1-800Courier

1-800Courier Employee Reviews

Ugh. It's was there when I Needed it
One mantra. DELIVER THOSE PACKAGES. Training fair, but they hired too many drivers before Prime Week. After one month, got tired of showing up at 7am, waiting an hour to "clock in" and get no route to drive by 8am. Thanks for nothing.
Dispatch and manager only care about not damaging filithy trucks and returning with zero packages
This job sucks
This job sucks they work you over 12 hrs a day 6 days a week with no overtime pay you have no personal time for yourself or your children by the time you get home from work all you have time to do is eat dinner take a shower and go to bed then wake up early and do it all over again.
Good Filler Position in Between Careers
Routes are Intense but great challenge provides ability to work alone without micro management and challenges ones ability to organization.
Great for picking up a couple shifts until the company you want to hear from contacts you back with offer.
It’s a good job. I wish they would have good beneficial package.
I do like it. It’s a good job, with a good team that manages us. If it’s there a good beneficial package I would consider to stay there longer. No 401k :(
Challenging work enviroment
I was glad to have the opportunity to work with 1800 courier and the google. Unfortunately at the time management was in disarray and most of the time there was much confusion as to our roles as drivers.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Horrible
I work for amazon as a delivery driver for a good 4 months . No lunch, too many packages, Management didn’t care about you . They get mad when you bring packages back. Stressful and horrible place to work at . I would never recommend this job to no one !!!
Cons
Do not work there. Too much stress not even worth it
Worst job ever. Worked more than 12 hrs and NEVER GOT OVERTIME. Screw THEM. They dont care about you at all. It's all about them! They play the part real well. They pushed me so hard one day and then I fell cuz they kept calling even on my break. Ended up getting workmans comp. But not even a month after I came back they fired me for speeding. EVERYONE' SPEEDS THERE. I SUGGEST YOU TO NEVER WORK THERE ANDIF YOU DO. DONT SAY I DIDNT TELL YA SO!!!
Fun place to work!
This was a fun place to work even though the pay rate was low for the amount of work involved. Upper management was great but regional management was not helpful. They staff that was employed with them for the most part were outstanding. I would recommend this to someone looking for a fun place to work.
Long hours, stressful
I only worked here for about a week maybe a week and 1/2? I got great paycheck though, but other than that.. it was ridiculous from the start, long hours and very stressful ones. For starters They had no mechanics to work on the vans we drove, it was always sketchy when driving.. I didn’t feel safe.
My first two ride alongs before going on my own, the first vans transmission almost blew out. The second vans control arms and tie rods break off the axels. Also a lot of favoritism, basically a free for all on getting a good van or a gps/scanner for the day..no organization what so ever
Easy Job for decent money, long hours and sometimes unrealistic expectations.
Overall I liked working here for the time I did. Perfect job for someone who just wants to listen to an audiobook or podcasts all day. You start working right away, some guys are really nice and others keep to themselves. Very little interaction with customers.

You need to be fast, where I was working it's expected that you deliver upto 300 packages and they don't want you bringing any back...I was on the slower side, but some guys finished at noon which was incredible.

The best part, can be the worst part too if you're slow, they pay a flat rate for the day. So if you think that you can finish the day's work in less then it could be a good gig...

The thing to know about the job, is that you are expected to work the full time and if you finish early then they are more than likely to send you to rescue someone. There's a pressure not to be rescued, but sometimes it's necessary. No one likes rescuing and no one likes being rescued, but it's part of the job..3/5 overall
Pros
Simple work, active/outside, flat rate pay
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic expectations, Rescues
Not my cup of tea
I never had a job like this. I've never had a job where I felt like my safety was not a priority until this one. I worked there for one week and KNEW I needed to GET OUT. Friendly folk do work for the company, but it's a mess.
Pros
none really.
Cons
dangerous job when driving a car with no side mirrors, long hours, nowhere to use the restroom!
Once you start getting your annually they will fired you anything
You can’t trust them. They don’t like giving raised. They make you take 2 or 3 hours lunch when there’s no route at the time. They damage your record on purpose if you go against them.
Cons
It’s great a driver pay rate
It’s fast pace, consently moving, hardly take breaks, need to load up on time to finish on time. But if you promote to dispatcher you’ll make less then the people you supervise over.
A good in between job
The company and the different contracts I have been involved with have provided great experiences. Working with google to create proper analytics geared towards delivery services and helping test an application in development gave me inspiration and drive to find the career that is right for me.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities
Cons
After a point you hit a ceiling preventing further growth.
Owners were great. Managers in-between were taking advantage of the owners getting them to spend money on projects they were to small for. Thinking the were size of Amazon, yet they were just a mom and pop business.
Terrible place to work at,management is one of the worse i've encounter so far.
1.No competitive pay/Underpayed job for sure.
2.Constant harassment/threats from management.

3.Equipment not working properly at times making the job harder.

4.Benefits are not good enough.

5.Management treat you like a slave,you cant go home early after you finish your route/job they force you to help out drivers running late.If you don't they harass you with threats about firing you.

6. $5 extra to help out drivers running late is a joke.

7.Holiday pay and time off is terrible,have to work for the majority of holidays.Thus only giving you $20 for that particular holiday.

8.They expect you to punch in/out your 1Hr lunch on the scanning device and expect you to work through your lunch.If you don't they harass you.
Pros
Outdoors, other employees
Cons
Pay, management, equipment, vacation time, sick days, benefits.
It was an okay job
The job would have been fine if they would have stopped shifting our work schedules so often; one week 40 hours the next 30. The most enjoyable part of my work day was loading our vans with those fast pace conversations and loading up and get out of there in 15minutes. It was definitely a pleasure working with a responsible team.
Pros
Free food once in awhile
Stars
Over all the only thing good about the job is you work alone and meet people but the management staff is poorly ran you have a problem with the route they won’t fix it let certain drivers do what ever they want and the vans are not reliable breaking down and bald tires
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Poor management
Balanced
This company wasnt that bad to work at. Kinda nice driving a company vehicle everyday but what the job entitles is where is starts to get sloppy. You are NOT guaranteed to get off when your scheduled to. If you have a problem it becomes your fault!
Cool place for big money
easy money, your delivering packages you just need to be done in less than 10 hrs. per day and you wont have any problems. once you learn the ends and outs apply for dispatcher.
Pros
you get a company truck
Cons
vehicles need to be serviced more often
Decent Summer Job
Quality Inspection Supervisor, 1-800Courier Delivery Service, New York, NY May 2014 – May 2015
• In charge of recruiting and hiring process for fleet workers

• Recruited applicants through personal commercial online networking

• Conducted all administrative duties throughout the hiring process

• Responsible for creating and distributing employee identification cards

• Inspected fleet member uniforms and vehicle operators to maintain high standards and compliance with company policies