1-800-GOT-JUNK?

1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

United States434 reviews
Featured review
1-800-GOT-JUNK? selected this as a representative review
I have worked for 1-800-GOT-JUNK? for around 6 months now. From the start, the management and the truck team members have been upfront, helpful, attentive, clear, and timely. The management at the office doesn't act like the uptight suits who sit in the office all day and are afraid to get their hands dirty. The managers were all working in trucks when they started, so they know what the truck team is going through and they care. The managers are always helping, always encouraging, always active not only in the office but helping with the trucks and working hard with their teams.
The truck team members are all pretty cool guys. There is definitely a strong brotherhood feeling you get from the start. Everyone wants you to succeed and they want to help you succeed too. From my first day, up until even now, this is how they act. I have never felt dumb or bothersome for asking a question. By making you better at your job, they make you a better teammate for them. It's a great win-win.

One of the best results of this job for me has been the benefits it has had for my health. Before I started with this company, I was a little less fit then I would have desired. But with the job, I have toned up and lost weight without even really noticing. Every day can be a full-body workout. But that's okay because you have a team that will help you along your way. I have trust in my team every day. But the best part is, not once have I dreaded going to work. I've have worked for other businesses in the past where I would just be miserable getting up in the morning. But with 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, I
 - more...
Pros
Great team, great management, your team cares, a real feeling of purpose, great schedule flexibility, good pay, fun experiences, and being part of a Real team.
Cons
Occasionally jobs can be gross.
Not a bad just. Just a lot of inconsistencies. You get paid the same on a day when all you pick up is couches as the days you clean out a gross basement for 4 hours.
pay and benefits need to be increased at least based on performance. I've gotten a few raises but am maxed out at around $15 an hour. No vacation time, no medical benefits. It's a great place to learn how to run a business, and gain some sales skills. No clear path towards making it a career.
Pros
lots of freedom
Cons
no benefits
Unsure of the company as a whole. Everything from benefits to paychecks are done through the computer system. This was a bit confusing. I was able to do my job without to much hassle from my supervisor but, as far as asking benefit questions, there was nobody. My experience wasn't horrible, they lost the contract before I got that chance
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
● Overall
I’m new to 1-800-GOT-JUNK? but I already love the job. Awesome and friendly management staff and the hardest working co-workers. Fulfilling job.
It’s great working hear. The people you are working with are great and want you to succeed. Recruiters welcome you with open arms. Job itself has many pros with little to no cons. You will see all kinds of things and have all kinds of experiences.
Pros
Supportive team, good hours
I enjoyed my time with Gotjunk def has its good bad days. Try it yourself. Managers are hit and Miss sometimes great/crxppy. get out what they put in.
Pros
The things ppl throw away I mean wow
Cons
Pay rate is a tad low for how physical the job can be.
Great place to work I loved the environment and the customer service being able to communicate and enjoy being in the world while helping also to better lives
No work life balance.
Charge employees for lost/ broken tools.

Charge employees for damage to customers homes, and damage to the trucks, including flat tires.

Horrible work environment.

Please avoid this company in Cincinnati, OH.

