What does a Package Handler do?
Package handlers accelerate on-time supplies for cargo carriers. They are employed by large organizations that ship quantities of goods each day for their cargo delivery needs. Their main duties are to load and unload packages and other goods from trucks. They ensure all of the goods are safely delivered to their destination.
Working as a Package Handler
- Making sure goods are delivered in good condition to their respective destinations
- Communicating with fellow package handlers to ensure smooth operation at the warehouse
- Proper handling of important documents
- Loading or unloading goods from trucks under the supervision and instructions of supervisors
- Using both manual and automated packaging machines effectively
How much does a Package Handler make in the United States?
Average base salaryData source tooltip for average base salary.
The average salary for a package handler is $14.35 per hour in the United States and $4,375 overtime per year.
Frequently asked questions
What are the main duties of a package handler?
The main duties of a package handler are:
- Making sure there is successful transfer and delivery of goods to their respective destinations
- Operating heavy machinery
- Loading and unloading goods into trucks
- Handling manual or automated machines
- Making sure documents are kept safe
How should I dress to an UPS interview for a package handler?
Candidates attending a package handler job interview with UPS should dress business casual. This increases their chances of getting hired. Dressing too officially to a job interview like that of a package handler will reduce your chances of getting employed by the company.
What is the time frame for a UPS interview for package handlers?
Usually, the interview is simple in nature and lasts for about 10 minutes, after which you will be required to come back for training.