21c Museum Hotels Employee Reviews

Poor management
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYOctober 4, 2018
Poor management. no one works together, always back stabbing. training is inadequate. AGM Lies and makes stuff up to cover her own self. Everyone is allowed to go over the management head with no repercusions.
Pros
good pay nad benifits
Cons
No teamwork and every one makes it stressful for other workers.
Absolutely a GREAT PLACE to work
Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 23, 2018
I learned more at 21C Museum concerning the Culinary Field than I ever could have imagined! Great Executive Chef that was willing to teach and willing to let you make mistakes, just for the purpose of learning! I couldn't have asked for a better set of Mentors!
Pros
Employee Meals, discounts, Etc.
Cons
Maybe too many people trying to be in charge???
Diverse and trendy. I used to feel proud of where I work but major issues have changed that. Beautiful location and beautiful idea
Housekeeper and part time supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 22, 2018
This has tge potential of being an excellent place to work but poor management and lack of supplies and equipment to do the job have put it in a very bad place. I truly enjoyed my employment at 21C until the management started slacking off. Lack of equipment and supplies has only increased during my employment here when I should’ve been able to see a decrease of that The staff is consistently overworked because there’s a severe lack of retention of employees, which I feel is related to the fact that we’re not training them anymore like we should be so they become overwhelmed and unhappy with her job and leave and that puts the burden back on the housekeepers.
Pros
Family meal, Pto, life insurance, diversity
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, failure to train and keep appropriate staff
Dont work here
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 11, 2018
JUST DONT WORK HERE . TERRIBLE PLACE NEEDS HELP .MANAGMENT IS horrible don't work here please run don't look back stay away from this hotel just run run run.... run Forrest run.
Pros
Notta
21C Museum Hotel
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 3, 2018
21C Museum Hotel is an interesting quick-paced organization to work for. Unfortunately, turnover is very high due to the lack of structure and consistent leadership. Culture is very segregated that not only employees notice, but guests as well.
Poor management
House Person (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMay 24, 2018
I wasn't allowed to take my 10 minute break. I wasn't allowed to get my pay card until payday. I wasn't allowed to get a drink after working 2 hours. I was constantly followed around and nagged by my supervisor.
You do not want to work for these people
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 6, 2018
Run, and don't look back. Horrendous work environment. Forced to serve lunch despite raw sewage leak. Place ran like a dictatorship. Terrible pay and yet owned by one of richest dynasties in the country. Employees little more than expendable product. Awful. Even have to pay to park.
Pros
Cons
hmmm... Where to start?
Severely inadequate management
Senior Events & Catering Operations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2018
I worked at 21c and upon entering the workplace I was already the most experienced and tenured employee in my department. I was overlooked several times for advancement/promotions for people severely less qualified and or tenured. They are promoters of age-discrimination.
Just don't
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 19, 2018
I was so excited to start here. I was offered a full time position that ended up only giving me 20 hours most weeks. Training was minimal and I was just expected to know everything. Management was cold and unkind for the most part and would roll into the office whenever they wanted. It was insane to watch. Guidelines were always fluctuating too. Some guests got different treatment than others and rules shifted. I could never keep track.
Pros
Free food, artwork
Cons
Poor management skills, misleading information
Run away fast
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 15, 2018
One of worst places I have ever worked. To be a luxury hotel the computer system is completely out of date. You do Manuel task all day because the computer system is so out of date. Very high turnover
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Everything else
i hate this place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 27, 2018
run away from this place. If you want fair practices, work & life balance, fair pay, friendly kind supervisors, not to be taken advantage of then do yourself a favor and dont apply
Pros
free but disgusting lunch
Cons
everything including pay
Tons of growth and learning in the kitchen
Pastry production, Plated desserts, cold line (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 22, 2018
Menu changed often so always learning something new in the kitchen working on new products always special items for holidays so it was always a new venture in the kitchen, learned a lot of new recipes and was able to be creative with seasonal items often.
Its a nice environment but the housekeeping staff and managment are rude
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2018
I wouldnt recommend anyone working here unless they would work in any other department than housekeeping. The management is rude. They don't care about anyone but themselves. Its sad and no staff should be treated as such.
Worth it
Would reveal my name (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2018
HARD work. Worth it. I moved up but it took time and effort. Wonderful culture, great benefits, not the best compensation. Working at 21C, I became happier in the workplace then I have ever been at any other place but I did not make as much money as I did with some more heartless companies . What are your goals?
Pros
Culture, understanding, acceptance
Cons
Pay cut
Great Company
Director of Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 30, 2017
21c Museum Hotels is a wonderful company that has got to be one of the best companies in regards to the culture. Awesome environment is created from the CEO down.
My time at 21C Museum Hotel.
Valet Attendant/Bellhop (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 10, 2017
All in all I enjoyed my time at 21C museum hotel. Typical days were fast paced, but tips were given so busy days were welcome. I learned a good deal about customer service while working at the hotel.
Very very Good
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2017
I haven't been there long but my experience I have had as been very good overall..... I am hoping to grow working at 21c museum/hotel as well up my career ...
A very liberal organization that rewards misfits over responsible hard working people
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 3, 2017
The entire agenda of this company is to spread liberal ideologies into otherwise conservative markets. The people that own this company are rich beyond belief and have no desire or need to make more money. They don't even have kids to leave it to. Their whole goal is to spread what they deem to be an appropriate view of the world. If you are a slacker that often comes into work hungover or strung out, you will prosper. They tip share everything and basically, the hardworking responsible people support the losers. It's like some sort of weird socialistic Che experiment gone wrong.
Pros
Cons
Basically everything unless you're looking for a job that loaded while you're at work
This company is some b.s. if you’re not friends/kissing butt you will not get promoted
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 29, 2017
This company is b.s if your not related/kissing butt u will not get promoted the Hr/housekeeping boss find things to get you out a I’ve been there over a year I’m was there best housekeeper there never had a guest complaint, only had 1 writing up which I got when I first started I was let go because I told them to stop threatening my job if your going to fire me then do it
Incredible place to work
Cocktail Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2017
.Typical day at work did not feel like you are at work. Super friendly staff, very knowledgeable management team, and employee meals
.I learned a lot about art and history of modern art and amazing craft cocktail bar experience
.Manegement at its finest
.Amazing workplace with great benefits
.Hardest part of the job was how slow paced it was
.Moat enjoyable part was all the educational trainings we had about our products, learning and working aside with sommeliers and being able to experience it live. Never a dull moment
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
New establishment, very slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 21c Museum Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight