What does a SAP Consultant do?
A SAP (Systems Applications and Products) consultant is an expert in different software solutions designed for business needs. They study an organization's current computer systems and procedures and then create information systems solutions to assist the organization to operate more efficiently. These software solutions allow businesses to maintain customer relationships, organize financial data and manage employees.
Working as a SAP Consultant
Working as a SAP consultant involves being able to:
- Consult with managers to define the role of information technology (IT) systems in a company
- Supervise the installation and configuration of new systems
- Create ways to add new functionality to available computer systems
- Research current technologies to gauge whether they can increase an organization's efficiency
- Train the system's end users and write instruction manuals
- Design and run new systems by selecting and configuring hardware and software
How much does a SAP Consultant make in the United States?
Average base salary
The average salary for a sap consultant is $73.62 per hour in the United States. 600 salaries reported, updated at September 13, 2022
Where can a SAP Consultant earn more?Compare salaries for SAP Consultants in different locations
How much do similar professions get paid in United States?
Common questions about for a SAP Consultant
What different career paths are available for a SAP consultant?
Career paths to choose from as a SAP consultant include:
- SAP functional consultants perform the actual customization of software as per the unique requirements of an organization.
- SAP business consultants handle all of an organization's business affairs, especially interaction with the external environment.
- SAP technical consultants, also referred to as developer consultants, execute the required JAVA, ABAP, coding and programming for the software.
- SAP basis consultants perform software upgrades, installation, patches and application of support packages.
What skills should a SAP consultant have?
Required skills include:
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Extensive SAP (module specific) knowledge
- Ability to work in teams and display good interpersonal skills
- Domain knowledge in aspects such as banking and telecommunication
What are the advancement opportunities for a SAP consultant?
With adequate experience, a SAP consultant can advance to become a project manager and head a team of analysts. Alternatively, some can become IT directors or chief technology officers.