What does an Order Picker do?
An order picker works in the warehouses and distribution centers. They carry out variety of duties, like picking warehouse items from the shelves or storage and preparing them for shipment. They check that orders are accurately delivered and adhere to safety rules and regulations when handling equipment.
Working as an Order Picker
The work of an order picker involves:
- Picking and preparing items in neat boxes or load containers from the store for shipment
- Confirming that items to be delivered are in good condition
- Handling operational equipment and making sure safety rules and regulations are followed
- Making sure all inventory forms are accurately maintained
- Lifting heavy loads and preparing loads for shipment
How much does an Order Picker make in the United States?
Average base salary
The average salary for a order picker is $17.58 per hour in the United States and $5,125 overtime per year.51.5k salaries reported, updated at June 27, 2022.
Where can an Order Picker earn more?Compare salaries for Order Pickers in different locations
How much do similar professions get paid in United States?
Common questions about for an Order Picker
What is the role of an order picker?
The role of an order picker is to choose goods from shelves and prepare the items for shipment in warehouses.
How high can order picker equipment go?
The operators of an order picker machine usually stand on a platform and rise with the mast, unlike the way most lift trucks operate. The order picker equipment can reach between 9 feet and 35 feet high.