121 Financial Credit Union

121 Financial Credit Union Employee Reviews in Jacksonville, FL

This credit union is slowing sinking and management is a HUGE contributor. Management is terrible and only look out for themselves and not their employees. Toxic work environment as a whole. No matter how much you are praised for performing well on the job, management will find every and anything to write-up employees. This company has a huge turnover and nobody internally believes that it’s a problem. Also, HR is unsupportive and will not help you. Stay away if you want your sanity!
Pros
Members, Some good co-workers
Cons
Bad leadership, poor morale, hostile work environment, no job security, low pay, high turnover
This company is very unorganized, under staffed & management very unprofessional. I would not recommend this place of employment to any potential candidates. Member services takes calls for the entire credit union & the other departments doesn’t take their own calls. The pay sucks for the amount of work you do.
Pros
The board listened and made changes at the top with new leadership who is very well respected. It is a welcome change for sure!. The new leadership team is focused on employees first and it is starting to show. They are not perfect, but I can see the positive changes already taking effect. There is a lot of work to be done but its fun being a part of it. Watch us take off!
The turnover is a disaster, no wonder so many employees leave. Management is not chosen based off of people/social skills that are required to take on such a role. Management does not support you even if you’ve been performing well, they only look out for themselves and how they look at the end of the day. Staffing is always short and is too much of a workload on someone. Upper management is constantly reminding employees on ways to improve or do their job better. It’s easy for them to say when they sit in an office and not deal with members and the stress themselves. Member shops happen every single day and one bad score will be grounds for termination or disciplinary action. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. I could go on but moral of the story DO NOT APPLY.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
There are places where you are given everything and told exactly what to do and think in every step and then there are places where you have to make a lot decisions yourself. This credit union is much more the latter, which some people find empowering and others hate. The credit union is making a pretty big turnaround and you can see it and feel it in the people and culture. The branches are still too few and not greatly staffed, but they're making progress and putting in the work. There's a lot of optimism and the momentum is building.
Pros
Interesting people, lots of variety, good benefits
Cons
Some bad attitudes, commute
There is a high turn-over but the company is working on being better every day. Also, don't trust all the bad comments. As long as you do your job, take the extra mile and have initiative you can ACE it! Now a days some people want everything handed to them and don't want to put effort on their job. You have to do your research and educated yourself anywhere you go. Help the company and yourself grow and be better. That's just my opinion.
121 is a joke. Poor interviewers who.. director of lending, VP of lending dont understand their job. I experience first hand the lack of knowledge. ...
Pros
None at all. Work there for 2 years and received nothing but lies, no accountability and racism.
Cons
Racist
This company is a joke. If you want to move ahead in life, don't walk but run!! This is for high schoolers starting off at the bottom of the barrel. There is now workplace culture, and the hardest part of the job is being appreciated for what you do. Get ready to beg for time off, time away from your family, talked about and talked down to and goals that will cause you to just give members anything that do not even fit their needs. Because this is a local customer based company you must suck up and tolerate foolishness. In the interviews it sound so nice but look around and see how many branches and ask about the turnaround. Look at who have not left and ask why or why not.
Terrible management from the top (including the board) down. No incentives, no recognition but lots of write ups. Hostile environment. People fear for their jobs. HR is weak and not supportive. Lack of respect and communication from upper management. Someone has to like you to move up. Branch managers need lessons on how to manage employees. We are adults not children. It's like working under Hitler.They need to understand the difference in being a leader vs a dictator. Extremely high turnover ESPECIALLY PEOPLE OF COLOR!!!!! If there was ever a ratio of POC vs white employees being fired it would be extremely high. They expect more but pay less. It's TOOOOOO many chiefs and not enough Indians. It's just not worth it
Pros
No pros
Cons
too many to list
Working for this company would be bareable if staffing issues weren’t such a problem. Good employees get the grunt of the workload and the pay becomes not worth it at all. Expectations for tellers are too high and the pay doesn’t match up.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Low pay, busy atmosphere, understaffed
This company has no true direction. They replaced a VP of Retail with someone who is highly underqualified to manage this area of the company. The company has extremely high turnover and everyone there is actively looking for another job. They have over 25 openings currently due to high turnover. I would not waste my time even applying...in the end you will regret it. I have been with the company 5 years and have seen its downward spiral. The company places Fake Good reviews on various jobsites to try to make it look like its a better place to work. The employee survey spoke volumes about how bad the company treats employees.The Board of Directors are not hands on and have no idea what is going on at Branch Levels.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
VPS are not qualified to run departments--high turnover-Noone cares about the employees
Working at 121 Credit Union was a nightmare for me. I was thrown into a position without training. The communication was very poor. The pay was pretty nice, but after all the stress and hostile problems I faced, it wasn't worth it. Sometimes I'd be schedulded to get off at 3 or 4 pm, but wouldn't be able to leave until to 9:30 pm. My only regret here was wishing I quitted sooner.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Stressful members, understaffed, no personal life, bad leadership, poor training, poor communication, unhealthy work enviorment
This place is horrible, until the Board Of Directors gets involved and removes the egotistic, harassing and unfair c-suite I would not recommend working here. Retention for the entire organization is under 50% and they don’t feel they are the problem. On top of poor employee morale the credit union financials are not promising.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
This used to be a great place to work but sine the new Pres/CEO came into play, it is nothing but chaos. Layoffs, hiring freezes, poor morale, and a huge exit of long term employees has left the credit union with an inexperienced staff poorly serving its members. Financials are horrible with credit union posting quarter after quarter net losses. But they do have a gym in their new headquarters and are spending money as if there are no issues. And continual visits from various regulatory auditors makes one wonder how they are still in operation.
Pros
Cons
Executive Management, poor financial showing, poor morale
I adore working within this family oriented credit union. The people are very warm. Management takes an interest in developing employees and providing advancement opportunities. Its nice to work somewhere you can get recognized for all your efforts and know everyone from entry level to CEO.
Pros
Work environment and members
Cons
None!
There have been quite a few changes to the leadership team in the past few years. These changes have been hard on the organization but the ship is sailing in the right direction! The organization has a very bright future!
Pros
Great people to work with, competitive salary and benefits
Cons
None!
Comment – January 23, 2018
Couldn't agree more! As with every financial institution, there are major changes in the shift from a physical branch heavy organization to an organization that has a powerful online presence. This transition has been hard over the past several years but we are coming out of that period and moving forward full steam into 2018!
Implement strategies in order to sustain branch growth and membership acquisition. Monitors and motivates employee sales and production goals. Increased customer satisfaction
Pros
mean some great co-workers
Cons
want you to dore with less..Trouble keeping workers.. job security
Very good Company to work for and excellent benefits. A typical work day involved helping members with their transactions. Sale and referrals is very important and making sure we give our members the right products for their need. Working with awesome co-workers is always a plus. The most enjoyable part of my job is member interactions. Excellent member service is very important to me and I do my best to give that to them.
Pros
8:45 to 5:00 job