&pizza

&pizza Employee Reviews

great place too work.
Like to work with all my tribes and make a fun place to work and that everyone feels good to get to work every day. when they need some kind of help..
Pros
free pizza for breaks.
Great place to work.
I love working at &pizza, it's a great company.
They give free meals, vacation, and 401K, also health insurance.

The management is very accommodating and helpful.
Great place to work!
Haven’t been there for that long and I’ve been promoted 2x already. Very laid back environment, probably one of the coolest places to work. They do focus on growth but sometimes can be a little too nice.
Best Job Ever
I love &pizza. It’s not a forever job, but definitely something I had fun with in college. Made so many amazing friends and had a very laid back boss. It was kind of hectic, but we really had awesome teamwork!
Pros
Above minimum wage pay, company culture
Cons
The customers
Not worth the stress
A typical day started off by finding out how short staff you were and how much slack from others you had to pick up.

Favoritism, favoritism, favoritism.. that's all I have to say. If you are not in an inner circle, just quit because you will hate being there.

Managers only care about getting guests in and out of the door. They do not check food safety or quality. I only saw temperatures being taken of food, ONCE.

Training is a joke. You get hired for one job, but you do another..

The hardest part of the job is when corporate comes in and sends most of the staff home and its just 2-3 of you doing the jobs of 5-6 people but being compensated as one.

STAY AWAY!
Pros
Free pie, Long breaks to "save hours"
Cons
Management doesn't know a thing, horrible training
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
&pizza was a fun first job experience despite its flaws.
Working at &pizza gave me confidence, due to the fact that everyone is different, which made the environment much more comfortable to be in. Despite some flaws such as rude tribe members, and a fluctuating schedule I would recommend this job as a start off.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Rude coworker
Only job where i personally can be myself
This job is amazing. And the only way someone can say something bad about this job is if your fairly lazy. The job is really easy to do u never work alone everything is a team effort. if u just aren't a team player this isn't the right job for you. I just got here 2 weeks and already been promoted.
Worst job
I hated working here. At first it was lovely because I was able to obtain this job by a close friend at the time. But once I got hired and such, I saw that working there was stressful. There was a lot of cliques and circles and if you weren’t in one, you felt excluded from everything. Also the hours that were given was pure garbage especially with traveling into the city.
Just like any other food place in NY
Worked here for two years. They know how to sell it I'll give you that. I've worked in a shop with no GM for months. They don't hire within they hire outside. Only thing that made this job bearable was my tribe and some guests. Other than that this job and what they're about is mainly for show and marketing. They're shady and don't do things by the book. I was forced to sign a resignation that I didnt write. The favoritism is always at an all time high, Ive been short staffed multiple times and even left on a shift alone by myself one night. I've endured a lot of uneccessary inconveniences from this job only to be forced out. If you're looking for a place with some purpose this isn't it. If you just need a job to hold you for a few till you find something better this is the place to go.
Pros
Tribe, free pizza for break
Cons
Management, staffing, hours
Productive and fun workplace
It's a great place to work at it. Management Group is good. Great work environment and the people are good to work with and the job is pretty easy long as you know what you doing
There’s good with the bad
If you show dedication and work really hard it will be rewarded with promotions as long as you continue to put the work in. great place to gain experience in customer service if you don’t already have it. Not so good if you do get promoted and need a flexible schedule. PTO starts after a year, company is fairly new still working out kninks. If you’re looking for a tipped job. This is not the place.
Pros
Free pizza every shift, diverse crowd
Absolutely terrible
This place sucked, night shift never prepped for us in the morning but expected us to, Managers were stealing money, had a whole family working in 1 store and they tried to get people fired, my manager was a spineless "leader", they write you up even if you're not wrong, they don't distribute side jobs evenly. I was 6 months pregnant and I had to do prep, clean the bathroom, take out trash, dishes and clean FOH and the perform my usual work duties.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Those people suck
Disillusioned
What once boasted amazing tribe focused culture, has now shifted almost completely. I am disharted with the direction this company is headed and am hoping to hold onto the culture that drew me to this job for as long as it is around.

Furthermore, while community culture and involvement was a large part of &pizza's origin, as this fast-casual company has grown and seen financial success, it has fallen into the pitfalls that come along with it.

Numbers hold more value than employees and it feels almost like cultural exploitation at this point. Tribe members are treated as disposable and while upward mobility is preached to the masses, there is little more internal development beyond the shop.
not horrible but not good
Lot’s of changes in the company over the last two years. The support office is constantly changing and the culture isn’t as good as it once was with some of these new executives brought on that only care about money and forget about the people working for them. They are constantly hiring new external shop leaders that come and fail or get over stressed. The compensation is very low for being in expensive DC and the benefits are horrible. As a shop leader you have to deal with many problems especially late at night and it’s frustrating how these new external leaders don’t understand the struggles we face or how much we actually do. They talk a lot of positive things but don’t follow through with any of it.
Very productive and fun. Allows you to be yourself freely while still being a professional. Allows you to also have fun while working.
Allows you to be yourself and be free and work hard but having fun while doing it. Like every other business they are all about their guest but they also care and love their employees as well.
Pros
Free lunch everyday and a 50% discount, vacation days
Cons
No breaks for management team, I just need about 10 minutes to
Meeting interesting people.
a fast paced, easy going work environment. Always on feet and but you meet many people and have a lot of extra work on top of daily duties. Make pizzas accommodate people's modifications to orders due to allergies and other needs. work the register and learn specific recipes and execute them in a speedy and prompt manner.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and fun
Coming into &pizza is so relaxed. You never have to worry about what is happening at work on this day. It is a please working there because of all of the fun employees.
Fast paced, fun
I had a wonderful time working for &pizza. I've worked at three stores for this company. The first is at U Street and gallaudet station, then Dupont circle, the last is at foggy bottom station down George Washington University
Pros
You can make any pizza you want
Cons
Late nights are way over crowded
Fun and relaxing place to work
love it, would recommend to anyone looking for a job. Very easy to learn and everyone is always helpful. A lot of team work is done there, we work together to get everything done
AndPizza
And Pizza was a great job starting out . But as the years past the company changed in a bad way . they company does not care about there staff starting from the tribe members , and ending with the store managers. Working at &Pizza I realized that I I can find a better food service job that actually cares and love to work with there staff .
A job is only an amazing experience if you can make it.
I think walking into &pizza for the first shift, I thought I'd eventually crack under the weight of handling people's food at a pace faster than I was familiar with, weekend nightlife. However after a couple months, I was already well adjusted and found myself acclimated with putting together and opening a new store, having regulars specifically ask for me and being one of the most senior tribe members of this particular store. And I think if there were to come a day when I left the establishment, I'd have an impact on the energy we've managed to form around the shop with those in the area. A genuine connection between those that come in for food, and, those that come in to work.
Pros
1 free pizza per day, half off the rest for friends and family included.
Cons
Irregular schedule updates, Lack of communication regarding changes in the company with employees