12 Oaks Senior Living Employee Reviews

A Really Great Place to Work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 1, 2018
I have really enjoyed my time here.
I get to meet amazing new residents and their families every day. The work culture among employees is great. Management is caring and always works with my scheduling needs. I get to eat delicious meals.
I have gained meaningful skills during my time here.
The only downside is losing residents you have grown close with. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Meet amazing new residents almost every day, Fun Environment, Flexible Hours, Caring Management
Cons
Losing residents.
Corporate Needs To Clean House
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 7, 2018
I don't talk bad about any former employer. That's not who I am, but this place was ok, not perfect but ok last year, when former administrator was still there. Let's put it this way, they should have left it the way it was. Good people are leaving now. I won't include details publicly, but I will include an honest review.
Pros
Residents
Cons
(Admin), Management
Corporate ruins everything they touch
Resident Care Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2018
No training. Zero. It is impossible to meet corporate standards when they have none. Corporate would rather cut corners on training and resident care in favor of spending on new decor for facilities. Glorified marketers with no clinical skills attempt to make clinical judgment calls, to the detriment of resident care. There is zero respect for trained, licensed clinicians and there is nobody trained in clinical standards at a corporate level. As a licensed professional, you will be putting your license at risk by working for this organization.
Pros
Pretty furnishings in the building, nice throw pillows and cushions on patio furniture
Cons
No training, no support from corporate, interference from corporate sales staff on clinical issues, HIGH turnover, outdated and sexist corporate practices
Run your wasting your time....
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2018
They are a senior living management company that claims to know what they are doing. However they do not even have a nurse or a true clinician at the corporate level. This company is great if you want to waste your time in a position where you are promised great pay, training and culture. You will NEVER be trained because there is none. 12 oaks needs to manage real estate and let the house decorator stage there homes. They have people's lives in their hands and only care about $$$$. My suggestion is have a good lawyer on deck when they fire you, for not knowing what they are doing and use you as a scapegoat. Also have a good therapist ready for the anguish and suffering you will endure working for them. They frown upon you taking time off to spend with your family or doctor appts. The Corporate staff engage in third party info and slandering of other people's names through local gossip.Not very professional at all.
Pros
Great Residents and Families
I love my people
Activities Director (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 15, 2018
My boss is a rock star. She is a good listener and tries very hard to meet every need of her employees as well as the residents and families. Our building has gone through many changes and we have adapted and came out shining like a brand new penny. We are a tight team and I would always recommend The Springs to any new employees that are serious about taking care of the elderly with Alzheimer's and Dementia. Come join our team. The Springs Memory Care Team!!
Pros
Pto, Free meals, frienly atmosphere
One big family!
Med Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Mansfeild, txAugust 13, 2018
I absolutely love my job! The management works with my life outside of work when it comes to flexibility. The co workers are team players and work well with each other. The most important thing I have seen here, is the true heart to care for our residents! They work with you so you can move up in the building. I have worked in this field for 6 years and have never seen a whole building become a family. We take pride in our work. It's fasted pasted but with tons of training opportunity! I have learned so much in the past 2 years.
Pros
Free lunches, health benefits, family environment, understanding management, teamwork, training opportunities, and promotions within the company
Hated this place!
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXJune 24, 2018
I worked for Three Forks of Forney Assisted Living and Memory Care for 3 years. When 12 Oaks Management took over, EVERYTHING WHEN DOWNHILL! No career advancement, horrible pay, worse management! The only thing I miss about working there is the residents I grown to love.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Management, Pay
Management doesn't care about employees
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 19, 2017
I only worked for this company for a few months and I wish I could forget it. Applied for the posted job that was full time M-F, started working and it was changed to part time, including Saturday. I never received benefits. The management at my particular property was filled with drama in every position. The turnover at this property was crazy, people where starting and quitting every week. Once I gave my notice because I was not going to be given full time hours and benefits (that I was promised in the interview) I was treated poorly by management and ended up leaving sooner than planned. The residents there are great, but they could even see the problems with the people working there. I should ave left as soon as the job was changed to part time, but was told it would change to full time soon, that wasn't ever going to happen. Awful culture and wouldn't recommend working or living at this place.
Pros
Free Lunches, working with Residents was great
Cons
hours, workplace culture, lack of team structure (every man for themselves)
A good place to work with lots of training and activities for both clients and workers.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 26, 2017
Has a warm and welcoming environment. The staff and management work together as a team. Promotes professional growth for their employees . Good place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
productive and fun working place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 21, 2017
each day by day you can learn lot from there . very powerfull and fun working place. really nice management to work.and very productive work place. thank you

Want to know more about 12 Oaks Senior Living?

Ask a question
Poor communication
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKJanuary 3, 2017
Much room for improvement in nursing director.
Great resident care.
Nice families
Beautiful facilities
Phenomenal housekeeping
Lovely receptionist
Pros
Meals
Cons
Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 12 Oaks Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8