123 Home Care Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Good for extra hours
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2019
I have work with this company from the beginning and have seen how much they have grown as company. It has grown to the point, where it has become very competitive when it comes to finding a case to work, because of the over saturation of caregiver the company has hired.
What a waste of time
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2019
They completely wasting my time no communication whatsoever gave me a job send me to do a Live Scan I wasted $140 on everything Live Scan alone cost $89 I tried to get in touch with them and they act like they want nothing to do with me only thing they say was blaming it on the doj it is now going on a month and a half
Don't be fooled by their $1,000 a week claims
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 14, 2019
I've been working for 123 Homecare and I can tell you that you will not make $1000 a week working here unless you work 70+ hours in one week! Pay is terrible for the state of California ($12-14) and hours are constantly getting cut. In order to get jobs is highly competitive since you have to text in and hope you get staffed for the job
Waste of time
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAApril 16, 2019
Jobs are few and far and when they do come out you are competing against hundreds of people to get it but it all comes down to who texts back first. 2 to 3 hour shifts are about all they send out and if you live in the Inland Empire you'll never have a job that's closer to you than an hour drive and they always send out jobs between 30 minutes to an hour before the job starts. Horrible. They want you to revolve your life around them.
Cons
Doesn’t pay the care givers their worth
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2019
They say you can make $800-1000 a week working for them but they don’t pay you enough to make that unless you work 40+. There is some room to move up in the company but it’s rare
Pros
You pick your own schedule
Cons
No breaks and pay isn’t good
No work available
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Please don’t ever believe to them that you could earn $1000 per week. That is totally a LIE! First month of being their employee, they will send you tons of text messages/job offers and then after that you can barely get a shift from them because they have a favoritism. I’ve been waiting MONTHS now for an ongoing shift from them but it’s really not possible so instead of waiting I applied to a smaller agency where they can really accommodate their caregivers. So please 123 Management don’t hire people if you can’t give them work that they deserved!!
Poor Management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2019
at frist it was good I was working 3 days 12 hr shifts to getting a call saying they will find me another client and its been 3 months ive been without work awaiting a client every time I call they say they do not have anything but send out massive text messages saying the have work when I was hired I wasn't told it was on call and that there would be months at a time i wouldn't be working
Should’ve left when I saw the red flags
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  RiversideNovember 28, 2018
Wasn’t a bad place to work at. You meet lots of different people and learn new things by being in new environments. The only thing that saved me from quitting was the compassion I had for the people I was working with at a facility. Once that was over 123 had a very hard time keeping me on a schedule! They fail to mention that they have NOT ONE case in the inland empire. DO NOT WORK HERE if your not willing to travel ! The pay personally is not worth the wear and tear on your car. This company was very deceptive in regards to them telling us they have clients in the inland empire when they clearly DO NOT.
Avoid working here
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2018
If you’d like to be respected avoid working here.
The management is often overwhelmed and don’t have experience with caregiving. They’ll only give you hours if they like you. If they don’t tough luck to you even if you call them a bunch.
It’s unlikely you’ll make a thousand a week they simply don’t have enough clients
Cons
Favoritism
Employees were helpful.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2018
I worked for 123, full-time, 5 days a week , started on May 1, 2017 until June 8, 2018. The family of my client decided to move their mom out of the facility and transferred to a smaller group of residents facility which doesn’t require a private caregiver anymore.
Pros
Free cookies when the staff visits.
Cons
N/a
productive and innovative
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2016
the most enjoyable part is helping the clients , you gain a lot of experience working with different people in different locations.
Excellent Staff
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles,CAMarch 26, 2015
Every case varies depending on the client. The staff running the company are incredibly kind, and always willing to work with their caregivers/CNA schedules. 123 Home Care is attentive to peoples needs and go above and beyond for every client.
Pros
Specifics depend on employee, always fair!