1-800-Flowers.com Employee Reviews

None productive environment with poor management and low pay.
E-Commerce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJune 7, 2019
There’s nothing good to say about this company.
Management and HR have an agenda against the new employees. People work here for a 2-3 yrs max before they find reasons to terminate your position without previous notice. Managers do and hire whomever they feel like to work under them including their own family members with no prior experience or skills and give them priority. There’s a lot of discrimination in this company.
Expect to be underpaid. The benefits package is one of the worst. They also have a 401k plan with no contributions. No bonuses, no career progression.
Very low morale! If you ever have an issue HR would never have your back. Make any complains at your own risk.... at the end you will be set up and let go. I was witness of many employees who were let go without justifications.
You will be working with old technology and ancient platforms.

Managers have no people skills but sad to say HR is your enemy there.

Do your search before working for this company or work there at your own risk!!
Pros
Cons
Poor benefits, Low pay, No job security, poor managements, HR works against the employees, unskilled staffs, outdated technology.
Good work environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2019
Great place to work for . Fun staff and lots of work which would make your day go by faster. Still would of been working with them if they wouldn't franchise out.
Pros
30 minutes lunch and 15 minutes break
Fun Workplace
Loyal Priority Lead Team Inbound & Outbound CSR (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OH USAMay 24, 2019
They took their customers very seriously. There was no quota there and taking care of customers was at ease. Once in awhile you would get a customer that really didn't know what they wanted. I think I liked that the best. Helping picking out flowers was fun
Pros
Hours were great.
Cons
No Leadership in place.
Fun place to meet new people
Florist (Current Employee) –  410 blancoMay 24, 2019
I love this job i just need more hours .I have been working here for 10 years but im ready to try something much different and new . Hopefully i get the opportunity for a better future for myself and my children.My boss is very understanding and im still very young with a bright future . consistency is what im leaning towards .
poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHMay 19, 2019
The managers there were not really that great of managers. They would not help if you needed help. They left you to fend for your self. If someone request a manager they made you transfer to another agent and have that agent lie to the customer that they were a supervisor/manager.
Pros
discount on flowers
Cons
management
it's a check
Executive Services (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHApril 12, 2019
it's a check. Your immediate management staff is nice. Your coworkers are nice. Upper management sucks. Company policy sucks. The way they treat their florists is atrocious. You are literally required to lie to your customers. They only care about the customers that have lots of money. The little guy gets nothing. Their systems are antiquated. Mistakes are constantly made and deliveries have a 50% chance of actually being delivered.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else
Fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 13, 2019
This company was an awesome company to work for. Management training and development was easy to acheive. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a team player.
Terrible management
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 7, 2019
Such an easy job is turned into such a mess because of poor management. 2 managers run the place 3 days a week. The managers assign managerial roles to the florists and customer service representatives, to keep the drivers in control. No flowers are made on time regardless of pre orders. Most flower atrrangements have DTW’s (delivery time window) which are mostly funerals, are always late to be made having the drivers rush to funerals that have already started. Now as the delivery person, I have to apologize to the funeral director for the flowers being late. All businesses are due at 5 pm and they have you leave the warehouse at 4:50 even after waiting 4 hours When I came in at 12pm to pick them up. The customer service reps and the employees in the office do payroll, not the management, so everyone knows how much you get paid and laugh that other drivers make more. I also waited for my tax forms for very long and realized after calling the management, that I wasn’t even registered as an employee regardleas of working there for over a year. Now after leaving I can’t colect unemployment because there is no proof of income. This job is so easy yet the management punishes you for anything. I chose not to work Saturday’s when I only have to work Monday thru Friday they made me go in for a meeting to curse me out and ask me why I don’t want to work weekends. They promised me 20 stops a day equaling to 200 daily yet they give me 4 stops for the whole day in queens only pays $32 bucks. They forced me in and almost fired me to do 4 stops because they could t get anyone else to come  more... in. Every weekend I received a phone call at 7 am to come into work as well so my sleep cycle was also ruined. Easy job, horrible pay, terrible management that just tries to make friends with employees instead of getting the job done! Do not work at the Long Island city location you have been warned.  less
Pros
Easy to do
Cons
Wait hours for your loads, treated poorly, belittled
Great place to work. Very good training. Very patient and considerate trainers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Place, NYFebruary 16, 2019
Great place to work. Pleasant and considerate staff. Excellant training. They were very compassionate towards me as a caregiver. I would recommend them to anybody who wanted to work at home.
Pros
Excellant training.
Cons
Working on old systems like the dos system. However it was fun to learn.
