24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,055 reviews matching the search See all 2,063 reviews
Great Place with Great People
Member Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 16, 2018
Best Company I've ever worked for. Great mindset to help people improve their lives through fitness and very member-centric when it comes to policies.
Growth within company
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2018
Great company for growth and a free gym membership is always nice . Can move up fast and you learn a lot about great leadership skills In the company .
Fun atmosphere working with children
Kids Club Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 13, 2018
Children seemed to have a blast and having the opportunity to make the best of their time at 24 Hour Fitness was worth the minimum wage. The environment was clean and in good working condition. The staff seemed to be under-trained. Management in the childcare department could have been improved.
Pros
fun job working with children
Cons
Staffing problems
easy job
KIDS CLUB ATTENDANT/SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2018
you have to stand a lot, basically all day. you get paid every two weeks which is kind of a bummer and pay is minimum wage and terrible hours, you get about 8 hours a week
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAJuly 10, 2018
I love fitness and this place allowed me to share my talents

Go in 7 am- Train 6 clients- Go home
LEarned time management
Fitness Culture
Getting your own clients
Being creative
great work place
Service Representative /Sales/ Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 9, 2018
I did a little of everything working for 24, i loved my co workers and such a fun and motivating environment to be at.
management was great and worked a lot with my schedule availability and with skills in management.
Pros
great schedule flexibility
Dont waste your time
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXJuly 6, 2018
Management moved to 100% commission. Cant keep staff to save their lives in membership or training. Only want to push their "life changing" packages and screw over the person working their butts off to provide it.
Fun
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2018
Fun place to teach classes and meet friends. I wouldn't think about making this a career for teaching but it is definitely somewhere to let loose and have fun.
stepping stone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJuly 5, 2018
I was only here for a small amount of time but learned enough before I left and moved to better opportunities. I wish I could've moved through the company quicker but I did receive offers I couldn't turn down.
Not well
Personal Trainer Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 2, 2018
Fantastic, enjoyed while they were there. When it changed, however, it' dynamic did as well..I have pretty much said all is necessary..To say what else is necessary, I had fantastic managers and supervisors, even the evening staff was kind (I trained at 4am). I have absolutelutely no complaints . Would love to be a part of the team again but I understand protocol. Best of health to your future clients, call if you ever would like my help!
Unfair
Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 2, 2018
It's all about who you know. If you're not in good terms with the management they will not promote you even if you are hitting the numbers. If you want to advance must work night shifts.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
No Future
Good learning experience and culture
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 30, 2018
A typical day at work would include calling all leads, setting appointments for future dates, getting as many referrals as possible, touring guests, and selling as many membership contracts as I can. I learned how to read potential clients and how to close deals. The management there is decent but there have been some issues with employees that have made current employees no longer want to work there. Being that it's a gym everyone there is trying to better their lives and it is a fun open environment. The hardest part is trying to meet sales goals when there aren't many people coming in. The most enjoyable part was helping those who are trying to turn their life around and take control of their health status.
not a good place to work long term
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  18825 bear valley rd Apple Valley, CA 92308June 29, 2018
24 hour fitness was one of my first jobs and I believe that's all it is good for. There was much room for growth or promotion and little incentive to even try.
Pros
easy job
Cons
dead end
Easy going work place
Service Representative Lead (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJune 29, 2018
Really easy job not too much or hard at all. A lot of standing on your feet and watching the front doors. Management is not good though. He lack determination.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Poor management
Very Family oriented workplace
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 29, 2018
Group fitness instructors are only at the gym a coupe of days a week for very little hours, but typicall a day just consists of interacting with members, and of course guiding them through a safe effective workout
Pros
always meet new people, free gym membership, workout gets done
Cons
no healt benefits as an instructor
Fun and active work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 28, 2018
The workplace culture represents a healthy active lifestyle. As a membership counselor, you are constantly motivating people to purchase the membership for the benefit of their health and personal goals.
Pros
Friendly active employees
Cons
health care
CEO is Awesome!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 28, 2018
CEO, Chris Russuos is a Leader, however his message is not being delivered by his field leadership team. Field leadership needs to be shaken up. Focus on Cleaning, not sales tricks aka "Hard Closer".
Pros
Discounted Personal Training sessions
Cons
24 hour operation, General Manager must cover overnight shifts that become open.
First Personal Training Job
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2018
If you are looking to start your career in personal training, this is a good place to get your feet wet. You'll get fed some clients but will most likely have to build your own clientele. No benefits for trainers, except for commissions which can be low, depends what you're looking for.
Great Company
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJune 26, 2018
I worked in Apple, Valley, CA and I truly loved it all! The environment, the people, the job it self. I was sad to move out of an area that had this gym.
Its Its something
Service representative (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJune 25, 2018
It has it's slow and fast days. It's a pretty simple job the most you'd have to lear. Is navigate through programs that make your life easier. Free membership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight