The National CPR Foundation offers online training courses and certifications in CPR, Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC), Basic Life Support, blood-born pathogens, first aid, and the use of automatic external defibrillators (AEDs).
Courses last between 15 and 30 minutes, and feature video modules to demonstrate different emergency medical response techniques. The courses can be followed with a 10-question true-false examination. Those who pass the examinations receive instant certification. Once the exam is passed, users are emailed a certificate of completion, which can be immediately downloaded and printed, and laminated wallet-sized certification cards are sent by mail. Those who have previously been trained in the subject areas can choose to take the exams without the training to renew certification.
The National CPR Foundation’s certification courses are accredited and in compliance with the American Heart Association, the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR), ECC, and OSHA guidelines.
National CPR Foundation programs include:
- Standard CPR/AED Certification Course – This course teaches what to do to attempt to restore a heartbeat in the case of drowning, sudden cardiac arrest, and other emergency situations in which a victim’s heart has stopped beating. Course takers learn basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) techniques, which include a combination of breathing and chest compressions to restore breathing and heartbeat. Course takers also learn how to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) in an emergency situation.
- Standard First Aid – The Standard First Aid course teaches techniques for providing immediate aid to a variety of injuries. Through the course modules, participants learn how to provide on-scene aid for wounds, bone fractures, burns, choking, poisoning, hemorrhages, shock, cardiac emergencies, and a variety of other injuries.
- Standard CPR/First Aid/AED – This course combines the Standard CPR/AED and Standard First Aid course materials into one certification class that is meant to prepare participants for nearly any emergency situations. This course also includes information on the Good Samaritan Law.
- Standard Bloodborne Pathogens – The Bloodborne Pathogens course focuses on OSHA guidelines for dealing with blood and other bodily fluids in a safe manner to lower the risk of contamination and infection.
- Healthcare Professional CPR/AED – The Healthcare Professional CPR/AED course is designed to teach emergency cardiac care to anyone in the healthcare field, as well as anyone who is likely to be the first on the scene during a medical emergency, including first responders, security guards, and lifeguards. Course participants learn the chest compression/breathing techniques for proper CPR as well as how to use an AED.
- Healthcare Professional Basic Life Support – The Basic Life Support (BLS) certification trains healthcare professionals on how to provide basic life support until a victim is reached by first responders or arrives at a hospital. BLS training includes CPR training and first aid training, along with modules that present different emergency scenarios and how BLS can be used to create a positive medical outcome in those scenarios.
Certification through the National CPR Foundation costs between $13 and $25, and group discounts are available. Certifications are good for two years. (Source: https://www.nationalcprfoundation.com/)
This school offers training in 61 qualifications, with the most reviewed qualifications being Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification, First Aid Certification, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification. Time to complete this education training ranges from 1 hour to 2.2 weeks depending on the qualification, with a median time to complete of 2 hours. The cost to attend National CPR Foundation ranges from $10 to $700 depending on the qualification, with a median cost of $24. When asked how they paid for their training, most reviewers responded, "I paid for it myself".
The most commonly reported benefits of attending National CPR Foundation are "Affordable" and "Flexible class hours", but respondents also mentioned "Good career preparation" and "Helpful career services" as notable benefits. National CPR Foundation has been reviewed 727 times, with an average rating of 4.68 out of 5. About 98% of reviewers would recommend National CPR Foundation to a friend.
- First Aid Certification: $10 - $700
- Leaving Certificate: $24
- Food Handler Certification: $15
- Standard First Aid Certificate: $25
- C.P.R./HIV STUDIES: $15
- Chapter 400 Training 16-hr Certificate: $30
- PCA: $200
- Driver's License: $15 - $125
- Licensed to serve alcohol: $12
- Infant: $20 - $1,699
- toddler: $20
- Bloodborne pathogens- National CPR foundation: $15
- Adult) certificate: $250
- Social and emotional milestones certificate: $50
- Basic first aid course: $12
- Employment Services Program: $15
- Class D Security License: $55
- Guard Card: $45
- DV 40 hr training certified: $25
- (2018-20): $25
- Child Abuse Reporter Certified: $25
- Chem Dep theory: $25
- Child Abuse and Prevention Certified during 40 hr volunteer training: $25
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Instructor Certification: $300
- & much experience certificate: $13
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification: $10 - $1,250
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification: $15 - $100
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification: $14 - $1,699
- Adult Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification: $10 - $1,699
- Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification: $10 - $100
- NationalCPRFoundation Certificate: $30
- Infant Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification: $15
- Adult Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification: $15
- Infant First Aid Certification: $20 - $250
- Adult First Aid Certification: $15 - $1,699
- Infant Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification: $20 - $30
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10 Hour Certification: $30
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30 Hour Certification: $30
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA): $20
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification: $50 - $60
- Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA): $20
- Childcare Certification: $40 - $1,699
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Training: $30
- Bloodborne Pathogens Certification: $10 - $120
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Certification: $30
- Adult Education Certification: $20
- Adult Language Education Certification: $20
- (Adultt/Child/Infant)First Aid/CPR/AED: $75
- BLS (Basic Life Support) (CPR) Certified: $20
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification: $60
- Associate's Degree: $30
- CPR AED FIRST AID infant child and adult: $15