121 Financial Credit Union

121 Financial Credit Union Pay & Benefits reviews

This credit union is slowing sinking and management is a HUGE contributor. Management is terrible and only look out for themselves and not their employees. Toxic work environment as a whole. No matter how much you are praised for performing well on the job, management will find every and anything to write-up employees. This company has a huge turnover and nobody internally believes that it’s a problem. Also, HR is unsupportive and will not help you. Stay away if you want your sanity!
Pros
Members, Some good co-workers
Cons
Bad leadership, poor morale, hostile work environment, no job security, low pay, high turnover
High stress for low pay. No raises and we just keep being asked to do more with less staff. Management is dishonest and non caring. Run don’t walk away from this place.
Pros
I’m getting paid to work from home.
Cons
Way to many to list!
There are places where you are given everything and told exactly what to do and think in every step and then there are places where you have to make a lot decisions yourself. This credit union is much more the latter, which some people find empowering and others hate. The credit union is making a pretty big turnaround and you can see it and feel it in the people and culture. The branches are still too few and not greatly staffed, but they're making progress and putting in the work. There's a lot of optimism and the momentum is building.
Pros
Interesting people, lots of variety, good benefits
Cons
Some bad attitudes, commute
Working for this company would be bareable if staffing issues weren’t such a problem. Good employees get the grunt of the workload and the pay becomes not worth it at all. Expectations for tellers are too high and the pay doesn’t match up.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Low pay, busy atmosphere, understaffed
There have been quite a few changes to the leadership team in the past few years. These changes have been hard on the organization but the ship is sailing in the right direction! The organization has a very bright future!
Pros
Great people to work with, competitive salary and benefits
Cons
None!
Comment – January 23, 2018
Couldn't agree more! As with every financial institution, there are major changes in the shift from a physical branch heavy organization to an organization that has a powerful online presence. This transition has been hard over the past several years but we are coming out of that period and moving forward full steam into 2018!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Very good Company to work for and excellent benefits. A typical work day involved helping members with their transactions. Sale and referrals is very important and making sure we give our members the right products for their need. Working with awesome co-workers is always a plus. The most enjoyable part of my job is member interactions. Excellent member service is very important to me and I do my best to give that to them.
Pros
8:45 to 5:00 job