Premier Food Safety has provided food-safety education and training for more than 40 years. Today, Premier Food Safety offers training for restaurateurs and food service employees both online and in classrooms. The trainings can be used as general training for restaurant owners and employees, or those working in kitchens can obtain their state-specific certifications. All food safety certifications are accredited by American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
Premier Food Safety educational certifications:
- California Food Handler – Food service workers within the state of California are required to get a California Food Handler card within 30 days of employment. The certification must be renewed every 3 years. To obtain the California Food Handler Card, applicants must take an approved course and earn a score of 70% or higher on the Food Handler Card exam. The course is offered in English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
- San Diego County Food Handler Card – Food service workers in San Diego County are required to earn a Food Handler Card from an entity that is approved by San Diego County. The cards are valid for 3 years. Premier Food Safety offers the course in English and Spanish.
- Texas Food Handlers Card – The state of Texas requires food handlers to obtain a Food Handlers Card from a certified provider. Premier Food Safety offers the course in English and Spanish.
- Illinois Food Handlers Card – Food handlers in Illinois are required to receive safety certification within 30 days of hire from a certified provider. The cards are good for 3 years. This course is available in English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
- Arizona Food Handlers Card – Arizona requires food handlers to earn safety certification. Cards must be presented to the food handler’s county board of health. Premier Food Safety offers the course in English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
- Maricopa County Food Handlers Card – Food service workers in Maricopa County, Ariz., are required to earn food handlers safety cards within 30 days of employment, and the cards must be renewed every 3 years. Training is available in English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Vietnamese.
- Florida Food Handlers Card – Food service employees working for establishments licensed by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Hotels and Restaurants. Employees must be trained within 60 days of hire and recertified every 3 years. Course is available in English and Spanish.
- Kansas City Food Handlers Card – Kansas City, Mo., requires all food handlers to obtain a food handlers card. The training is offered in English, Spanish and Chinese.
- Utah Food Handlers Permit – Utah requires all food handlers to undergo a safety training course and obtain a Food Handlers Permit.
- Food Manager Certification – Several states require that at least one person per food establishment hold a food manager certification from a certified training provider. Certifications are offered to meet requirements for Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, the City of Chicago, Maryland, Utah, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- Alcohol Training – Some jurisdictions require training for the responsible serving of alcohol, and some employers prefer to offer this training as a safety measure. Premier Food Safety offers training to meet the requirements of the California Responsible Beverage Service Training and Illinois Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education Training (BASSET), as well as the Servsafe Alcohol Exam. (Source: https://www.premierfoodsafety.com/)
Premier Food Safety is located in Fullerton, CA, but also offers classes online.
This school offers training in 84 qualifications,
with the most reviewed qualifications
being Food Handler Certification, California Food Handler Certification, and ServSafe Certification.
Time to complete this education training ranges from 1 hour
to 6 months
depending on the qualification, with a median time to complete of 2 hours
The cost to attend Premier Food Safety ranges from Under $10 to $130 depending on the qualification,
with a median cost of $15.
When asked how they paid for their training, most reviewers responded, "I paid for it myself".
The most commonly reported benefits of attending Premier Food Safety are
"Affordable" and "Flexible class hours", but respondents also mentioned
"Good career preparation" and "Helpful career services" as notable benefits.
Premier Food Safety has been reviewed 792 times, with an average
rating of 4.54 out of 5.
of reviewers would recommend Premier Food Safety to a friend.