Frequently asked questions
How can retail managers increase their salary?
In busy stores, retail managers may have ample opportunity to work overtime, which can increase their salary. Retail managers can also consider applying to become an area manager, which is a role that commands a higher salary.
How can I know if I am being paid fairly?
If you’re unsure about what salary is appropriate for a position, visit Indeed's Salary Calculator to get a free, personalized pay range based on your location, industry and experience.
What are some personality traits of a good store manager?
Here are some important traits of a retail store manager:
- Being a goal-oriented person who thrives when setting and achieving goals
- Excellent at time management and highly organized
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills when dealing with customers and staff
- Natural leadership abilities with a focus on building and encouraging a collaborative environment
- Being a natural problem solver who can resolve conflict and deal with unexpected issues