What does an Operations Manager do?
An operations manager is responsible for the operations and productions within a business. The operations manager oversees the production of goods in a company and is also responsible for ensuring the optimal workings of a company's production machines.
Working as an Operations Manager
The operations manager is responsible for:
- Ensuring that workers are inspired and motivated to do their jobs correctly
- Making strategic decisions on behalf of the company
- Helping the hiring section of a company recruit the best professionals for the business
- Making sure documents are filed at the appropriate times according to established laws and regulations
- Acting as a third party between the working staff and the company's managers
How much does an Operations Manager make in the United States?
Average base salary
The average salary for a operations manager is $67,133 per year in the United States and $7,500 profit sharing per year.17.5k salaries reported, updated at August 15, 2022.
Where can an Operations Manager earn more?Compare salaries for Operations Managers in different locations
How much do similar professions get paid in United States?
Common questions about for an Operations Manager
What qualifies a person to be an operations manager?
Operations managers must have a degree in business administration or in a related course of study. Candidates must also have the required experience.
What are the roles of an operations manager in an organization?
Some of the roles of an operations manager may take on include:
- Organizing various sections of a company
- Working with all personnel, including staff members and managers, to meet goals
- Recruiting staff for the company
- Training new staff members
- Negotiating contracts
- Meeting budget requirements and correcting any issues
- Creating company policies that guide the business's relationship with customers
What are common operations manager interview questions?
Some common interview questions for operations managers are:
- How do you inspire others to do their best work?
- What type of experience do you have negotiating contracts with outside suppliers?
- What data processing and statistical software are you familiar with?
- How do you ensure quality is maintained in the face of increased productivity?