1st Step Behavioral Health

1st Step Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

I loved working for first step at the Residency. Things get very chaotic and clinical does very little to help staff resolve these issues when reported multiple times. During COVID they became understaffed and after taking many, many OT shifts to help out, there was never any appreciation or thank you’s for helping out. During the end of my time being with 1st step I received 0 kind words or goodbyes from ANYONE. If they don’t know you personally before applying, no hard work you dk will be recognized.
Pros
Supervisors at Res, Admissions George, Nursing Staff
Cons
Res $ way too low for responsibilities and your duties as a tech, especially when you are put on as shift lead.
Very friendly work environment, bosses are GREAT and the Company literally work around your schedule to make sure you're comfortable working with them.
Pros
They work around your schedule although they give you a set schedule, however if the fit doesn't work for you they'll work you.
Cons
That if you work third shift you don't get shift differential.
There was a real feeling of family there in each unit and for the entire company as weli. m A sense of pride to be a part of that team. They were very accommodating of different schedules.
Pros
Flexible work hours - very accommodating/free lunch every Tuesday
Cons
30 minute drive to work
I would highly question the ethics of this company. Both from a client and employee standpoint. If you are not a family member or a close friend need not apply.
Pros
Cons
Questionable ethics
I loved working for this company because every day is consistent with daily duties, I learned alot in this company and mainly how to be professional towards clients,
Leave a review. Help people like you.
This company really has helped me have the life I want to live today. I’m grateful to work here. This company is really good to there employees and I feel respected.
I really hated working there. Management did not care about their employees. They allow the clients to disrespect you and don't really care about the employees safety
I had a great experience working with this community. Helping others to overcome their addiction and care for them when they can't care for themselves.
It was a short job but i liked it. I was hired and immediately after was told they were cutting back so i could basically go or stay per diem. I left bc i had to get a another job
I work at first step for four years. I got hurt in the job they refused to give me medical care. Staff does not last they don’t treat their employees fair.
I've worked at 5 treatment centers and clients at First Ste[ were the least problematic. It has to be what happens at clinical since they are basically the same people as at other treatment facilities. Outside of lower pay than other places I've worked and a tendency to micromanage their techs it is overall a good place to work.
This company has been in business for 15 years and in this field as a single owned entity is rare. This company is all about giving client's the best possible chance of sobriety with programs from detox, residential, PHP, IOP, aftercare and sober living. Client's are not asked to leave even if their insurance stops paying.
This job has a hard turn over rate and do not care for their employees at entry level. Clients are awesome and respectable. As a technician you are outside weather is extremely hot or cold you cannot go inside the building.
1st step stands out in the substance abuse industry with both their care for clients and their culture for employees. Many management staff have been with this company since its inception. Family run environment!
I have worked at multiple facilities within the the substance abuse and mental health treatment industry. First Step is by far the most equipped facility i have been apart of, when i compare the medical and clinical team. The client care is second to none. I can see my self being apart of this company for many years to come, i can see the growth opportunity for myself, which has made me push myself harder on a daily basis to achieve the personal goals i have.
Pros
Flexible, understanding.
Reasonably forgiving management, management misappropriates PTO. Family owned business. High turnover rate. They provide opportunities based on experience.
Pros
autonomous working environment
Cons
high turnover rate
1st Step is such an amazing company to work for. Their philosophy to helping people is unlike any other facilities out there. I have personally worked in this field, at multiple companies, and at the end of the day, this would be my #1 recommendation for all who are up to the job. Working in this field is not for everyone, but if you do find yourself employed here, your experience will be nothing short of exceptional. Some days can get hectic at times, but that comes with the territory and because there is such a great staff that works together, everything always ends up running smoothly; no matter how chaotic it may be. I was taught how to be a true professional while working here and learned so many valuable tools that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. A great work place value that they hold true to, is being trained properly. Working in this setting is not easy, and a definite requirement is consistentcy. You will be taught every task that needs to be done on a daily basis, from client care & safety to transportation and workng with KIPU. It is a family owned company, and they truly show compassion towards the clients and staff alike. Working at 1st Step means you are part of the family, and there is nothing more that I could ask for.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Look elsewhere. Only work here if you need to make some money while looking for a real job. Location very sketchy, cops always being called. Good luck.
Pros
Different shift options
Cons
No leadership
Don't work here. The Tech Manager/Supervisor says one thing then does something totally different. It's unorganized. Most of the people there have favoritism and will try to walk all over. They don't about care you or even the clients most of the time.
1st Step Behavioral Health was the employer that offered me my start as a professional; learning all the proper ways to perform maintenance on all their property locations. Their company will work around your schedule if you're deciding to be a working student. Working for 1st Step Behavioral Health shown me what it was to be treated like a professional, while always learning better ways to work
Pros
flexible schedule
Very Hectic. Communication is always an issue. Becoming more about the money. Most Clients don't want to be there even though they know the schedule better then the Techs.