110 Grill Restaurant Employee Reviews

another average chain
" Culinary Manager" (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 17, 2019
This company loves to promote based on favoritism. You can achieve some of the best results possible and bonus more than anyone ever in the company, yet if your not in the inner circle your on the outside looking in. The only large company where performance reviews for management are nonexistent unless you bring it up. The main concern with this company is they only want to open more. Running out of supplies and having broken equipment is the norm, it is all about that frugal spending so they can continue to expand. As a manager our basically a glorified food runner, where managers run all items with allergies which is literally every other ticket. Every guest who has a gluten allergy has their dishes cooked in the same oven that cooks food that has gluten. However if there is an allergy mis-ran item the manager will be suspended. In actuality they should suspend themselves for using the same oven. Your direct Area Director will tell you that you should be dressed based on your sexual orientation, if your a female who is more comfortable in professional dress normally associated with the attire of a man you will be told you should dress " more like a woman". During your training , you are to send out weekly training notes and every word and adjective will be critiqued and you will have to change your notes to pair up with what they want to hear. If you are a politician and can play along with their politics you can jump on the gravy train.You must attend their unprofessional drunken festivities and act like your in a frat party, yap it up with all the big wigs to get to know  more... them. Meanwhile when your actually at work on a shift, working hard getting results in your element they are not there to build relations. Meeting them outside work having drinks after driving hours to a specific location where they hold large meetings is vital to your success and advancement in the company. The food is average, watermelon salad will go on the menu after the summer because watermelon is cheaper, when it should go on during peak growing season when it tastes the best. If you can go to work and when you leave your notes and see all the big shots ad pretend you work at Disneyland then his is the place for you!  less
Pros
not open too late
Cons
sub par benefits, everything mentioned above
Everyone gets along very friendly
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2019
It’s a good place to work at everyone is friendly everyone gets along. but in a normal day you gotta be quick to keep up and if you don’t you’ll fall behind and will be stressed
fun upbeat caring 110 family
Hostess (Current Employee) –  53 commerce way plymouth MAJuly 30, 2019
A great company to work for management is easy to work with,always ready to teach or help their employees but the same goes for everyone in the building most company's refer to themselves as a family but you truly do feel it in this atmosphere
Disrespectful
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 29, 2019
Work environment is horrible and unethical nothing is never stocked and the managers have no morals when it comes to customer service. I seen a cook pick up a chicken wing off the floor and the manager gave him the nod to pick it up and serve the wings
Poorly managed
Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 23, 2019
Extremely fast growing company that has lost track of why those of us go into this business- to take care of the guests and provide the highest level of customer service. I have never seen as much turn over in staff as I have seen working at 110. I recently left the company when an employee verbally abused, with profanity and loud enough for guests to hear, a server. And even after being addressed to upper management, nothing was done about it...
Pros
Good food
Cons
zero support staff/bussers
Corporate is the worst
Server. (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 22, 2019
Not only is this place utterly unprepared for every shift, whether it’s missing stock, 86’d items across the board, or side work left unfinished, but management doesn’t care about anything at all. I recently dropped an entire dish rack on my head and had to finish out my 13 hour shift with not one comment from management other than a comment from the director of operations that they were going to start docking pay for broken glass. Corporate is filled with a bunch of greedy, rude, disrespectful idiots who don’t have a clue how a restaurant works. The management turnover is insane. I’ve seen six managers in two months. Do not get a job here. I’m working on leaving myself.
Pros
Pre shift.
Cons
Uhm, everything.
I would advise looking elsewhere.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 2, 2019
The executive team preaches quality of life. When I was interviewed, they were so enthusiastic to tell me how I would never have to work more than 55 hours a week because they want their managers to have a life. 5 months later I had never worked less than 65 hours a week, usually closer to 70. Once you take the pay and divide it by the hours they have you work, you make the same as the hostesses, with the added benefit of having an area director, and corporate team sending constant pointless e-mails at all hours of the day and night. If you go for a cooking job, be aware they are always trying to save money. In every location I worked, it was the goal to get as many hourly employees out the door as fast as possible to save the company money, who cares that this is how employees pay their bills. Salaried managers are all trained to cook on every station so they can cut the kitchen staff, saving the company money, and overworking the managers for no extra compensation. As long as the owners get their money, they don't really care if their employees can pay their bills. Servers are constantly overstaffed "just in case" but if they approach overtime you get an email from your area director, then the upper management asking why there is overtime, and what is the plan to save those pennies. The favoritism that goes on all the way through this company is laughable at best. Triple standards run this company. The owners act like complete morons, especially at the "mandatory" holiday party, nothing happens. You break a rule of any sort as a regular employee or a manager, and its 7 days  more... suspension unpaid, or automatic dismissal. Also, be very careful of the allergy commitment. Cross contamination runs rampant in the kitchens. pulling fries, onions, cheese, nuts out of many of the dressings and sauces on a daily basis while doing line checks, only to be told not to worry about it. This is supposed to be a top 10 allergy awareness company. again a week unpaid suspension of a server or manager that fails to ring an allergy, but I have watched the "Chef" make an allergy meal for an employee, failed to make sure it was acceptable for the allergy, when approached, the response was a shrug and a "its just an employee". I could keep going on and on about the failures of this company. Do yourself a favor, look elsewhere, the money isn't good enough to justify the amount of stress and lack of respect you will get here!  less
