211 San Diego Employee Reviews

Not a good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
I came in knowing that it was going to be a challenge working with people that are in tough situations, but honestly the hardest part was dealing with a company that does not support you.
Pros
Great people, work is meaningful
Cons
low pay, management is horrible, extremely over worked, does not value its employees, micromanaged to the extreme
Controlling and you have to be a favorite and kiss a lot of behinds.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMay 25, 2018
If they do not like you they will find anything to get you out. Not understanding to Military Spouses in lower positions if need to do something with their kids because spouse is deployed or out of town.
Benefits
Fast Paced Training Effort Could Be Modified
Medical QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Training was unorganized due to lack of experience of the trainer. Some new individuals were trained on some things that the old individuals did not have the opportunity to learn which led to lack of communication to the clients.
Customer Service with a fake smile
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
It was great in the beginning they made it seen like they cared about the workers but they do not . The staff is so under paid and unrecognized for the hard work they do . The job is very stressful and must be able to work under a lot pressure . The managers have favorites and that determines if one can move up the chain or not . They say they care about the community but all they care about is numbers , metrics and money .. they don't care about their own employees and there well beings. If you don't want a social life and a consistent schedule and like getting harassed or hit on by male supervisors who like to cheat on wives ... than this is the place for you .
Pros
able to help people in need, give back to the community
Cons
hours suck, managers are cut throat, they ask for too much for what they pay
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2017
An extremely supportive work environment particularly suited to early careerists. I learned a great amount there and was encouraged to develop my skills by management.
This company is amazing. They help families and individuals who are in need when life throws them a curve ball.
Enrollment Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company. I just wish they had a longer grant to keep my position open while I was employed with them.
Pros
monthly business meetings where we got to know our co workers on a different level
Cons
benefits were nice just wish there were more options
Help the community
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2015
The company focuses on helping the community with resources within the zip code.

I would take 50-80 calls an hour. Talking and showing constant empathy to people in hard life situations and at the same time guiding them to resources within their area.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No advancement, nonprofit, job security
Productive and exciting work place
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2013
Assisted clients with general information about their calworks, Medical or calfresh case via the telephone.
I learned how to assist clients in a timely manner
management was very supportive
I enjoyed working and getting to know my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was when client was irate because case was closed and had to re apply or did not qualify for benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to provide client with information that would help them to facilitate the application process.
Compassionate and respectful people working there.
Information & Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2012
Wow where do I begin. In a nut shell, 211 is a comprehensive info and referral and disaster center that services all of San Diego County. People would call in basically for help. 211 had a data base at my time of employment of 4,500 agencies and programs for callers. Now I am sure there had been much more added. But it was rewarding in that we had the tools and information for men, women, children and seniors, the disabled and for people with mental issues, drug issues as well as alcohol. We would take 80 to 100 calls per day during non-holidays. Now on the Holidays the calls would double. It was hard at times getting calls from people who we were unable to help. There is always that caller who unknowingly would call us either too late when no services would be available. 211 is a nation wide service all across the United States.
A great place to be treated like dirt
I&R Specialist / QA Assistant / CSR Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2012
2-1-1 is all about who you know. Supervisors break California labor laws constantly and spread rumors about co-workers they don't like. Very anti-productive environment to be in. Management will fabricate evidence and rumors against any employee who reports any upper management for violating the law in hopes to make them quit or be fired.