123 Home Care
70Above average

123 Home Care Employee Reviews

United States51 reviews
Very flexible and if you’d like some extra cash on the side it’s a great job
Very flexible in location, pay, tasks, and clients. This job is great if you need extra shifts apart from your primary job
Or you’d like this to be your full time job
Rewarding job with great advancement opportunities
123 Home Care is an up and coming company. I have been at the company for 2 years and have had two promotions, while almost doubling my salary. The owners are awesome and love what they do and love their employees. This company offers challenging, yet rewarding work as you help the elderly and developmentally disabled live happier and healthier lives. Professional growth and advancement are is readily available and I would encourage anybody who is wanting to work hard and grow their careers to check out 123 Home Care!
If pay was more
If pay was more I would be happy and stay with th company but because they charge people $37 dollars an hour and only pay us $13.25.... that's not fair at all.
no consistent hours
if your looking for something temporary but not permanen. YOu get jobs on a first come first serve basis. There is not always work available and they will offer you jobs but sometimes they get canceled
Founders don’t get that Happy employees = Happy customers
The founders are smart but have made many mistakes and lost a ton of great people over the year. The lack of communication is dreadful and they always have delayed in updating the corporate team members about changes and updates. It mostly feels like they care a lot more about increasing revenue and not much about employee satisfaction and encouragement.
I do not recommend taking a corporate position with this company.
Will say "sign this or quit"
Crazy- the company owners will constantly demean people and point fingers. No accountability and if you don't put in long hours- you're thought to be lazy.
Strong hold network in and outside California, with a very dynamic way of explaining their job descriptions. Weekly payment system. Great place for employees who need additional hours,
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short hourly jobs
nice work place
Would recommend applying if you have the want to care for seniors and disabled. This company will work with and train you if you are inexperienced and or need additional training.
Don't Waste Your Time Applying
The Company will tell you that they were voted this and achieved that, however that took place well over a year ago now. Since then the company has made some mistakes. They say their workforce is their most important asset, and their people are what makes the company as great as it is. However when times got tough and everything began to unravel, the people in charge quickly let their employees know where their priorities truly were: The money. The company lost almost every experienced employee they had over the summer, and the majority of management now lack any sort of real training or direction.

As far as the average work day there: Show up and immediately have to jump into a dumpster fire. The majority of the staff working cases are unreliable. This means the majority of your time is spent frantically working to fill empty shifts while also trying to communicate with very upset customers. Since care management has to handle both a massive amount of incoming customer calls, and staff open shifts (this involves finding available care givers, negotiating rates, etc), it can get very hectic very quickly. At the end of most days it feels like you just lost a boxing match. Care Managers often handle a work load that is too large to be handled properly and low priority clients often don't receive the level of service they deserve for the price. The workload also means a very large amount of things slip through the cracks leading to large problems down the road.

The company also offers a service coordinating uber rides for clients. When implemented there was no real plan
 - more...
Great job
I've had a wonderful experience working with this company they tough me a lot of new skills & got to meet so many people & help them in every day life needs.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at 123 Home Care?
Don't do it.
Upper management sure does know how to sell the idea of this company. Don't fall for the smoke & mirrors. Management will leave you in the dark and get rid of team members whilst secretly relocating the headquarters to a different state and act like nothing ever happened. They will reduce your pay. & find a legal way to get out of most commitments to you as an employee. The workload is terrible for Care Managers. The "culture" here is not genuine and upper management has no answers to your complaints or questions, simply run arounds as they "figure it out" or "work on it".
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everyday work if you’re available
Working for 123 home care was okay. I would ask for hours and they would give me more hours always . Really did enjoy my clients and helping them when they really needed someone They really appreciate the work I did for them
Not a trustworthy company
The turnover in the company (corporate office) is crazy! They will tell an employee anything to their face (including how there will be room for promotion in the very near future) when they know very well that is not true. The Upper management does not know what they are doing. They do not pay well and over all would NOT recommend anyone to apply or work for this company.
Flexible schedule
Pros:
The care managers are pretty flexible with the scheduling.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with clients.

Cons:

Not enough hours

No growth in company
Cultural NO NO
Management is scary. No real direction or communication. Fear of being fired looms large. HR is the worst at communicating expectations and direction. Dead silence when a question is asked. Feels like an old boys club at the top. Often inappropriate environment.
Great Company
Staff very professional and friendly really try to work with your schedule your available. And find work close to your home great getting paid every week.
Unstable hours
Unstable hours, the offer shifts through text and give the shifts to their favorites. It was hard to ever get shifts and they send you to far places like Granite Bay and i live in sacramento,
Great starter job
They will keep you busy sometimes they didn’t have coverage which I didn’t mind at the time I wanted all the overtime o could get but it can be frustrating sometimes especially for the client if you can’t stay the downside is the pay could be higher however they do offer rewards and incentives and chances to move up and advance no complaints everyone was friendly and listened to what you had to say they were also very flexible you choose when and how much or often you want to work
Scheduling is off
My experience with them is not a good one. They will send two people to a one on one shift and am always the unlucky to go home after a long drive no compensation. They will give I a shift and cancel at anytime
Great Work Environment
I started with this company June 30th,2019 and so far so good, I cannot complain AT ALL. I’m working 50+ hours a week, and it really all depends on you. If your a person like me that doesn’t mind to travel 20 miles from where you stay, then your good! They have clients in your area but the wider you expand your availability and where your willing to work, the more clients and shifts you receive. The pay is awesome. They really pay their employees for the hours that they work, and I have never had to complain about my pay check, so far so good. They give their employees what they deserve. The card managers are really kind, and they help whenever they can. Like I said it all depends on you, and what your willing to do, how many shifts your willing to take on, and how many hours you want to work!
Pros
Make your own schedule basically, Pay is great, not too many stressful clients, hours available, mileage reimbursement, give you a card plan for all clients you work with, don’t set you up for failure
Cons
Wish I can have a set schedule already, but it’s okay more over time for me
Good for extra hours
I have work with this company from the beginning and have seen how much they have grown as company. It has grown to the point, where it has become very competitive when it comes to finding a case to work, because of the over saturation of caregiver the company has hired.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at 123 Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.