Pros
Good for a laugh
Cons
Extremely poor corporate team, Lack of consistency, Poorly equipped restaurants, ridiculous amounts of side work
Decent job
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 6, 2019
Lack of advancement. Working in a place where it seems every week a new store is opening and then the company as a whole doesn’t care about that unit on an individual level.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Place is a corporate mess
Unprofessional, cutthroat, favoritism and cronyism
Server (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 26, 2018
I have never worked in such an unprofessional environment. Lack of skilled management, people are promoted too quickly without enough supervision. Favorites are taken care of while the work of other staff goes unnoticed. Staff who have stolen were given preference over newer ones just because of seniority. I have witnessed servers bullying and arguing ON THE FLOOR in front of guests with no repercussions what so ever. Always out of products, linens, food, etc.
They are trying and drowning.
fun job never get bored
Cook/ (Current Employee) –  Wayland, MANovember 15, 2018
its a great restaurant to work and its a good people working there i had a wonderfull experience working there and im not leaving that job i just want extra money
Competitive and collaborative Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, Wayland & MarlboroNovember 15, 2018
I have enjoyed working at 110 grill for 2 1/2 years. If you learn the important parts of the job, you can make alot of money. Management is fair if you do what is expected from you. Work hard and you will be rewarded. Have a good attitude with fellow employees and management and working here makes the days fly by.
Pros
Enjoying the preshift entree of the day
Cons
No breaks during busy hours
Not a good place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  New HampshireNovember 9, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company! You will not make money unless your one of the favorites. They are overstaffed for a resstaurant that is not th as t busy.
Pros
Cant think of any. Working here was a waste of time.
Cons
Mgmt..favoritism..overstaffed
exciting, fast paced workplace
Line Cook/Pantry (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 26, 2018
110 grill is a fast paced environment where team work is mandatory in order for the job to be completed successfully. The hardest part of the job is the pace, though once team work is applied it becomes much easier. at 110 everyone gets along to the point it feels like family. you are constantly learning new ideas and knowledge of foods you had none of before.
Great Company!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 21, 2018
110 Grill has been a great company to work for. The management and fellow servers I worked with were amazing. The pay is very competitive and you meet all kinds of friendly people.
Pros
Friendly staff, opportunities to advance within the company.
Great company to work for
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAAugust 20, 2018
110 Grill is a growing company that has a lot of opportunity and room for growth for all employees. There is a large focus on teamwork and collaboration between members of different departments, and everyone is very passionate about their position.
Poor management, poor work attitudes
Bartender (Former Employee) –  New HampshireJuly 11, 2018
I agree with the other reviews. This place has poor management. Problems are not solved, they are ignored. And there are things that go on that make you uncomfortable among the corporate/management positions and staff. There is a great rhetoric about culture but it's not well enforced. Management talks bad about staff, staff talk bad about other staff, and the meaner you are the better chance you have of advancing. If you're a bartender, do not work here. It's very hard to gain customers because of the price point, and you will do double the work for little to no tipout from the staff.
Awful place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 26, 2018
The managers are awful. They have a high turn over rate. There are a lot of bad things that happen behind the office door in the restaurant. The managers make this place awful.
Pros
Air
Cons
You pay for it
Bad work place
Dinning room coordinator (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 23, 2018
At first i love the job, until everyone started getting comfortable. I applied and got the job before the store even had our grand opening which was awesome I wanted to build and grow with the store. At first i loved coming into work and worked full time. A month goes by...and thats when things started to turn for the worst. Employees would be fighting with each other, talking bad about one another every corner you turned. Mangers would go up their employees, and talk bad about another employee. If you felt uncomfortable and went up and told the manger about the situation he would go tell everyone what you said and before you knew it your shift was over and you wanted to run out the door because of how uncomfortable you felt.This was not the job for me!! which is very upsetting because i wanted to move up in the company and the manger and employee ruined it for me. I got hired for FULL TIME!! Mind you i got those hours (the first month)Then they cut everyone hours i have bills to pay just like everyone else. I got down to ONE DAY A WEEK!!! before i quit now that's gas money ! Overall the place is a drama filled environment and your fighting for hours on the daily, so if that what you want in a would place then this place is for you...good luck
Pros
discount on food. & good food
Cons
lucky if you even got a break..drama, expensive
Hign volume
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAJune 23, 2017
Typical work day is anywhere from 10-12 hours a day.

Workplace culture can be high stress but rewarding

hardest part of the job is balancing all responsibilities
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks, dont macth on 401k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 110 Grill Restaurant. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7