1st Light Energy Employee Reviews

Worst light energy
Solar Monitor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJune 12, 2019
I can literally sum this whole company with one word: Nepotism. If you're part of the Mormon faith or a family friend, you will have a great time here
Pros
You will be underpaid. Doing coke and smoking weed could be considered a pro to some people.
Cons
Nepotism. Incompetence. Not all "smoke breaks" are for cigarettes either.
Fun Place too work at.
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2019
Flexible hours, great people, Potential for making money is unreal. Being able too work for yourself is amazing. Management is always willing to help you improve.
Used and abused
Site Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMarch 12, 2019
I started working as a site Surveyor then, was laid off 6 months in. Then they called me back to fill another position "Utility Man." Which ment I was traveling up and down California fixing solar. Then they told me they needed help on installation. I then moved to Modesto to work in Manteca. They never paid for my move or offered. I had to hustle to stay on board. After 3 months of installing they got rid of our crew. I began helping out with other solar tasks. One day after a 12 hour day, an employee texts me and says be at the shop at 330am. After a 12 hour shift and getting home at 5 PM I told him I can't be there. I went to work the next day at our regular schedule time 5am. We went to a job in the pouring rain and were supposed to meet with PG&E for a service change which, they don't do in the rain. The service change wasn't done. We came home. They blamed me for the service not being changed. I was fired the next day.
Pros
Pays good
Cons
Productive posative work enviroment with relaxed atmosphere
SAFETY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 18, 2018
1st Light Energy is a laid back place to work. No one hovers over you checking up on your work. Take breaks when you want to. Come in when you want to, as long as your put your hours in and your work is complete.
Work at your own pace
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2018
You can work freely at your own pace. Very customer service friendly, meeting new people everyday and learning something new everyday. The best part is you get to travel somewhere new often.
Pros
Bonuses upon sales volume
Cons
No healthcare
It was a job in which I felt like my moral code was constantly threatened.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 21, 2018
I quickly learned that being a salesman was not a career that I would be interested. It was difficult for me to say things or insinuate things that were not true just to try and get a lead. Leads are what we got paid on and the team I worked with was completely motivated by money and would do anything to get paid for leads.
Burned me hard
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 6, 2018
Empty promises, unstable company no management. No skills, no sales. No promotions. Treat there help like there useless.company gossip like a bunch of girls
terrible work environment
electrician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NYJanuary 24, 2018
terribly ran company management is incompetitent, never in the field to see how the work is. relies on 1 guy from the shops opinion and if he doesn't like you then your gone. They work on panel pay so anyone who the leads feel threatened by they get rid of cause in the end they will be taking money out of their pockets. not set up to grow, actually their business model is terrible and will never work working the NYC/boroughs. I've never worked for such an idiotic manager in my life, the company will be closed before you know it....
Pros
money
Cons
inept manger, incompetent workers, poor communication
great company. Competitive with other residential solar companies.
Site Assessor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 18, 2017
Steady Monday-Friday work hours. Occasional Saturday work. Great management and co-workers. I was able to learn in different positions including installation of solar modules, permit running and inspection coordinator. Work for me was always easy. work would only get difficult due to weather circumstances such as summer heat or extremely windy conditions.
Pros
Management and coworkers.
Cons
Low pay
disorganized: Running like a chicken without its head
Solar Electrician/ installer (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NYSeptember 29, 2017
There's a clique, fit in and you will be allowed to play, gaining acceptance translates to simply being liked by coworkers. I got the job done when came time to do so you should too.
Great
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 6, 2017
1st Light is a great company to get your foot into the door of summer sales and the ins and outs of solar. Management has many great people in the higher up positions but often in the lower management there seems to be a disconnect in communications. The people you work with become life long friends and there are many thing to look forward to day to day. Advancement can be difficult with some people staying 3 plus years and it being a smaller company. It is growing and can have potential in some areas for advancements soon. I learned many skills on the phones and many process to keep our customers happy. I also learned how to be a better supervisor and how to work with others and how to keep things rolling smooth.
Pros
Great environment, awesome owners and higher managment
Cons
N/a
produtctive and awesome work place
SOLAR REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
you have a sense of independence. your own business , you work when you want. on your own time and schedule. If your a person that likes to work but without a boss, this is the perfect job for you.
Motivated
Solar Analyst and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 23, 2017
I let the sales world consume me. The company was great but sales was not for me. This is a job where self motivation is everything. Management could be more understanding of peoe having families.
productive and competitive work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NYMay 29, 2017
As a sales rep for this company I learned a lot from the team manager and developed myself as a salesman and an effective communicator. I recommend this job to anyone interested in solar energy.
Great if you have the work ethic and skills
Solar Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJMay 25, 2017
1st Light Energy is a great company to work for, however, you must put the time in. Pay is 100% commission, and requires full-time commitment, so it can present issues when needing constant and reliable income.
Pros
Great management, fun incentives, work on your own time, etc
Cons
Contingent pay based on sales, no safety net
Self motivated
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMarch 22, 2017
Establish a work schedule on your own. Generate leads for sales and also write a sales document for customers. Developed excellent verbal skills and tough skin
PV Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAMarch 13, 2017
Work consisted of working on designs from morning to night. put together permit packages in order to install solar panels. Small business and you work close with all departments. the other employees are very helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with new protocol, products, and how to design for them. Loved drawing in AutoCAD!
Pros
Great people and work experience
Terrible management
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 13, 2017
There was no structure when we arrived, and none when we left. We were promised overrides on the team we managed but have yet to see any of that money. We are short about $12,000.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Promises of money not fulfilled
Nice enviornment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 21, 2016
Great i cn not complain. Truly blessed to help save the world. Solar is the way to save mabd as soon as crop as well on the flll yhe earth with renewable energy
Solar
Payroll Specialist / H.R. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CaSeptember 22, 2015
Great place to work, they care about the employees and customers. Growing like crazy/ Solar is the way to go to save money on electric bill
Pros
Excellent HR Department
Cons
To far from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1st Light Energy. Our community is ready to answer.