Stressful, Middle Management issues
Loyalty Agent / VIP Agent (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHFebruary 15, 2019
I don't feel comfortable writing what I truly want to say here because I am still employed by 1800Flowers.com. Suffice it to say that I have never felt my job was secure during the almost four years I have worked there.
Pros
Great people to work with at the agent level.
Cons
Lunches not long enough, pay raises promised but not given.
1800Flowers.com
Seasonal Workathome customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYFebruary 13, 2019
Although challenging at times, my job experience at 1800Flowers was very enjoyable. I was happy helping customers with their flower needs. I was especially empathetic with customers who did not like their flowers, customers who received flowers late and customers who called for a floral arrangement due to a death of a friend or family member.
Pros
Working with something I like (selling flowers)
Cons
Seasonal job for which my job could be terminated at will
Small friendly environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMFebruary 1, 2019
Everyone was nice and relaxed. Busy and never a dull day. Paid nicely and great training. Would work there again if I lived there still. It's been years so not sure how it is now.
Fun place to work very competitive productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 18, 2019
Some supervisors shouldnt be supervisors. Its is an awesome place to work at they should drug test people thats what makes a business flow. People should have respect for their employees
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short lunch and breaks buy lunches
Poor work place
Customer Service Representative/VIP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHJanuary 18, 2019
1800Flowers.com is a terrible place to work. The managers all have an attitude. They do not properly train you before throwing you into something new. They do not properly coach you. The attendance policy is terrible.
it was a job that i have reach my end at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHJanuary 18, 2019
its a very stressful place never know from one day to the next what changes are going to be made at the company and that made it a stressful job to be in and that is why I am looking else where
Horrible place to work
VIP Representative (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHJanuary 16, 2019
None of the managers knew what they were doing, everyone interpreted the rules differently and nobody could give a straight answer to a problem.. Training in this job is infinitesimal and uncoordinated.
Benefits
Cons
horrible management
Great
VIP business (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OH 43025January 14, 2019
Great place they work well with you. Help out when they can when life happens out of work. Manger is always there to help. Miss working there for sure.
na
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 26, 2018
lots of cleaning learned nothing. poor management, most employee are very selfish and nasty. very hard on keeping up with cleaning under staff..most enjoyable is driving
Pros
Cons
everything
It was horrible
Supervisor/ Designer (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 13, 2018
A day there was so boring. I worked as a supervisor in the fruit department, making fruit arrangements ( Like edible arrangements) and at firs I loved it. I enjoy what I did there creating those fruit bouquets, but the new management was horrible, the hours were even worse, and they never gave me a raise or a review in the 3 years that I worked there. During the holidays it gets extremely busy and during that time I am held responsible to do everything and make sure the other people are doing the right thing. I had to train people right before the holidays to create these bouquets and they're not easy to make. It takes a certain level of creativity that some people just don't have, or not right away at least. But I never got the time to properly train. The arrangements during the holidays came out horrible because of that and there was nothing I could do because they're all putting so much pressure on us to get everything done with an unreasonable time frame. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Paid lunch, as many ciggarette breaks as I want, I could always come and go when I needed to.
Cons
Off season is so slow that I never worked, so much so, that I was making not even 200$ in a whole paycheck ( 2 weeks).
This company should not be in business
Warehouse / flower processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 23, 2018
If you work in warehousing most likely will not be working with flowers of Charlotte for long .
Because of the owner's history of treating anyone who works in Warehouse like less than equal despite the fact of the physical labor that comes with the job.
I do not recommend working there for long.
It's the equivalent of a bad 7-Eleven.
Plus the management is trash.
Despite the fact that you went out of your way to help as much employees and one particular employee who happens to be higher up choose not to make a list on fails to understand that around holiday season's it's a lot more stressful on the warehouse staff who's in charge of maintaining both the retails Suite Q and designs flowers Suite A.

Management / company overview:
The company I fully aware about the very federal employees who actually keep everything maintain both buildings while less than half of the designers who work there like to treated it a second-rate hair salon.
Gossiping about everyone who works at 1800 flowers/ flowers of Charlotte but they don't like to be called out on it multiple times.
In if they let go they will not give you your paid time off hours is that you have accumulated on your final pay along with your work hours.
Pros
Keeping old computers with the hard drives that still intact
Cons
The owner is biased towards straight males regardless of race.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-Flowers.com. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight