What does an Office Assistant do?
Depending on the organization, office assistants, also be called administrative assistants, normally handle clerical support tasks. These can include scheduling appointments, organizing files, writing copy, proofreading documents and receiving guests.
Working as an Office Assistant
In the office, the daily activities focus on administrative support and will include some of the following:
- Maintain the filing system.
- Perform data entry and bookkeeping tasks.
- Greet visitors and clients as well as answer incoming calls.
- Monitor office inventory, ordering supplies as needed.
- Schedule travel arrangements and professional appointments using a calendar application.