1st National Bank

1st National Bank Employee Reviews

1st National Bank insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun but still productive work environment

Overall a great company to work for. Fun but still productive work environment! Great finance knowledge. I loved the fact that it is a smaller bank, so you really got to know your banking customer's.

Cons

Healthcare

Best for students

Great gig for high school and college students: while the bank's hours are longer than most other banks', the latest I've worked is 7:30. Management is easy to contact and is highly flexible. However, this bank falls short when it comes to professionalism. Money and confidential customer information is often handled very casually, to the point where it becomes concerning. Bank-wide policies and procedures are often thrown out at some branches or strongly enforced at others, creating confusion for floating tellers and sometimes leading to unfair disciplinary action. Most of my co-workers were friendly, fun, and team-oriented. Some, however, helped foster a toxic environment that could interfere with the job in general. Due to irregular policy enforcement, important violations were often overlooked and there was plenty of tattle-taling about minor infractions. If you plan to work here, be careful who you trust and always follow the rules, even if a manager tells you to overlook, skip, or continue through with something that is not allowed.

Pros

Great hours for students, flexible, relaxed

Cons

Low pay, gossip, no clear policies or procedures, unprofessional

Lots of broken promises

You will be sold a family atmosphere and trips....what you actually get is low pay , long hours, if they get a wiff you are not happy will be treated very poorly and told if you are not happy to leave....

Stay away from this company!

This company lets one employee ruin the work, attitudes, achievements and progress of all branch employees. This employee manages employees while spreading lies and slander about them. You will have no respect and the best of employees are put down to made to feel they are worthless. When you have problems upper management refuses to address them. This is not a company to work for if you respect yourself and your time. There are way better places to work for and places that care about their employees.

Depends on the Branch

Overall 1st National Bank is a great bank, offers good services, and is a wonderful employer to work for. However, your experience will vary depending on the branch you visit/ work at.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Is a fun place to work

It was fun working there.I will recommend anyone willing to work there.Though it should be noted that the beginning was not easy, but as time goes on, it environment was more friendly.

Not a good company.

The people who work there are horrible. They never made me feel important or appreciated. If you don't do things their way, they bully you and make you feel inadequate.

Great Company

This is a great company to work for... it is family owned and they value your life beyond the bank. They look to grow the company but want you to do it by doing what is best for the customer. You are not "forced" to sell unneeded items to your customers. You are encouraged to find ways to help customers at the bank. They treat the staff and the customers as family! I love that you are given the ability to make decisions at the moment.... no need to run through a lot of red tape to get an answer. There are lots of long term employees who work here. They are also good at giving you opportunities to learn new areas all the time.... though your job title may not change as quickly as other places, you can still pick up extra responsibility and you are always rewarded well for the extra efforts with good raises, bonuses, trips, prizes, etc. I cannot tell you how great it is to work here!!

Pros

Management, Incentives, Competitions

Cons

Hours at certain branches and having to work certain holidays

Review Sum

The Senior Vice President and the employees of this bank are some of the most respectful & caring people you will ever meet. The hardest part of this job is learning to be flexible and being able to put on any hat at any point of your day. You won't find a place with co-workers & managers with bigger hearts.

Great work culture

Recommend 1st national to anyone great people management and work life balance paid every two weeks and the only down side for me was the pay not the greatest for me and my family

It was a bank, it was fast.

1st National bank was and is a great to work and also to bank at their policy is easily read and understood. 1st National bank offered great hours and very fair pay.

Bad

Management is a bully type and very inconsistent with policies and procedures. You cannot get raises because management does not want to give them. You cannot move up in the company as well because of management. They hinder your success.

Pros

Work hours

Cons

Micro management

wonderful place to work staff very kind and i loved the responsbility

I worked for the bank for 5 years and loved my job and the people I worked with. Perfect hours at the time for my son pay fair hard work but rewarding I would go back but I am needing full time now. I was always complimented on my work and the bank would give me outstanding recommendations.

Pros

hours and relaxed atmosphere

Cons

carrying heavy things up and down the stairs

great job

great place to work at great location relax environment management friendly open door policy great benefits supports the community great job opportunities

very friendly place towork

Didn't get the correct training,I was told it was going to be 2 weeks of training and it was only week so I really don't feel like I was trained correctly

An Okay place to work

It was ideal for a college student to work, however, if you wanted to move out of a banking center into something else, there was little room for that.

Pros

A more flexible schedule, Decent Vacation Time

Cons

Upper management was horrible

First National Bank of Wadena

Depending on the day, would do drive up teller,process ACH files, run proof machine, copy checks on to microfilm and get end of day ready to send out to Federal Reserve.

Pros

Didn't do the same thing everyday

Cons

pay wasn't great

First National Bank

First National Bank of River Falls was an ok place to work. The people were very friendly and I like banking there. There wasn't much place for advancement, and it took years to get anywhere in the system. Pay was on par with other banking institutions, but in general, not enough to keep me there.

customer service job was my first job in 1974

anwersing phones, filing. check balances for customers mailing out monthly statements, and tracing addresses for returned mail. sometimes they would send me out to get the daily processed checks at another bank

Pros

good job for ist job

Cons

downtown portland

Decent foot in the door job,

Working for 1st National is great if you're young and are planning to get experience in financial work. It is run a little unprofessionally though. And you do not get paid for travel times.

1st national bank

my job that I work for is not really what I would work for and I preferably see myself working for drafting and use my skills from what I learned in itt tech school and move up in a business that has drafting and also make a commitment and have a long term commitment.

Pros

1st national bank gave me an oppotuinty to work there

Cons

I dont see myself working there for years and have a good committment to be part of the banks team..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1st National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• 1st National Bank