24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Graveyard shifts
Customer Service Representative Night (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2018
The graveyard shifts were easy. Fold towels all night and listen to music. Over the course of 4 months I only received one customer complaint, which was easily solved.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
terrible hours to work (graveyard)
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 25, 2018
Management is excellent. Scheduling is amazing. Work life is always positive. The experience I gained here is priceless. Working and helping individuals in their health journey was a blessing.
Customer service baised company with a focus on health and wellness of the members as well as team members
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2018
I loved working for 24 Hour Fitness. If there was a 24 in the area my family and I just recently moved to I would of transferred.
There was always a huge focus on training and development for all team members.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
No 24 HF in Iows
24 Hour FItness Life
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 23, 2018
Most stressful part of the job is maintaining clients.
What I enjoyed about 24 Hour Fitness various people that i had the pleasure of working with.
The work place culture is fun because you socialize, workout, and teach what you love to motivated members.
The career advancement is not good.
My social skills and my interpersonal communication improved.
Pros
relationships with people
Cons
Career advancement
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 23, 2018
I loved working as a sales rep, and more as a trainer. The company does have some flaws as a whole but it can be a great place to work and develop as a person. I wouldn't recommend going in with notions of fairness, due to the invisible policies they have. It can be daunting sometimes.
Pros
pay, food, training, advancement
Cons
depends on club, competitiveness, lack of results or fair compensation for trainers
Not the best place to work at.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 23, 2018
Huge turnover, management doesn't care. Horrible working environment, threatened more than once about job security. No matter what you do for them or how you help them, everyone only cares about themselves. Managers want you to produce them the clientele so they can receive bonus checks without delivering promises. Promises never delivered. Management is either A. Childish or B. power hungry. There's great people but there's also a reason it has such a huge turnover rate. Management is a joke!
Pros
free membership
It's a fun, fast-paced environment to work in where you have a lot of support and are always learning.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 23, 2018
It's a great place to work if you like people. I have had the opportunity to cross-train, as well as work hours in my preferred position. Management is very flexible and it's never a bad time coming into work. The most difficult part of the position is probably working with the public. Sometimes that can be very difficult. Otherwise, It has actually been a very enjoyable job. I enjoy people. The company culture is outstanding. I highly recommend.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No cons
Gym
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMay 22, 2018
Had a fantastic training program for new employees focused on training individuals to move to the next level. When Forestman Little took over and pushed the founder out the culture changed for the worse.
Paid for Group Fitness pre-choreographed formats
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2018
The best part was having Zumba, Bodypump, etc paid for. Teaching multiple formats starts to add up. LIke most gyms, its all about the numbers. You need to have that minimum amount in your class or they will cancel. Sometimes they only give 3 months to build a class, that can be difficult.
Pros
Pays for pre-choreographed formats
Cons
Its all about the class numbers
Sales
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Personal trainer jobs are based on how well you can sell your product, aka your training services. If you know what you are doing and can show it, you can make plenty of money
great company culture
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Super company. Low hourly rate. High threshold. Low traffic. The company culture is holistic and progressive. Supportive sales teams geared towards changing lives for longevity and overall wellness. I highly recommend the company to sales or marketing students, who want a solid foundation to learn a high pressure sales environment.
not that good
Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 19, 2018
love the members. loved being able to workout on my lunch time. did not receive benefits. the manager at the time was very unfriendly to the workouts and really did not care about your feeling at all
Great place
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 17, 2018
No paid vacation unless you're a manager. Laid back management, flexible work hours, lots of business. Can pass a full 8 hour day (even 10 hours) very quickly (lots of things to do). Huge opportunity for advancement and loads of support. Mainly sales driven, moderate to high amounts of pressure.
Pros
discounts, free membership, fun coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons
no paid vacation
Workplace culture
Certified Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 16, 2018
Typical day requires hourly management of scheduling, talking with members during their workouts, leading clients through customized workouts, and creating programs for members.
Pros
Free food once a month
Cons
Healthcare, benefits
24 Hour Fitness
Membership Manager/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working at 24 - my co workers were great, it was a fun environment and kept me motivated to stay fit. There was not a lot of opportunity to make a lot of money they don't make it easy with the commission compensation but other than that I really enjoyed working there
Very cutthroat company
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 15, 2018
Once new management took over the quality of the product dramatically declined. The management only cared about the numbers and our customer service showed that much.
Pros
work in a gym
Cons
terrible management
Goal Driven and fun enviroment
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 12, 2018
Responsible for front office duties including opening, providing a welcoming environment, checking in clients, processing payments, stocking supplements, and assisting with membership sales.
Performing front office duties such as kiosk guest check-ins, preparing and reviewing for group X classes, scheduling fitness orientation appointments, performing cashier duties, all while achieving 8 or more leads per shift.
relaxed job doesnt judge for tattoos
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  fontana, caMay 12, 2018
i would get to work around 1:00pm clock in and do a team clean. Make 50 phone calls then stand at the front desk and ask for family add on's to their account. I learned how to run a company from a business point of view, looking at business revenue and statistics. Work place culture is a lot of teenagers working and isn't really professional. The hardest part of the job is how to manage employees due to their age. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping members find the right fitness trainer.
Cons
no promotions
24 hour fitness work summery
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2018
I enjoy working for 24 hour fitness due to working with diversity, working as a team, and the benefits of the company, and enjoy assisting members. Customer service is my favorite part of the job.
great place to learn how to up sell
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAMay 11, 2018
working at 24 hour fitness taught me confidence with talking to members making phone calls and being determined to close every sale i made while working there i learned to up sell memberships and get them what they wanted and also what the company wanted
Pros
free membership
Cons
late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight