21st Century Oncology Employee Reviews

fast paced, stressful at times
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 22, 2019
i have learned a lot while working here, but due to the stress of the job and the pettiness of people whom i worked with made me not want to work here.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
high workload not allowing for a good work like balance
Low pay and no advancement
employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 11, 2019
Employees do not get raises and there are no advancement opportunities. Company is only concerned about profits. Patients are numbers instead of people. No work life balance.
All the provider did was gossip and complain
LPN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 28, 2019
Was an ok place to work. Should have done more research on the company prior to working there. I didn’t know about the bankruptcy and all the terrible things they do. Management and communication is poor. The providers don’t communicate with one another and are constantly micro managing where they don’t need to be.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Work environment, terrible management and communication
Fast paced environment to keep the day busy
Dosimetrist (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLFebruary 20, 2019
Facility provides new and latest softwares and machines. Fast paced to keep you busy and secure. Can improve on communication and attitude of different departments
Pros
Independent environment
Cons
Compensation and benefits
21st Century
Refund Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Very stressful day to day basis. More work than employees was not a very friendly place because everyone was very stressed about working. They did not follow proper guidelines. Every other day we were dealing with media and stories about bankruptcy and law suits
Great Learning Environment
Staff Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 6, 2019
I got my career started with 21st Century Oncology on the west coast of Florida. The environment there is different from the east coast in that it is slightly more nurturing on the west coast. But the caliber of colleagues and the class of patients are similar on both coasts.
Staff accepting, management could care less about your thoughts and concerns.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 6, 2019
Management terrible at the myrtle beach office. Staff is accepting of new employees. But management, if you don’t click with THEM, look out. I was hired for a medical assistant position. Instead, put in transfer of medical records via copy paste system. Boring, for someone who works in patient care and labs. Was let go after a month because I did make a mistake. I stood my ground, I was hired as a medical assistant, which I’ve been doing for 15 yrs. I was not told I would be stuck in front of the computer transferring records. Fired anyways!
Pros
Great co workers, breaks, monthly lunch paid for by office, benefits and salary
Cons
If management don’t like you before they even know you. Very high turnover rate!
Productive, positive environment with well-rounded team members
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 6, 2019
I was attracted to 21co during my interview process. The individuals that interviewed me really stood out as compassionate and hardworking. They were very patient during the interview and we had a great conversation. Knowing that I would have been surrounded by genuine team members is what attracted me to this position. All of the team members are trustworthy and friendly. I enjoy my job and have a great support team to assist me along the way. I feel safe and secure in my building as well. Overall, 21co is an awesome environment. Working a job that I enjoy alongside great team members creates the ideal work environment.
Stressful
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 25, 2019
Do not work for this company. Poor management, no room for advancement, company doesn't care about the employees, over all just a bad company. Only care for themselves
Brief summ
Chart prep/Medical Records clerk (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 2, 2019
I work in a very busy practice. Sometimes the doctors see more than 100 patients per day. I love the people I work with. Most of my co-workers are very professional.
Poor Mgt.
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 27, 2018
This company does not invest in their employees. They are cheap and will try every way to not pay you what you deserve. This company is trying to rebrand themselves, however slogans and posters will do nothing unless you invest in your employees.
This is a poorly managed company. I would stay away if I could.
Pros
Your holiday bonus will be 100.00 pre tax
Cons
Poor pay, poor benefits, mgmt. Is clueless.
Fun work environment with great co-workers
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 27, 2018
Very fast pace and busy environment. Great management in office, but not to sure with corporate. Had a great learning experience with company. The most enjoyable part of working there was co-workers.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Health Insurance
Patients and co-workers are amazing but recognition needed.
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLDecember 13, 2018
The company helps heal patients but the work load continues to pile on when departments down size which is fine because the job is honoring but the pay stays the same even though more tasks are added.
Pros
help amazing patients
Cons
No recognition
Changes & Still No Progress
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 26, 2018
21C contains a lot of great people who truly care about what they do, yet they are miserable...This is due to poor management choices, out-dated applications to ensure efficiency of daily duties & lack of collaboration which leads to redundancy of efforts.
Pros
Great employees who care!
Cons
Low pay, inconsistency & very reactive environment
ok
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 12, 2018
Working for 21st Century Oncology is pretty okay. Has its ups and downs like most jobs. But its great when you can go to work and do what it is you one loves doing and that is helping out patients.
Pros
patients
Cons
managment
My office was a great place to work
William Letson, Jr. MD (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLNovember 6, 2018
I loved my patients and co workers. We worked as a team to help the patients get better mentally, physically, and emotionally. The hardest part of the job is that we find out our patients have a positive cancer sesult.
Wasn't told what I have been told since the interview
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 31, 2018
Was told what I was going to be offered is the cap, but they came back offering more when I got the job interview. Was told i would not be thrown to the wolves and would receive training and received none (jsink or swim) was just say at my desk and had to figure out everything by myself.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
poor training
Total chaos, loud and poorly managed. It smells like urine. Lack of work space for employees that results in turnover of employees.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 26, 2018
AUA is poorly managed Urological Facility. Patients' are herded like sheep and have no idea how poorly they're being cared for. Get em' in get em' out. Every patient booked for 15 minutes gets 7.5 minutes. It's sad when most of the patients' are elderly and quite sick. Make sure you are aware that this practice is owned and operated by 21 Century Oncology.
Greedy and stressful place to work
data entry clerk/medical biller (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 25, 2018
Snitches everywhere just waiting to pounce and throw someone under the bus to make themselves look good to management. Company looking to make money no matter what it takes.
Pros
Some good benefits, able to work over-time if you can get it approved
Cons
Constant revolving door of employees and too many "directors", poor communication between management and employees.
Horrible place
Administration (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 17, 2018
Do not work in the Bradenton location. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. They cannot keep staff. I quit due to drama the manager wants to fire everyone. The people that work there have no idea what they’re doing. The CFO was fired due to being thrown under the bus. Just super unprofessional. The staff at the clinic disrespectful to patients. Free lunch but the clinic staff talks super bad about everyone who goes and grabs food from the administration side. The WORST JOB experience ever. Overtime basically paid minimum wage under the table this place is horrible do not waste your time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything!