16 Handles Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A great place to work and learn useful skills
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. you are able to offer your own ideas. It is a upbeat and happy workplace. cash handling is the main skill one will learn. it is also a good place to managae.
Pros
felxable hours
Cons
short breaks
Fast-moving.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYMay 19, 2018
The store is always busy during the summer, so i have to always be on my feet, even when there are no customers. When customers are unsure about which fro-yo to pick from, I tell them about the most popular flavor we have.
Pros
Talking to people.
Cons
No breaks.
Management and Organization
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJFebruary 15, 2018
The typical at work in 16 Handles is really making sure the customers are offered samples and everything in the store including then toppings are clean. The environment was not extremely comfortable because there weren't as many workers so there was always a difficulty with the schedule/
Pros
Free Frozen Yogurt
Cons
Hours
Productive and Fun Atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 10, 2018
When I started this job the managers of the Stamford, CT store along with the team were amazing. We all loved being around one another, working hard but also having an amazing time. Once the owners sold the store the new ownership was not as the old ones were. They pushed all original staff out the door.
Good Place to Work. Fun and Lively Atmosphere.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJanuary 9, 2018
For me 16 Handles has been a great job so far. My manager taught me many things for example how to clean the machines and use the cash register. Everyone is friendly and helps out.
Pros
Flexible hours, discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun
Customer-Service Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
16 Handles was a fun experience. Learned how to prep the store for opening, how to use the froyo machines, became family with everyone else there. Customers were also nice.
its a competative fast pace sometimes unorganized work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 30, 2017
some days there's a lot of customers to deal with while some days there isn't. I learned that customers are number one and should always be the first ones to make happy when they enter the store ,keeping the place sanitized and clean and having to multitask at doing many different things. the management is unorganized at times and can become confusing. the place was always sanitary and clean. the hardest part of the job is having to do many things at once and lifting heavy items up and down stairs. the most enjoyable was meeting new and different diversity of people
Pros
you get tips after working there for a year the scedule is flexable
Cons
15 to 30 min breaks can only obtain sick days for the total amount of hours worked
Fun environment. Easy work
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 6, 2017
working at 16 handles was fun. there were a few times when the assistant manager did some shady things, but overall it was a good job. the work isn't hard, just really busy after school hours and during the summer.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 23, 2017
You see something different everyday. Whether it is a cat trying samples or a herd of tourists swarming in. It is a very calm environment and very fun.
Variety in flavors and toppings
Cashier (Current Employee) –  1569 2nd AveAugust 15, 2017
Job is very unprofessional and favoritism is at an all time high. General managers don't take in consideration of what employees say. When a problem is brought to ones attention, something should be done about it. Communication sucks.

Want to know more about 16 Handles?

Ask a question
Productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, New YorkJuly 31, 2017
Acquired a J1 Visa to work in America, secured employment in 16 Handles. It is a self-service frozen-yoghurt business. Duties included working as a team member to provide a good customer service, responsible for the cash register, keeping the café tidy, ensuring, and assisting in customer queries. Trained in new employees within our weeks of appointment.
Very friendly staff, great company to work for.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
1 hour on sub way to get there
Fun Place to work for.
Utility Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJuly 14, 2017
It is great place to work for Part-Time. People are awesome on what they do co-workers are friendly and so a re managers. Specially if you work in front you meet customers and interact with them. Free Yogurt!!!!
Pros
Free Yogurt or Discounted Price
Benefits
Best thing about providing frozen yogurt samples to customers
Team Member, Upper East Side (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10065June 15, 2017
Though I consider lots of jobs to be challenging and hard work when it comes to pleasing customers and making sure they're all provided with efficient service, this work experience gave me the best opportunity to actually learn how to make it right! I felt very proud of myself that I knew how to approach the customers and make suggestions about various frozen yogurt flavors. Even on my first day on the job, I remember customers wanting many different samples at once, it was almost as if I was multitasking but still I succeeded to keep the service as a pleasant experience.
Cons
Mandatory breaks
Good company to move up quickly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJune 2, 2017
My experience there was overall a good one, it just ended without any employees knowing that the store was closing its doors, gave no heads up until 4 days before it closed for good.
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
lacks communication
Fun Work Environment
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2017
A typical shift involved Assisting customers and assuring customer satisfaction with the product.
I learned many elementary job skills i.e. Basic customer service skills.
Management was less involved then other jobs
The workplace culture was enjoyable
The hardest part of the job was N/A
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Pros
Free Frozen Yogurt
Cons
Inconsistant Hours
fun
cashier lead (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 25, 2017
working at 16 handles is a great experience. I love my co workers and my management team . if you decide to work here you would love it because I love it .
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Very fun place to works, customers are nice, workers are great, overall, enviroment is great as well.The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with people
Pros
free food
fun
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
most of these jobs were starter jobs for me they were all flixable and understanding with schedules. i had lots of fun working with these companys and was able to make friends and network with all types of different people.
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Overally a great place to start your work experience. Being my this was my first job i managed to grow alot and mature for better things that would come
Pros
Friendly staff, friendly bosses
Cons
Low pay
needed income
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 21, 2016
At first, I enjoyed going to work here but that's typically what a new employee's mentality is. As I learned new skills like disassembling and cleaning the machines used for the frozen yogurt, intentionally I thought I was in the running for a raise, but that never happened. I learned more and more managerial jobs hoping to at least get a raise but still that never happened. Overall my whole time there I was lied to and used for my skills without being recognized or compensated for it
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, no recognition, and dishonest manegers