Pros
Cons
High insurance cost. Horrible environment, no job security.
Not a bad place to work temporarily or to supplement income. If you know how to hustle there’s money to be made in tips. How many days a week you work is your choice you can work as little as one as many as 6. Not many physically can handle more then 4. 12 hour days in the summer. Your going to work It’s not a joke. Management and franchise owner are good people.
Pros
Tips, management, exercise
Benefits
The job allowed me to enter customers homes, Assess the quantity of items to relay a estimate on spot. I could be working a 8 hour shift or some day a 12 hour shift.
This company is all smoke and mirrors, they promise you everything and give you nothing. I worked in the Lancaster franchise for over a year, it was fun somedays, but 90% of the time was very stressful and overwhelming. If you have a family, don't plan on seeing them often and plan on missing out on everything,
you will work understaffed and long hours, 50 to 65 hours a week busting your butt to bring home what someone could easily make doing a 40 hour week and seeing their family. Place is a revolving door of employees, since I started not one employee still works there, everyone is new. As an senior employee you will work with a new hire just about every day. When team lifting a heavy item this becomes extremely dangerous, I've had many injuries on the job because someone couldn't handle it and would drop items on you. Not fun carrying a refrigerator up basement stairs when your partner decides to let go. They provide you with nothing but 2 uniform shirts, a hat and some gloves, no masks, no handwashing stations, covid regulations are thrown right out the window. THIS COMPANY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU, OR YOUR SAFETY!!! I was exposed to asbestos, broken sewer pipes, black mold, you name it. They say you can refuse a job if you don't feel safe, but it will count against your bonus as a cancellation. Speaking about bonuses, if you meet all the requirements to get a monthly bonus, don't think you are going to get it, they make you wait a month until u get it in hopes of taken it away from you, they watch the cameras in the trucks all day long waiting for you to slip up.
 - more...
Cons
The boss you will work for will only hire desperate people. I Was forced to work with junkies, and a person who recently had a brain surgery a month before I started. They brainwash you with a lot of stuff in the beginning, and let you go when they don’t need you anymore. The boss will give you a start time and get upset if your not there 30 minutes before, instead of telling you to be at work when he really wants you to be. Not a good place if you want to be valued at your job. Be prepared to lie to customers everyday if you become a part of this company. They lie so much they don’t even realize they’re doing it. If you’re desperate and in need of a job, this is the place for you ! Be prepared to kiss up if you want to grow with them !
Pros
Find stuff on the job
Cons
Moody boss, fake culture, liars
best place to work - not only do you get a good workout, but you get to meet lots of nice people. its nice to be your own boss every day. it is definitely not a boring job. tips are pretty awesome as well.
Pros
great tips
Job can be stressful but rewarding most of the time. Tends to be understaffed and good new employees are hard to come by. Tips can be amazing or awful depending on the day. You’ll get experience you can take with you for the rest of your life, but don’t wimp out if you start. People rely on you to get stuff done. Management can be a real pain or a significant help depending on the manager that day.
Pros
Flexibility and fair compensation
Cons
Very likely to sustain injury
The job can get hectic once you have later jobs with big estimates but I was fortunate to have great operating mangers they made it easier when having other routes help to make the day go by smoothly.

Job is great for a saving money flow. I do feel we should be getting paid more than what I was getting paid due to the type of debris and junk we have to deal with throughout the day. Other than that it was a great company to work for great guys !!!
Pros
Able to donate items and keep some for yourself, Boss is willing to work around your day of work and time, get paid tips and bonus
Cons
No healthcare be benefits
Very bipolar management and give all the easy good tip jobs to their favorites and send everyone else out to pick up bags up trash and dead animals.. will not let you cancel job and just keep telling you it’s ok it’s ok just do it then you’ll be off but they lie and send you to horrible disgusting jobs in blazing sun for 10 hour days in a truck with barely AC.
Pros
Free cool stuff from jobs
Cons
No lunch, management down your throat, horrible pay
They dont care about the employees will make u work with covid positive customers money hungry company. Could have been exposed multiple times. Wouldnt suggest to anyone
Pros
Tips from customers
Cons
Working for a company who doesnt care about your health or well being
Official response from 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
September 21, 2020
1-800-GOT-JUNK? shifted to "No Contact Junk Removal" in March 2020. Our top priority is the health & safety of our teams and customers. Here's more information about the safety focus areas in place: https://www.1800gotjunk.com/sites/default/files/no-contact-infographic-v2.2-web.jpg
Could not recommend working at 1800 Got Junk enough. If you like experiencing something new everyday and a supportive team, you're in the right place. Got Junk provides great sales training and is built on a strong foundation of customer service and brand integrity. The hours are long, but they go by quickly in a fast paced work environment with great pay and overtime. Really supportive management and a welcoming work environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay
This has been one of the best starting job experiences ive ever had, if your not afarid of getting a little dirty and having a whole lot of fun this is definitely the job for you! There are so many perks to working with 1800gotjunk? And i highly reccomend it to you!
Where to start..favoritism, terrible benefits, HARD work LOW pay, feeling unappreciated, long days. They expect you to go through crawlspaces without proper protection, lifting pianos out of basements without the tools for it, the list goes on and on. Cant even sit down to have a lunch or management will be on your case. All you are is just a number to them they dont care about anything else. I worked here for 2 years trust me when i say do not work at this job unless you are about to live on the streets.
Pros
Get to keep cool things you find
Cons
Everything else