What does a Painter do?
A painter, also commonly called a house painter, is a professional who decorates with materials like paint, wallpaper and other finishes on internal and external surfaces. Painters can be self-employed and can also work for construction supervisors as employees. They can also work in the maintenance departments of organizations.
Working as a Painter
A painter may function in the following ways:
- Painting houses, cars, buildings and many other things
- Using different brushes, rollers and electronic spray guns to obtain the right coat and method for excellence-looking paint jobs
- Getting surfaces ready to receive paint by scraping or sanding
- Purchasing and mixing paints
- Making decisions on colors and finishes for the end product
How much does a Painter make in the United States?
Average base salaryData source tooltip for average base salary.
The average salary for a painter is $17.97 per hour in the United States and $5,615 overtime per year.
Frequently asked questions
What are the different types of painting techniques and styles?
There are many different techniques and styles of painting. Some of them are:
- Acrylic painting
- Oil painting
- Digital painting
- Pastel painting
- Watercolor painting
- Ink wash Painting
- Spray Painting
What is the future like for painters in terms of jobs prospect?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, painting jobs will grow progressively between 2010 and 2020.