1-800-Flowers.com Employee Reviews

On call never many hours on the check
Incoming call center (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 25, 2018
I was on call for the seasonal part of the year and was let go after the new year holday was over. I was top of my temp training class for call center and most successful call though rate when I was working.
Pros
Discount
Cons
None but the hours
Relaxed/Enviornment
Florist Relations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJuly 21, 2018
1800Flowers is a relaxed environment for the most part. The stress levels seem to pick up during the holidays but that is a given. Everyone is quite friendly in the office, even management.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHJuly 19, 2018
A lot of work is involved while you are on the phone however the management and staff are always very nice and friendly. If you work in the billing department it can be very stressful at times because you get cursed at a lot by customers because they don't like the billing system when they place orders online. The customer's get multiple authorizations and it affects their available balance. So customers call and get very upset because we over charged them. This is where we get a lot of escalation phone calls that are received. It can be a lot of processing for the Passports orders also and refunds. The audit and grading system is very strict, it is very easy to get a 33% on your phone audits. Also, the pay is very, very, very low. Considering other areas around pay at least $15.00 an hour like Amazon does. Amazon is the next town over and can start you at at least $16.00 an hour no experience.
Do your research. However, the benefits are very nice. Dental, Vision, Health and a flex card.
Pros
Health Benefits after 90 days
Cons
Very, very, very low pay.
A lot of risk
Worker (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJuly 16, 2018
1800Flowers is an interesting company that is currently yearning for an identity. This is the age of the internet with powerful players like Amazon taking hold of the market. The Company overall doesn't seem competitive. Most personnel grew up with the Company and are comfortable in their positions vs. striving for efficiency.
Good people to work with
Delivery driver for 1800-Flowers (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 1, 2018
Good job just never know if it is slow but when it’s busy it’s busy during holidays. Use your own car paid every two weeks on a Wednesday. Job is better than no job.
Depressing
Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJune 22, 2018
First I was hired by Cheryl&Co. Shortly after I had to learn skill & service for several other companies. Once I was hired, scheduling was change without options. Started at a brick and mortar but change to Home Agent, without option. Started out as friendly and open but changed to number driven when Cherl sold out to 1800flowers. If you can't keep up you're out. So eventually I was put out.
Pros
I enjoy talking to people and meeting their needs.
Cons
everything else.
If there was better management, I would have a better review.
Priority Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHJune 22, 2018
The management needs more training, little to no career advancement unless you kiss butt. The rules change like the Ohio weather. The work environment is so poor. Stressful work place, over worked with little acknowledgement. Working holidays. Do not match 401k.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
management, work environment
Life in a timeclock
E-COMMERCE CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 21, 2018
If you really like conformity and strict schedules, this is the place for you. The pay isn't bad at all, and I did get some nice bonuses and (oh, boy) they feed you some seriously good treats. But, you have to clock in on 3 different computerized platforms, down to the minute, or you are penalized. After 3 "dings," you can be dismissed, no questions asked, even if it is a computer issue. They were, however, very accommodating with my carpal tunnel issues and provided an ergonomic keyboard for me. Unfortunately, their "gulag" mentality forces people to attend work even while deathly ill, which just spreads the germs like wildfire, and sure enough, I ended up with the worst case of bronchitis I'd ever encountered, leading to my missing 16 days of the season, losing out on nearly $1,000 of pay.
Pros
Good pay, choice of shifts (not always provided)
Cons
Prison mentality, lack of value of employees
Was promoted to Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHJune 8, 2018
A typical day at 1800Flowers is clock in answer emails and phone calls from florists, customers, recipients, funeral homes, and etc. I learned how to handle a very frustrated and rude customer. I gained more computer skills from 1800Flowers due to me being on the computer. Management was great. I know when I had some personal problems or problems at work I went to management and talked about them. 1800 Flowers is a good place to work.
No Review at this time
Inside Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXJune 3, 2018
I am choosing not to write a review at this time. I loved my job at flowers, but when management sold out the WAH program to another company, I chose to leave.
Fun place to work
Executive Assistant to the CIO/ VP of CS (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMay 22, 2018
great job, great co workers. excellent training program, very open to new ideas and implementing them enterprise wide. great working facility. often helped out other departments.
Pros
great people
Cons
overtime
stressful
Gift Advisor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 18, 2018
I worked in a call center environment that was stressful everyday. It was not what I expected. The atmosphere was tiring and the days seem drawn out and long.
not a fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMMay 8, 2018
I started here in 2003 as a seasonal temp. so glad too. they expected too much from you. Unless you had a silver tongue on the phone, you got nowhere and the managers berated you. during every purchase, if you didn't get a single up-sale item they would come over to you and treat you like a child and act as if your still in grade school. terrible place to work
Pros
you could sit down all day
Cons
everything else
Nice
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 29, 2018
It’s a nice job to have u just can’t take a lot of days off and don’t get injured cause they will fire you cause I had it happen to me. I injured my hand at work and was took to the hospital had to get 9 stitches and couldn’t bend my hand the hospital discharged papers stated do work to comfort if not able return back to work in a week and the next day I was in a lot of pain and called off of work just for them to call me 3 hours later to fire me stating I didn’t call off.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Don’t get injured cause you’ll get fired
1800flowers
Sales and service (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 23, 2018
this was a fast paced job. enjoyed it very much. Handled calls from peopling ordering there arrangements. And also from unsatisfied customers. But always finished the call on a happy note.
Good company to work for if you have the talent and participate in the everyday politics
Senior Manager of Customer Experience-Virtual (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMApril 18, 2018
It is a fast pace environment. There were different challenges every day. I enjoyed helping my teams to meet and exceed their required goals. I enjoyed my job. However, I was never good with the cut-throat politics that existed in there overall culture. I was a dedicated, hard working, goal oriented employee. But in the end you had to play the politics to remain with the company.
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
I had this job a very long time ago so I do not know what it is like there now. The review I am giving is from my experience when I was there. I love flowers and working in call centers so it was a delight for me to working here at that time. The pay rate was fine with me because at that time I was living with my mom with little responsibilities.
Pros
Nature of work place, call center
Cons
Learned alot there- they took care of me
Director of Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 13, 2018
Tons of challenges - Long Island produces some of the toughest people I have ever worked with! I eventually left due to the amount of travel and relentless work schedule.
Pros
Hardworking employees
Cons
Long long hours - changing leadership
great place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2018
they were a great company to learn from. this was one of my first jobs and I recieved a great work experience from them. friendly enviroment and great training
working from home
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 10, 2018
back to back calls, lots of training for different areas of the jobs being performed, we had team lrads who could assist with hard calls if managers were busy, getting used to all the shift changes without notice, being able to work from home.
Pros
getting to meet the brothers who own the company
Cons
shift changes, split days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-Flowers.com. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight