1-800 CONTACTS Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 26, 2018
Loved working here and they helped me develop my skills. Lots of great benefits, but they lack competitiveness with compensation. Great people kept me there.
Pros
Subsidized Lunches, On-site gym
Cons
Terrible pay
Great people, good work environment.
Director Software Engineering (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 6, 2018
Very active people department working to make 1-800 a fun place to work. Activities include summer events, golf, beach volleyball, movies, farmers market, etc. Many extra benefits such as subsidized lunch, on-site gym with personal trainers, health, dental, vision, life, generous PTO, etc.
Great place
Compliance Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 22, 2018
I loved this job a lot . The only struggle is the pay for the cost of living in the area. As well as child care I wish they had that as well . They have everything ! Gym, cafeteria, play area, Vision Center but no child care kind of a bummer .
Pros
Discounts, free gym !
Cons
Child care not included
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 23, 2018
1-800 CONTACTS is a wonderful place to work. They treat their workers so well there, and make sure you have a good experience. Their goal is to have excellent customer service, and they give you the freedom to do what you need to do to make that happen.
One of the Greats!
People Operations Partner (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 2, 2016
1-800 CONTACTS goes out of its way to take care of its associates. The belief is that the associates will then go above and beyond for the customers. I LOVE the onsite restaurant with subsidized meals, and the onsite fitness center with trainers and aerobics classes is amazing! They hire high quality employees so I love the people I get to work with every day.
Pros
Onsite fitness center, restaurant, fun parties and events, fitness-minded, internal promotions. The people are the best, you'll definitely have a best friend at work.
Cons
They are in a bit of a transition period, which just mean there are some growing pains. Everyone is learning to do things a little differently, and change can be difficult. Additionally, sometimes people are rewarded based on tenure or relationships more than talent or ability, but those politics can be found anywhere.
Fantastic company!
Finance manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 11, 2017
I came to 1-800 CONTACTS to get me through college and ended up staying longer because of the amazing people, career development it provides, and fun family-friendly environment.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria, fitness center, fun events, great management, firm 9-5 work hours, cares about employees and customers
Cons
Promotion of internal over external could be given more consideration
Customer & Compliance
Customer & Compliance Sales (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2016
Great company overall, and maintaining company culture is top priority. It's not 'just another job' and you won't last long if you get your foot in the door with that mindset. Some cohorts may lead you to believe that the incentive structure is too demanding and restrictive on personal earning potential. That's not the case, however, because decent hourly incentives can be accrued right from the start. You'll be quite impressed with all the little things the company goes out of their way for in order to create a happy, positive work environment. Pay 'could' be better, but the company does a good job of showing that pay isn't everything.
Pros
Great people and lots of little perks on a regular basis., Very easy to feel accomplished on a daily basis even though it can get repetitive., It is the kind of company that, for the right person, loyalty will naturally develop and you'll want to stay with them for years to come.
Cons
Lacking trust in the employee base, specifically, internet usage when many functions of daily work rely on having it., Albeit monitoring software and other controls are available, they restrict most everyone and I feel like a child as a result., There are opportunities for lateral movement, but advancement is where it gets tricky., Promotion is more likely to occur for knowing people rather than being the right person for the job.
1-800 Contacts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 10, 2018
1-800 CONTACTS is definitely more of a professional job. It's an honor to be chosen to work for them. It's hard work and you have to pass the six weeks of training or you are let go.
Pros
Breaks, amenities
Good Benefits and perks
Customer Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 13, 2017
Good Benefits and perks, not a hard job to do. Can advance but they are hard on you They do have a gym food and eye doctor on site. But points are hard to keep and you never really bonus. BUt the company is good to you.
Benefits
Cons
Attendance Policy
Great Place to work with lots of Job Satisfaction
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 6, 2012
As far as telecommunications go, 1800 Contacts has it figured out, and does it better than anyone else. Their customer service is amazing; it's so nice to work for someone who is honest, and cares about the customer. Great atmosphere, and fun perks as well. Structure and management advance really opens up opportunities.
Pros
cafe, free soda, great mangaement, great gym w/ personal trainers, contests, customer service
Cons
pay, only one location
Work Life balance was invaluable
Phone Sales (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 1, 2014
I took this job because my family needed me to have a flexible job that allowed me to work from home.
Pros
work from home, flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, no advancement
Amazing company and even better to work for
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 23, 2016
I just started training but I can already tell I will be with this company a long time!! They genuinely care about there employees and there are so many free treats and perks all the time!! All the managers and trainers are so unbelievably nice and truly care about your success in the company!! You cant help but always have a smile on your face once you walk in the doors!
Pros
Absolutly Everything, Free soda, juice, coffee. EVERYONE is so friendly. Amazing food that is only $2.85 per meal.
Provides great customer service
Management (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 2, 2013
1-800 CONTACTS is generally a good place to work. Good benefits and they know how to treat their customers right.
Get ready to be spoiled!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AND RX SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 29, 2012
This company takes care of their employees in a way I've never seen before. I have worked for a few different companies since 1-800-contacts and nothing has come to close to my experience here. I really miss it. This is an incredible company to work for
Pros
amazing chef, low cost gormet food, gym, massage chairs in private resting pods, free breakfast, free drinks, amazing staff!
Cons
nothing.
Great company with fun people and environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 9, 2015
I loved the fact that I got to work from home and on my own schedule basically. The people were fun and I made a bunch of new friends. I hated doing sales, but enjoyed providing a great service to people.
Pros
Great food and I got to work from home!
Lots of company benefits
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work consists of calling Doctors to confirm prescription information, data entry, and emailing customers. I learned a lot about multi-tasking, organization, and dealing with lots of changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800 CONTACTS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight