12 Oaks Senior Living

12 Oaks Senior Living Employee Reviews

United States20 reviews
Honestly you can't have any real compassion and work at any nursing home very long because you quickly realize you have no power to care for these residents like they deserve. Its all about money and doing the least amount of work you can get away with. I have seen residents ignored and dismissed, and barely english speaking caregivers dispensing medications, which in my opinion is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I say get your experience to put on your resume, get your RN or LPN and move on to the hospitals. The pay is just not worth it at a nursing home.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Low pay, stressful, dementia residents can be violent.
Only support you have maybe from the executive director. Each dept takes care of their own, but one in particular has favorites. No confidentiality and no support given. No praise but you will get a pat on the back of someone comes and in the building that’s not supposed to be there. Supportive of staff is a question that remains in answered
Residents are what keep you motivated
The management staff only care about the business side of the facility and their own image, they don’t care about their residents or employees. They will cut your hours, move your schedule around or write you up for anything, for example, not telling a manager hello, to force you out. The director is more worried about what employees are saying about her and doing than actually managing the property, she hides cameras all around the facility that are connected straight to her phone. Would not recommend anyone working here or and residents moving in.
You will hate yourself for not listening . and probably need counseling afterwards. Corporate is rude and mean and the director is even worse. Get a job in a nursing home you'll get paid more for doing the same kind of work
I have worked here for going on 12 years. I have employees with me that have worked for 12 Oaks for 20+ years. It really does feel like a family. I hope to continue to grow in my role and make 12 Oaks a place everyone wants to work!
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I never thought I would work for a corporate job. I have been embraced by the management team and feel like family. I enjoy my job even the challenging days. During our many transitions, all of the directors took time out of their days to coach and encourage me. I am beyond greatful for a place in this company.
Pros
Great staff, cool employees, benefits
Worst upper management I have ever seen. I can't believe how unprofessional and uncompassionate they are. My director acted like she was royaty( apparently she ran for Miss Texas🙄 go figure) and she would basically talk to you like garbage and then expect you to smile. I loved my job, but they need to replace the director. I mean 5 people quit in a week. What does that tell you?
Pros
Good food, cool residents, great hours and pay
Cons
Management needs work
Clear favoritism, directors will talk about employees to other employees, lack of communication shared, you’re told to do things one way and when you do you’re told it’s wrong and not to do it that way.
Pros
Residents are really sweet
Cons
Blatant favoritism
12 oaks took over a building I worked at and I was unsure of how it would work out. I kept my job but was continually afraid of being let go because of budget changes.
Pros
Healthcare is excellent
I have really enjoyed my time here.
I get to meet amazing new residents and their families every day. The work culture among employees is great. Management is caring and always works with my scheduling needs. I get to eat delicious meals.

I have gained meaningful skills during my time here.

The only downside is losing residents you have grown close with. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Meet amazing new residents almost every day, Fun Environment, Flexible Hours, Caring Management
Cons
Losing residents.
I don't talk bad about any former employer. That's not who I am, but this place was ok, not perfect but ok last year, when former administrator was still there. Let's put it this way, they should have left it the way it was. Good people are leaving now. I won't include details publicly, but I will include an honest review.
Pros
Residents
Cons
(Admin), Management
They are a senior living management company that claims to know what they are doing. However they do not even have a nurse or a true clinician at the corporate level. This company is great if you want to waste your time in a position where you are promised great pay, training and culture. You will NEVER be trained because there is none. 12 oaks needs to manage real estate and let the house decorator stage there homes. They have people's lives in their hands and only care about $$$$. My suggestion is have a good lawyer on deck when they fire you, for not knowing what they are doing and use you as a scapegoat. Also have a good therapist ready for the anguish and suffering you will endure working for them. They frown upon you taking time off to spend with your family or doctor appts. The Corporate staff engage in third party info and slandering of other people's names through local gossip.Not very professional at all.
Pros
Great Residents and Families
My boss is a rock star. She is a good listener and tries very hard to meet every need of her employees as well as the residents and families. Our building has gone through many changes and we have adapted and came out shining like a brand new penny. We are a tight team and I would always recommend The Springs to any new employees that are serious about taking care of the elderly with Alzheimer's and Dementia. Come join our team. The Springs Memory Care Team!!
Pros
Pto, Free meals, frienly atmosphere
Cons
I absolutely love my job! The management works with my life outside of work when it comes to flexibility. The co workers are team players and work well with each other. The most important thing I have seen here, is the true heart to care for our residents! They work with you so you can move up in the building. I have worked in this field for 6 years and have never seen a whole building become a family. We take pride in our work. It's fasted pasted but with tons of training opportunity! I have learned so much in the past 2 years.
Pros
Free lunches, health benefits, family environment, understanding management, teamwork, training opportunities, and promotions within the company
Heart warming resident.
Family resident are nice.

Co workers most are friendly.

No material to use.

Nice hours for in need of second job.

location is safe.
I worked for Three Forks of Forney Assisted Living and Memory Care for 3 years. When 12 Oaks Management took over, EVERYTHING WHEN DOWNHILL! No career advancement, horrible pay, worse management! The only thing I miss about working there is the residents I grown to love.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Management, Pay
I only worked for this company for a few months and I wish I could forget it. Applied for the posted job that was full time M-F, started working and it was changed to part time, including Saturday. I never received benefits. The management at my particular property was filled with drama in every position. The turnover at this property was crazy, people where starting and quitting every week. Once I gave my notice because I was not going to be given full time hours and benefits (that I was promised in the interview) I was treated poorly by management and ended up leaving sooner than planned. The residents there are great, but they could even see the problems with the people working there. I should ave left as soon as the job was changed to part time, but was told it would change to full time soon, that wasn't ever going to happen. Awful culture and wouldn't recommend working or living at this place.
Pros
Free Lunches, working with Residents was great
Cons
hours, workplace culture, lack of team structure (every man for themselves)
Has a warm and welcoming environment. The staff and management work together as a team. Promotes professional growth for their employees . Good place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
each day by day you can learn lot from there . very powerfull and fun working place. really nice management to work.and very productive work place. thank you
Much room for improvement in nursing director.
Great resident care.

Nice families

Beautiful facilities

Phenomenal housekeeping

Lovely receptionist
Pros
Meals
Cons
Lack of communication
Ask a question about working or interviewing at 12 Oaks Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7