1st Source Bank Employee Reviews

1st Source
Document Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 26, 2018
Family based company that was good to work for. The company had lots of room to advance and I only left because we were relocating. I have recommended several friends to work there and they still do three years later.
SRCE is great.
Intern (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 29, 2018
I very much enjoy working at the company, the environment is nice. Everyone is very kind at the bank and patient with new learners. Highly recommend! Great experience.
Hard work and little pay
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed the position working with my team but I felt I had no direction or help from my manager to move up within the company. And the pay was not enough of a living wage.
Working at 1st Source Bank
Post-Closing Auditor (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 6, 2018
It's a joy to work with a variety of people. Wevwork as a team and make it fun. I have learned a lot if different task and people. I have a lot of duties and that makes the day and experience better.
Pros
Company caters lunch
Cons
When it's a blizzard we still come to work.
Pay
Associate (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 5, 2018
They need to look at their pay scale and compensation packages that they have for their employees. They lose good employees because they aren’t competitive with other companies pay scales.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Takes to much time to earn vacations
1st Source is a great place to work, just doesn't pay enough for all that they expect.
Teller, Switch board operator, Lockbox clerk (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 15, 2018
1st Source is a great place to work with the ability to advance. However, the pay is very low in comparison to other jobs that do not require near as much of you.
Pros
If you like customer service, this is a great place for you.
Cons
Very low pay scale.
Training
Administrative Assistant, Trust Department (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 31, 2018
While I enjoyed the position, needed more training. Had only 5 hours training on accounting software and none on procedures. Was left to ask questions and find answers.
Pros
Salary ok
Cons
Not as competitive in benefits
1st Source
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knox, INJanuary 10, 2018
was a great place to work. loved the team I was on. relaxing job. Everyone was nice to work with, Loved working with my Customers. Was really low key.
Great Company, Terrible Manager
TELLER I (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 5, 2018
They are very strict with attendance
Little room for career growth
Some managers arent supposed to be managers because they dont lead by example. Some are playing with the power/authority they have
they like to bring in consultants and down size where they can
Trust Department Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 4, 2018
Great folks. A real relaxed place to work with good working conditions. Management made it very comfortable and relaxoimg environment to be in. Plenty of time off
Most Management is good.
Assistant Vice President - Compliance (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 2, 2018
Honest company, Little advancement, basic insurance and compensation plans.

Not very creative, 'old fashion',
Stable, predictable, relatively supportive
Great Workplace!
Intern (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 27, 2017
The company seems to have quite a few options for advancement if you are willing to apply yourself and connect with the Human Resource Department.

Management is extremely competent in the banking industry, which will hopefully lead them as they continue to succeed.
Good job, Excellent benefits
Cash Vault Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 3, 2017
1st Source Bank is a great place to have a career. The bank has good benefits along with a very attractive 401k plan. The people here are very supportive and helpful of what you want to accomplish. The work can be demanding at times but management always appreciates your efforts and will help when needed.
Enjoyable customer service
CSR (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 19, 2017
If you like customer service, this is a great job for that! Mainly set shifts unless you like to work more hours and travel to other branches. Opportunity for advancement if you like to sell and advertise. You will learn a lot about currency and exchange.
friendly atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 23, 2017
A fun friendly bank to work for. Great benefits and room for advancement. Good team environment, community minded, and excel at customer service with clients
Great place if you want to advance and are a go getter
SEC IV to VP and Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 3, 2017
Enjoyed the opportunity to work directly with the clients. They encourage completing college and pursuing your MBA. Usually through Notre Dame.
This is a smart corporation with larger banks forced to compete with 1st Source.
Pros
Can advance in the company. They have a good 401k tgey encou package. Clientele wonderful
Cons
Nothing unusual working in a large firm.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 1, 2017
First Source Bank is a place full of competitive hard working people. First Source Bank takes their role in society very seriously and major goal is to help families feel secure with their money.
csr
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 23, 2017
Loooved working here. I enjoyed my mentors and managers and for the most part coworkers were easy to get along with. you were given a lot of trust and it showed in the day to day activities.
Pros
great place.
Cons
layed off during recession
Lacking technology in software!
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 14, 2017
Most people are great to work with, operations dept. seems to run the institution, but they are back office for obvious reasons.Good management team, upward promotion is slow to non existant.
Pros
People, longevity of imployment
Cons
Technology, or lack there of
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 31, 2017
Hours are great. Benefits are a plus. Compensation should be a little higher for Customer Service Representatives (tellers) Sometimes promises for advancement are not carried out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1st Source Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight