24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 2,328 reviews matching the search See all 2,336 reviews
Mediocre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2019
I was never one to desire being employed at a gym. I’ve always much rather just workout; however, as a homeless teen in New York it was a phenomenal opportunity to take showers without being judged.
fun
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJanuary 15, 2019
working at 24 hour was really enjoyable. The staff and clients are really friendly, the job perks are excellent. The clients are what made the job more enjoyable
Fun place to work but poor hourly pay
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Great culture with like minded people striving to better themselves physically. The pay rate for the hourly positions was poor and the schedules were meant to put employees right at 39 hours so they're essentially full time but don't qualify for benefits.
good Experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I had a great time working for 24HR Fitness. Management and Staff were very encouraging and supportive of one another. Their are patient while instructing you on your fitness journey.
Pros
beautiful Location
Cons
N/a
Great Atmosphere
Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2019
Loved working here. They enjoy promoting from within and you can move up quickly provided you don't mind driving to different locations. You can get bored if you don't keep yourself busy but as with any other job, there are enough make work projects.
The main downside is that every position seems to be tied into sales. If sales doesn't do a good enough job, no one gets bonuses and hours are cut for everyone.
Pros
free membership, good people, promotion abilities, discounts on training and retail
Cons
can be slow and boring
Fun
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 13, 2019
Great place to work. But it's hard to get to know people at times because there is a lot of turn over. Hours can sometimes change suddenly. Everyone is super friendly.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Hours change suddenly
Low pay for 12 years of service
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawaii Kai, HIJanuary 13, 2019
For 12 years of service, my pay was lower than new technicians just starting. Poor management and hostile work environment. Company doesn’t want to invest In the existing club’s budgets.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
Poor pay. Hostile work environment.
Great work environment In club
Annonymous (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2019
24 hour fitness once was great. In the last couple years all they care about is cash profit to satisfy investors. They pretend to care about Member experience and team member experience. HR over involved in operation of company. The CEO is a joke. Runs around country on company money taking group exercise classes and gives ZERO support to any other aspect of business. 24 Hour fitness pays lower than all other fitness companies and expects more from club leadership And has taken all the ammo away for giving the GREAT experience and service members as they deserve. Politics have gotten deeply embedded into the culture there. Many tenured GMs and DMs have left 24 because of their direction is headed in wrong way. They care more about cash than quality
Pros
Great atmosphere in club
Cons
Corporate leadership killing company
really fun
service representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJanuary 12, 2019
24 Hour Fitness was a fun competitive place to work at. the people are there to reach goals and seek positive energy and motivation. the team members are really fun to work with too.
Pros
free membership
Cons
cut hours
na
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland, TXJanuary 11, 2019
A typical day ... call and confirm appointment. Generate new leads. Set up new appointment for that day or next day. Try to sale membership and personal training.
Educational
Service Representative/GX Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Working at 24 will educate you on health and wellness and give you an opportunity to work on yourself and give out to the community as well. Free membership was great!
Pros
membership perks
Cons
low pay
Health related work place with is enjoyable to me.
Marketing/Trainer/Groups Exercise Instructor (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 9, 2019
I liked working with most of the staff and management team. I really enjoyed working and teaching clients about health and fitness. I learned that I had the ability to affect people interested in health and fitness in a positive way.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Low pay for what I did
Fun work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Great customer service, fun and friendly work encoring. Always making sure customers are well taken care of, flexible hours and work schedule. Amazing work pace.
Fun productive full filling
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 8, 2019
I loved working for this company. The only reason I left is because of relocating out of footprint. The members were fun and the employees and management was fantastic. It made it fun to go to work.
Fun environment - hours and pay are not worth staying for
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 7, 2019
Fun environment - hours, benefits and pay are not worth staying for
Not a bad place to work if you have a good GM but changes happen often and 24 doesnt promote based on quality of leader, instead based on who the hiring manager has a better friendship with
Pros
Fun work environment, no stress, some good mangers
Cons
Cost for Benefits, Pay, Hard to advance
Friendly Staff
Front Desk/ Kids Club (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 6, 2019
I love the atmosphere of working at 24. The staff is fun and friendly. I love the long time members. Management is good right now. The turn around is very high, however the pay for as many years that I have been employed with the company is not good. I am making the same amount of pay as a new hire who just started a week ago.

I think 24 should give their employees incentives and a higher employee discount. Show employees how much they are appreciated. A little token goes a long way. We used to get commission for selling items in the pro shop and that was taken away years ago. You want us to meet sales goals, yet there are no bonuses or commission for non management. A little commission will help those a lot for those who make minimum wage.

There is a chance for advancement within the company if you choose to take advantage of the promotions.

I do not get a break or q chance to use the restroom when I am working the closing shift. There is no one else working in the club at that time. I am alone so no breaks. Not being able to sit at the front desk when its super slow is no good. Its hard on your feet when you have to stand for 4 to 5 hours at a time. I think a chair should be available when it is not busy. Padded mats are not even provided to stand on. This would help relieve a lot of stress on the feet and legs.
Pros
free membership.
Cons
Do not get breaks. not able to sit at the front desk.
My job was great, my boss was terrible
MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoyed my job in the beginning but once I switched managers, I started to dread going into work. I was expected to hit unrealistic goals and cold call all day.
Wasn't for me
Kids Club Supervisor/Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 3, 2019
Just be sure you know your managers and their background. You'll be surprised who they let run the place. I would advise to go in and do your job. Do not do more than your job description.
Fun and exciting fast paced work environment
Front Desk Managment (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I loved this job. Though it didn't pay much the free membership made it all worth it. I lost 40 pounds working here and met some cool people. Trainers would devote a few minutes here and there to insure that youre properly using the equipment.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Some members can become irate so never take things personal
Must be passionate and flexible to survive
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Position was pretty challenging. A great team is critical. Many managers tend to do a lot of the work themselves rather relying on associates.

You will be on call 24/7 as call outs are frequent and you will be expected to cover.

Management pushed unrealistic goals with minimal resources (staff, budget, time) to achieve them.

Must have a great GM to set the tone. Accountabilty and work ethic is needed from the top down.

An overhall of company policy and procedure is needed
Pros
Free membership, uniform, will learn a lot about fitness, can be fun at times
Cons
on call 24 hours, unreasonable work schedule, pay not in line with position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

5.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss