21st Century Oncology Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Do your due diligence.
Radiaiton Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 18, 2018
Work can be fast paced with plenty of documentation.
The company has had 4 CEOs in 2 years and just came out of bankruptcy while still having over $500 million in debt (Google it). Lots of rhetoric by management (getting extra help/PRN help when really needed). Their goal is to build outward (expand) not inward (taking care of employees). Research the company and ask around before you consider this company. Accept their jobs at your own risk
Pros
good co-workers, gratitude from patients
Cons
no breaks at times, unqualified and biased management
Worst company to work for
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 18, 2018
THE MANAGEMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS EMPLOYEES. NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VACATION OR SICK TIME. Upper management is constantly changing, the company provides ZERO training for your job. I have never worked for a company that allows abuse from other staff members and genuinely does not care for patients and have denied patients with cancer their care.

STAY FAR FAR FAR FAR AWAY
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environments
Loved working there
Escalator Commercial Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 13, 2018
The people I met were amazing. I worked there through a lot of changes and the management was always amazing to me. If I ever move back to the area I would rework there
Pros
The people
Cons
No raises
difficult place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 5, 2018
It was not the position for me. If you were "perfect" then you could work there.If you are a normal person then it is not the place to work. when you are needed, then you are good. Once someone else is hired with more experience, then you are not appreciated.
I enjoyed my work environment when I was there .
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 19, 2018
W worked in an office in North Carolina and many of these questions did not apply. The people I worked with were generous in their knowledge of what they were doing and more than happy to take time to explain to me. Overall I had a very good experience.
Terrible Supervisors and no room for growth
Surgical Coordinator/Front Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 19, 2018
Understaffed and overworked. Supervisors hand off their work and expect you to get it done along with your own work load. Write you up when impossible goals are not met and bad mouth everyone behind their backs
Wonderful co-workers, upper managerment, unprofessional
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 8, 2018
They work you to death with very little pay. They belittle you from the time you start until you leave. They will never support you. They are so busy cheating people they can't even tell when something is array in an office, mostly from their doing.

Toxic work environment, equipment doesn't work most of the time. They tell you, call IT and deal with it. They will never side with you even when you are right.
Pros
Co workers, doctors, most patient are great!
Cons
Lousy healthcare, don't care about Ca employees in the least. Low pay
Why work harder for less money
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 1, 2018
There are better work places and better paying work places than here. Even their own students they produce don’t want to work here. Only ones that stay are ones that have no other option.
Very sucky place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 24, 2018
The management is ridiculous. The rules and regulations are unfair. My interview was SO unprofessional it was all about “keep to yourself, everyone talks bad about each other here, come in do what you have to do” how unprofessional. It was overall an easy job to do but they definitely need to re-evaluate the supervisors. How are you a supervisor but don’t even speak to someone in your own department? Ridiculous
Pros
Reps
Excellent Management
Interim Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLMay 7, 2018
Provided Interim Operations management and mentored Billing Manager. Interacted with clinic operations and management daily. Helped with staff development and transition to new management plan.
Supportive environment for Cancer patients.
RN (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLApril 6, 2018
Internally Stressful environment secondary to type of patient care. Patient centered care. Staff supportive of patients. Team not always supportive of each other.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Stressors, too much overtime.
Stressful
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 31, 2018
It’s a high stress low pay no appreciation thankfully I have a great practice manager but the cut throat out ways the awfulness the back stabbing is so gross
Pros
Cons
Low wage
Relaxed environment but not enough to live on
Cash Control Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 29, 2018
Great place to work, relaxed, enough breaks etc etc. But unless you have a key position - you won't make enough to support yourself living in the Fort Myers area.
Relaxed and ever-changing!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLMarch 28, 2018
Wonderful opportunity to cater to those in need. Fantastic physicians. Some school time drama/antics of staff but quickly resolved with physicians and management.
Na
Lead Medical Systems & Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 15, 2018
I don't have anything to say about this company. They need to value their employees, no raise in years......................................................
21st Century
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2018
In our office it is fast paced we see about 40 patients a day in a specialist office. Our staff is small and a lot of responsiblity. The only stress is expected to know without proper traning.
no room for advancement
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 4, 2018
Unprofessional atmosphere and no room for advancement or pay increase ever. Toxic work environment. Most staff are pleasant however a few bad apples spoil the bunch.
Hostile Working enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLFebruary 25, 2018
Very poor management, hostile working environment, very poor patient care, low wages due to the amount of work they expect you to do, unfriendly staff
Good place
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Great pay! Good working environment. Company relocated. Had to get another job elsewhere. Growing company, good place to learn new things. They helped me get my foot in the door with coding.
Pros
flexible work times
Cons
company moved
Constant pressure and unfair treatment
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 16, 2018
The job itself can be fun and satisfying however, due to poor management and outrageous expectations the working environment is toxic
Mandatory over time ordered on a very short notice.
Upper management is interchangeable every 6 month since the company filed for bankruptcy. Job security is shaky even after years of working there
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Too many