21c Museum Hotels Employee Reviews

Poor management
House Person (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMay 24, 2018
I wasn't allowed to take my 10 minute break. I wasn't allowed to get my pay card until payday. I wasn't allowed to get a drink after working 2 hours. I was constantly followed around and nagged by my supervisor.
You do not want to work for these people
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 6, 2018
Run, and don't look back. Horrendous work environment. Forced to serve lunch despite raw sewage leak. Place ran like a dictatorship. Terrible pay and yet owned by one of richest dynasties in the country. Employees little more than expendable product. Awful. Even have to pay to park.
Pros
Cons
hmmm... Where to start?
Severely inadequate management
Senior Events & Catering Operations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2018
I worked at 21c and upon entering the workplace I was already the most experienced and tenured employee in my department. I was overlooked several times for advancement/promotions for people severely less qualified and or tenured. They are promoters of age-discrimination.
Just don't
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 19, 2018
I was so excited to start here. I was offered a full time position that ended up only giving me 20 hours most weeks. Training was minimal and I was just expected to know everything. Management was cold and unkind for the most part and would roll into the office whenever they wanted. It was insane to watch. Guidelines were always fluctuating too. Some guests got different treatment than others and rules shifted. I could never keep track.
Pros
Free food, artwork
Cons
Poor management skills, misleading information
Run away fast
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 15, 2018
One of worst places I have ever worked. To be a luxury hotel the computer system is completely out of date. You do Manuel task all day because the computer system is so out of date. Very high turnover
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Everything else
i hate this place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 27, 2018
run away from this place. If you want fair practices, work & life balance, fair pay, friendly kind supervisors, not to be taken advantage of then do yourself a favor and dont apply
Pros
free but disgusting lunch
Cons
everything including pay
Tons of growth and learning in the kitchen
Pastry production, Plated desserts, cold line (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 22, 2018
Menu changed often so always learning something new in the kitchen working on new products always special items for holidays so it was always a new venture in the kitchen, learned a lot of new recipes and was able to be creative with seasonal items often.
Its a nice environment but the housekeeping staff and managment are rude
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2018
I wouldnt recommend anyone working here unless they would work in any other department than housekeeping. The management is rude. They don't care about anyone but themselves. Its sad and no staff should be treated as such.
Worth it
Would reveal my name (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2018
HARD work. Worth it. I moved up but it took time and effort. Wonderful culture, great benefits, not the best compensation. Working at 21C, I became happier in the workplace then I have ever been at any other place but I did not make as much money as I did with some more heartless companies . What are your goals?
Pros
Culture, understanding, acceptance
Cons
Pay cut
Great Company
Director of Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 30, 2017
21c Museum Hotels is a wonderful company that has got to be one of the best companies in regards to the culture. Awesome environment is created from the CEO down.
My time at 21C Museum Hotel.
Valet Attendant/Bellhop (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 10, 2017
All in all I enjoyed my time at 21C museum hotel. Typical days were fast paced, but tips were given so busy days were welcome. I learned a good deal about customer service while working at the hotel.
Very very Good
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2017
I haven't been there long but my experience I have had as been very good overall..... I am hoping to grow working at 21c museum/hotel as well up my career ...
A very liberal organization that rewards misfits over responsible hard working people
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 3, 2017
The entire agenda of this company is to spread liberal ideologies into otherwise conservative markets. The people that own this company are rich beyond belief and have no desire or need to make more money. They don't even have kids to leave it to. Their whole goal is to spread what they deem to be an appropriate view of the world. If you are a slacker that often comes into work hungover or strung out, you will prosper. They tip share everything and basically, the hardworking responsible people support the losers. It's like some sort of weird socialistic Che experiment gone wrong.
Pros
Cons
Basically everything unless you're looking for a job that loaded while you're at work
This company is some b.s. if you’re not friends/kissing butt you will not get promoted
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 29, 2017
This company is b.s if your not related/kissing butt u will not get promoted the Hr/housekeeping boss find things to get you out a I’ve been there over a year I’m was there best housekeeper there never had a guest complaint, only had 1 writing up which I got when I first started I was let go because I told them to stop threatening my job if your going to fire me then do it
Incredible place to work
Cocktail Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2017
.Typical day at work did not feel like you are at work. Super friendly staff, very knowledgeable management team, and employee meals
.I learned a lot about art and history of modern art and amazing craft cocktail bar experience
.Manegement at its finest
.Amazing workplace with great benefits
.Hardest part of the job was how slow paced it was
.Moat enjoyable part was all the educational trainings we had about our products, learning and working aside with sommeliers and being able to experience it live. Never a dull moment
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
New establishment, very slow
Creative environment to work in and influence
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 13, 2017
It was a great job, loved all my coworkers, loved the staff meetings and parties, loved the flexibility of the job with room for growth, loved the art, loved the pace and diversity of roles, loved the sense of teamwork, loved the events that were hosted, loved the variety of guests, loved the comfortable atmosphere and top of the line design, loved the materials they built with, loved the food, loved the expansion of the company with opportunities to work from other locations. I would not have left my job if it weren't for relocation purposes due to family. I got along with all of my managers and all of the people who were lucky to be part of our staff family.
Pros
Free meals, good location, accessable transportation, no uniforms, discounts
Cons
Change of pace, hard to remember all employees names
Fun work environment
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2017
I have loved my timenin thebaevice industry and 21c has provided me with security to be able to make a desicion of finding a new job and making a smooth transition
Pros
Free dinner
Great Place To Work!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2017
Great people, art, food, and benefits for service industry employees. Advancement opportunities are available. I would still work there if I hadn't been offered another opportunity.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2017
Great company just would like management to be a little better. I've been working here for a couple months.. great guest great atmosphere just the management
Very rude management all white
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJuly 7, 2017
The managers was very racist disrespectful and they called this upscale Art Hotel they oughta be ashamed of themselves. If this was back in the fifties this would this would be acceptable!!!!! And I'm talking about the one in Oklahoma City all the managers staff rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 21c Museum Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight