Corporate Finance Institute
About Corporate Finance Institute
The Corporate Finance Institute (CPI) provides online courses for those who work, or are looking to launch careers, as financial analysts. The courses can be used to meet industry professional continuing education (PCE) credits, or they can be used to earn CPI’s Financial Modeling & Visualization Analyst (FMVA) or Machine Learning for Finance (Python) certifications.
The courses offered through CPI include:
- Accounting Fundamentals – Students learn to construct an income sheet, balance sheet and manage cashflow.
- Reading Financial Statements – Students learn to determine the financial strength of an organization by reviewing the organization’s balance sheet.
- Fixed Income Fundamentals – The course covers bond pricing, duration and yield curve analysis.
- Excel Crash Course: Spreadsheet Formulas for Finance – The course demonstrates Excel shortcuts, functions and formulas that are useful for creating financial models.
- Introduction to Corporate Finance – Students get and overview of capital fundraising, corporate valuation, mergers, acquisitions and corporate finance careers.
- Math for Corporate Finance – Students learn specific formulas commonly used in financial modeling.
- Financial Analyst Fundamentals – Students learn to create ratios from financial statements to generate financial analysis.
- Building a Financial Model in Excel – This step-by-step course teaches students to build basic financial statement models in Excel.
- Business Valuation Modeling – Students learn to build business valuations based on comps, precedence and DCF models.
- Budgeting and Forecasting – The course teaches how to build a budget, develop a forecast and perform a variance analysis.
- FP&A Monthly Cash Flow Forecast Model – Students learn how to build a 12-month rolling cashflow model.
- Scenario & Sensitivity Analysis in Excel – Students use Excel to build advanced scenario and sensitivity analysis for FP&A, investment banking and equity research.
- Dashboards & Data Visualization – Students hone their data visualization skills by building custom dashboards and presentations.
- PowerPoint & Pitchbooks – Students learn how to create a Pitchbook in PowerPoint.
- Advanced Financial Modeling & Valuation (Amazon Case) – Student learn to model Amazon shares by creating a DCF model and equity shares reports, and by using information from Capital IQ and PitchBook Data.
- Advanced Excel Formulas Course – Students learn advanced Excel formulas that are useful when creating financial analysis.
- Real Estate Financial Modeling – Students use Excel to build a real estate financial model that includes a cap rate and NOI analysis.
- Startup/eCommerce Financial Model & Valuation
- Mining Financial Model & Valuation – Students build a DCF valuation model for a mining asset.
- Renewable Energy/Solar Financial Modeling
- Mergers & Acquisitions Modeling
- Leverage Buyout (LBO) Modeling
- Corporate & Business Strategy – Students learn how to undertake a thorough strategic business analysis.
- Machine Learning for Finance: Python Fundamentals
CPI’s individual courses range from free to $197. The FVMA emersion course, which includes 24 courses, access to all updates of the program, lifetime course access, a library of downloadable templates, a PitchBook user account, model review and feedback and additional case studies, costs $847. A self-guided version of the program, which includes only the courses, course updates, lifetime course access and the templates library, is $497.
(Source: http://www.corporatefinanceinstitute.com/) Last updated December 03, 2019
Corporate Finance Institute offers classes online only. This school offers training in 32 qualifications, with the most reviewed qualifications being Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst, Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) and Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst Certificate. Time to complete this education training ranges from 3 hours to 6 months depending on the qualification, with a median time to complete of 3 months. The cost to attend Corporate Finance Institute ranges from $197 to $860 depending on the qualification, with a median cost of $497. When asked how they paid for their training, most reviewers responded, "I paid for it myself".
The most commonly reported benefits of attending Corporate Finance Institute are "Flexible class hours" and "Affordable", but respondents also mentioned "Good career preparation" and "Good teachers" as notable benefits. Corporate Finance Institute has been reviewed 30 times, with an average rating of 4.60 out of 5. 100% of reviewers would recommend Corporate Finance Institute to a friend.