1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Honestly speaking
Truck Team member (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 22, 2018
Dont work here if you want fair pay and treatment. Pay sucks for the work you do. 1 manager is too old to work and the other is too lazy. Discrimination is a plus and the management sells the mattress that they never donate. Poore Management!
Pros
Non
Cons
How to be on this team. Get more done and get paid more. No milking the clock here. We just get things done and no excuses.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2018
Work 4 days a week. A day could be 10-12 hours typically. If you have a work ethic and don't need your hand held this is a great place to be.

Making more than just an hourly rate and tips is based on your performance. If you are average you get paid as such, if you are efficient, professional, and friendly you will make more money.
It’s okay
Route Leader (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJune 20, 2018
Good job but not a career. Lots of heavy lifting and days of driving around and managing your own route since the work may or may not happing depending on customers.
Work Hard and make good money
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 20, 2018
If you show up on time and work hard, you can make good money here. Plus tips are a bonus.

Does not matter how long you work here, to advance. If you are a top performer, you will get noticed and rewarded!
Pros
Good pay, good culture
Cons
long hours, not a set schedule
truck team member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here. It was a good paying job and they had a fun exciting culture. I could usually get as many hours as I wanted as they stay very busy. Management was fair and did a good job.
Pros
good pay, good friends, great culture, good exercise
A place for opportunity
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  La Puente, CAJune 14, 2018
Before starting at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, I had a goal to achieve in life but needed the support system to make it a reality. I wanted a part-time job to complete my undergrad studies however most places I interviewed had limited flexibility for a college student until I applied here. The franchise owner thought it was a great idea to excel academically and offered me a truck team member position as well as the comfort to ask for any additional assistance he can be of for me. While in school, I took part in full work days with the team and still had time to come home and do homework. It is very interesting to meet a variety of different people every day and each with their different stories. We always made the customer feel better at the end while giving them back what was theirs, the needed space. The truck team members that worked along side me always looked out for each other and made the day go faster with their efficiency and humor. Working in the summer is by far the hardest part of the job yet you will always have your partner keeping you up and handing you a cold water to refresh you during every job. The rewards when finished are the compliments and the gratitude from the customers when they see the hard work we did for them. In the mixed of all this, I was able to receive my Bachelors degree from the University of California, Irvine in Psychology. I plan in continuing my academic road into working towards a Masters degree in the future and with the support I have from my company, I believe I can.
Pros
Tips, NPS complementary lunches, company growth
It is a good place to work.
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 12, 2018
A good place to work, every day is a challenge and exciting. Every day is different and you get to meet very interesting clients and just an overall good place to work.
Pros
Meet people and help people out.
Cons
It is hot some days.
No 2 days are the same
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILJune 5, 2018
No 2 days are the same. This position allows for a lot of interaction with different types of people every day. You never are bored and there is always something new to look forward to. Challenging work that allows you to use all your skills.
Pros
Advancement, meeting new people
Job Advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 3, 2018
All of 1800GOTJUNK? prides on promoting from within. Those who strive will succeed. The biggest benefit is the knowledge base that can be developed in positions at 1800GOTJUNK? You will learn to run a small business effectively and efficiently.
Pros
Job Culture, Flexbility
Cons
Compensation is below average
Great job
Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2018
The work can be tough sometimes, but the job is a lot of driving. Driving gives you a chance to catch your breath which is nice. The best thing about it is the people. The guys you work with and the customers are great. The schedule is flexible so you can take days off. But, when you do work the days can be long
Pros
Only work 4 days a week, Good teammates, team parties, bonuses
Cons
unclear out time, work weekends
Best job I have ever had
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
This is the best job I have ever had. I bleed blue and green and love this company. I have worked for 1-800-GOT-JUNK? St Louis for over a decade and can't imagine being any other place. If you are looking for an adventure 1-800-GOT-JUNK? St Louis is the place for you.
Great Company Culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2018
This is the best I've felt about a company my entire career. The company has grown year after year and the culture has not changed. It is still run like a small business and the owners know everyone by name.
Pros
Company outings every quarter, great bonus structure.
Cons
Long days
Fun, energetic and driven people
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaMay 23, 2018
This company has a magical quality to it. It’s amazing to see a group of fun-loving, intelligent professionals working towards and attaining lofty professional and personal goals, together.
Pros
Great vacation and benefits
fast paced and fun work place with a foosball table and coffee machine.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 18, 2018
Working as a truck driver at this franchise was a very rewarding experience. I got hands on experience with customer service, management was always there in my corner helping me to succeed on a day to day basis. I felt the most rewarding part about the experience, aside from earning a good full time paycheck year round, was the sense of pride i felt each day earning and OWNING my paycheck. The hardest part of the job is the smell at the dump. The best part of the job is the freedom you have and the fact that no day is the same as the day before.
Pros
Tips, Freedom.
Cons
Sometimes you may get a smelly job but its a small price to pay.
It was intersesting
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
A typical day is very engaging and never dull. New days bring new routes and clients. All franchises are different and militant. Certain GM's run their franchise like dictatorships.
Pros
some events
Cons
no healthcare
Ability to work autonomously and advance within the company.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 14, 2018
I have been with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? for nearly 8 years and have developed many business and leadership skills that have allowed me to move up within the company and would make me more attractive to future employers if I ever decided to leave. A position with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? can be whatever you want to make it, a career, somewhere to gain competitive skills for future employment or a way to pay for your schooling as you pursue your dream. Over my nearly 8 years I have personally hired, trained and promoted three people from truck team members to managers, I have seen many people gain skills here that have helped them land roles in other companies and I have seen people work there way through college and written them a letter of recommendation for their first position in their field of study.
Pros
Out in the Field running your own day, day goes by quick, great co-workers.
productive
Route Team Member, I (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJMay 11, 2018
an educational experience for me, 1800 got junk got me up and out of my desk from college. making okay tips i was happy, but i did not enjoy the work culture nor the long days with little compensation
Focused on the growth and development of the people
Director of People and Cutlure (Current Employee) –  LenexaMay 8, 2018
The company culture and atmosphere is one that while is obviously focused on the business succeeding, is even more focused on the growth and development of the people who work there. Daily teachings, trainings and conversations about how we all can develop into better leaders and better people are all in a typical day at Southwind
Pros
culture, hours, management, the people
Great Culture
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2018
Everyday is different which is nice. Management has taught me a lot and is patient . The workplace culture is great, everyone is friendly, ready to work and ready to help out.
Pros
Family feel to workplace
Cons
Benefits could be better
Great Culture
People Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Los AngelesMay 7, 2018
Motivated hard working employees are rewarded and provided opportunities to grow. I have the privilege to work with great people from a variety of backgrounds and continue to learn everyday.

Management truly cares about the employees. The culture for professional advancement is to promote from within giving team members to grow into management roles - which is proven with the current management team within our franchises the majority of them started at minimum wage in the trucks.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great teams, career advancement, every day is different
Cons
Can't think of anything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss