What does a Painter do?
A painter, also commonly called a house painter, is a professional who decorates with materials like paint, wallpaper and other finishes on internal and external surfaces. Painters can be self-employed and can also work for construction supervisors as employees. They can also work in the maintenance departments of organizations.
Working as a Painter
A painter may function in the following ways:
- Painting houses, cars, buildings and many other things
- Using different brushes, rollers and electronic spray guns to obtain the right coat and method for excellence-looking paint jobs
- Getting surfaces ready to receive paint by scraping or sanding
- Purchasing and mixing paints
- Making decisions on colors and finishes for the end product
How much does a Painter make in the United States?
Average base salary
The average salary for a painter is $16.88 per hour in the United States and $5,615 overtime per year.
Most common benefits
Frequently asked questions
What are the different types of painting techniques and styles?
There are many different techniques and styles of painting. Some of them are:
- Acrylic painting
- Oil painting
- Digital painting
- Pastel painting
- Watercolor painting
- Ink wash Painting
- Spray Painting
What is the future like for painters in terms of jobs prospect?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, painting jobs will grow progressively between 2010 and 2020.