1st Choice Pediatric Home Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about
Best job I've had so far
RN (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisMarch 10, 2018
I truly have only good things to say about working for 1st Choice Pediatric Home Care. So glad I decided to apply and work for them.

First, my client and the family are awesome. I sure like the meet and greet process that lets you meet the client and family before agreeing to take on the client. Distance to the client is another plus. I really dislike wasting time traveling to and from work. 1st Choice was very helpful in matching me with a kiddo in my area.

Second, my coworkers are the best. They’re great to work with, supportive, and willing to cover shifts. Often, we can work out any scheduling issues among ourselves before getting the scheduling coordinator involved. Communication and collaboration are better than any place I’ve worked before. I may be wrong, but I think the company is still small enough to be quite selective in the people they hire. I like that the case managers, scheduling, and other office staff are quick to respond to my questions/concerns and there seems to be a sincere “Thank You” when communication with them.
Pros
The people...client/family, coworkers, management/office staff
Great Company with Awesome Mission!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 15, 2018
I have been working at 1st Choice Pediatric Home Care full-time for 4 years. Overall they have wonderful company to work for! They make their field staff feel really connected and appreciated by sending thank you cards, holiday and nurses week gifts. They take the time to connect with employees and find out what is going on in their lives.

The staff coordinator has been really flexible accommodating my work schedule to fit my family and school schedule! Benefits and compensation are competitive for home care, and actually I think they pay a little higher than other agencies. They allow OT which is really nice. Keeping their clients happy and staffed is a big priority for them.

Overall the company is well managed, and I don't have any complaints about the office staff. I know they are going to be switching to electronic charting and time cards mid 2018 which will be a great asset to the growing company!
If the family I worked with wasn't amazing,I would have left ages ago
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 29, 2017
Typical homecare nursing type of work in the home with pediatric clients. Management super un-involved in helping with issues in the home. The office does everything they can to avoid giving benefits and sign on bonuses, will say you need to work for 1 year full time before access to PTO or 401k, both which are absolutely NOT competitive in the first place. The healthcare plan is a complete joke, with a 7500 deductible and costing over 300 a month for single person to use. No long term or short term disability plan in place, no maternity leave available. Paper charting and a poorly concocted time card system add to the chaos.
Basically, this might work if you have no need for benefits and are looking for a more laid back nursing job with a flexible schedule, but if you need full time employment and a job to support your family look elsewhere.
Pros
Enjoyable clients, set schedules
Cons
Horrible benefits, pay not competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1st Choice Pediatric Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3