OSHAcademy provides online training courses on occupational safety and health (OSH). The courses can be used to meet professional training requirements, earn transfer credits for college programs, work toward a college or graduate degree in occupational health and safety or meet requirements of the Institute for Safety and Health Management’s Certified Safety Management Practitioner program. The training programs are free, though students who require documentation for their training are charged a fee to obtain PDF or original copies of course completion certificates.
The site has 149 online classes. Those classes are broken down into 30 courses designed to help students focus their training in particular professional area.
The programs offered through OSHAcademy are broken down by industry and include:
- 132-Hour OSH Professional – Effectively managing safety in the workplace
- 48-Hour OSH Management – Training for health and safety management professionals on designing and implementing safety programs
- 44-Hour OSH Specialist – For employees charged with overseeing health and safety programs
- 36-Hour OSH Trainer (Train-the-Trainer) – How to train their company rsquo;s employees on health and safety matters
- 36-Hour OSH Supervisor – What workplace supervisors need to know about their responsibilities to keep their employees safe
- 36-Hour Safety Committee Chair – Training for workplace health and safety committee chairs
- 32-Hour Safety Committee Member – Training for safety committee members
- 30-Hour General Industry Safety and Health – For workers in charge of safety programs
- 10-Hour General Industry Safety and Health – Covers worker rights and employer responsibilities for entry-level employees
- 10-Hour Employee Occupational Safety and Health – How to create a safe workplace
- 192-Hour Construction Safety and Health Professional – Intensive course for those in the construction industry
- 162-Hour Construction Safety and Health Manager – Training for safety and health managers on construction sites
- 145-Hour Construction Site Safety Supervisor – For construction site supervisors
- 130-Hour Construction Safety and Health Specialist – Training for construction employees charged with managing safety
- 47-Hour Construction Safety and Health Train the Trainer – How to train construction workers on safety
- 30-Hour Construction Safety and Health – For construction employees charged with monitoring safety
- 10-Hour Construction Safety and Health – Basic health and safety training for entry-level construction employees
Oil and Gas
- 233-Hour Oil and Gas Safety Health Professional – In-depth course for oil and gas workers who want to make safety part of their careers
- 192-Hour Oil and Gas Safety and Health Manager – For those who are in charge of safety programs
- 164-Hour Oil and Gas Safety and Health Supervisor – Training program for supervisors
- 155-Hour Oil and Gas Safety and Health Specialist – For employees with safety responsibilities
- 70-Hour Oil and Gas Safety and Health Train-the-Trainer – How to train employees on safety matters
40-Hour EM-385-1-1 Construction Safety Hazard Awareness for Contractors – For contractors, managers, supervisors, managers and construction personnel who work on U.S. Military Contracts and who need to be compliant with federal safety-training regulations
40-Hour HAZWOPER – Review of OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard
11-Hour Tattoo and Body Art Employee Safety – Covers the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendation for tattoo and body artists, including bloodborne pathogen training
(Source: https://www.oshatrain.org/) Last updated December 06, 2019
This school offers training in 120 qualifications,
with the most reviewed qualifications
being Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10 Hour Certification, Forklift Certification, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30 Hour Certification.
Time to complete this education training ranges from 1 hour
to 7 months
depending on the qualification, with a median time to complete of 22 hours
The cost to attend OSHAcademy ranges from $10 to $1,500 depending on the qualification,
with a median cost of $120.
When asked how they paid for their training, most reviewers responded, "I paid for it myself".
The most commonly reported benefits of attending OSHAcademy are
"Flexible class hours" and "Affordable", but respondents also mentioned
"Good career preparation" and "Helpful career services" as notable benefits.
OSHAcademy has been reviewed 243 times, with an average
rating of 4.51 out of 5.
of reviewers would recommend OSHAcademy to a friend.