How to become a SalesForce Administrator
You can follow these steps to become a Salesforce administrator:
1. Earn a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, or other related field.
2. Get certified by obtaining the Salesforce certification
3. Gain two to four years of experience using the Salesforce platform, including implementation, training and documentation.
4. Improve your computer skills. Employers often request advanced skills, so register for training if needed.
What skills help SalesForce Administrators find jobs?
- Analysis skills
- Communication skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
Career progression for SalesForce Administrator
Education levels for SalesForce Administrators
|required level of education||percent of job openings|
|High school diploma or GED||6.0%|
Expected salary by experience
|Years of experience||Annual salary in USD|
|0 - 4||$75,700|
|4 - 8||$78,900|
|8 - 12||$84,400|
|12 - 16||$81,000|
|16 - 20||$81,500|
|20 - 24||$79,000|
Common questions about career advices for a SalesForce Administrator
What skills do salesforce administrator need?
- Organizational and time management skills: Salesforce administrators are able to complete work within the established deadlines.
- Project Management: A salesforce administrator can coordinate multiple projects at the same time and prioritize.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Administrators often need a positive attitude when managing end-users requests, and while creating and maintaining courteous working relationships with others.
- Computer proficiency: It's important for administrators to have the ability to understand and apply computer and software application skills.
- Analytical skills and a problem-solving mentality.
What is salesforce admin certification for a salesforce administrator?
The salesforce admin certification is the highest form of recognition for a Salesforce administrator. It validates your CRM expertise, improving your chances of employment and leading to a higher salary. According to a Salesforce survey, 77% of Salesforce professionals hold this certification.
How do you pass the salesforce certification exam to be a salesforce administrator?
To pass a salesforce certification examination to be a salesforce administrator, book the date of your exam ahead of time and plan your study. To prepare for the exam, salesforce recommends a mix of training, hands-on experience and study materials. Many training options are available online, including on the Salesforce website. Trailhead is one of the most recommended learning portals in the world, and offers online and instructor-led courses. For $20, you can take a practice test online and assess your readiness before the exam.