24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 2,407 reviews matching the search See all 2,417 reviews
Trainer or salesman?
Certified Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 25, 2019
I get there is some sales involved in training, especially for a corporation. But I didnt get 2 certifications in training just to be a salesman This is 70% pressure sales and 30% training. Gets tiring after awhile always having the managers at your throat. Even had a sales manager tell me to tell a client to cancel her cable or get rid of her cell phone so she can have the money to sign up for training. Some of these managers need to get a life. I loved training when i could though and free membership and working out there was great
Fun environment to work in
Service Representative Lead (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 24, 2019
The gym is great ,the people are awesome, but the benefits could be better. 24 has taught me a lot about fitness and I’ve learned so much about myself through this business.
Pros
Free membership friendly environment
Cons
Psyt
High turnover
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 23, 2019
There is high turnover at 24 mostly because of how tha company treats its employees. They give very little hours unless they are short staffed. They also make it difficult to call in sick, they make you find someone to cover your shift when I believe that should be that managers job.
Pros
Fun coworkers, free gym membership
Cons
Low pay, few hours
Good place.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLMarch 23, 2019
Fast paced, great staff at times, no benefits, vacation days for full time staff, many hours available to work, free membership, ability to move up in company.
Management is the key to making it or breaking it here
Kid's Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80525March 22, 2019
If you have a poor manager, welcome to chaos
Barely got recognition as a hard working employee, the customers said we did our jobs great more than my manager
It’s a good place if you’re a student
Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAMarch 21, 2019
Make sure your schedule is kind of open if you go to school they will try to work around your school schedule. They have full time and part time work depending on what you what to do.
Pros
It’s a good place to if you are going to school
Cons
They do not take care of there everyday employees
Great Place to work!
Facility Manager/Facility Tech (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 20, 2019
Great place to work, flexible schedules, 401k Match, good pay. One of the most team oriented places I have every worked. Full staff parking or parking passes.
Pros
Free gym membership.
Cons
Corporate Managers make you feel you have to take transfers.
You get what you put into it.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 20, 2019
you get what you put into it, I didn't have very much availability so I didn't get as much as I could have out of it. Everyone I worked with was incredibly supportive though and it was a great atmosphere.
Productive, Fitness, Sales, Customer Focus
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2019
My experience with 24 Hour Fitness has been a great journey. A typical day at 24 is fun, highly fitness focused, and educational at best. I've learned a great deal about fitness, wellness, and business during my work journey with 24 Hour Fitness. The culture is fun and very fitness-interactive. Overall, 24 Hour Fitness is a great company to work for and for those who are passionate about people, fitness, and encouragement, the company offers this and more.
24 Hour Fitness
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2019
It is a good place to start a career. Although, advancing as a personal trainer is almost impossible The job is challenging. The work environment is not ideal. Always drama.
Great job
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 20, 2019
24 hour fitness was a good job to start off with yes there werepros and con's but its good job plus you get free membership I worked there for for two years and I did like it and i didn't want to quit but I had to move away and couldn't make the 40 minute drive.
Better pay would bring more energy
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 20, 2019
Although the atmosphere in the gym was amazing, pay day was a whole lot less attractive. The job is smooth and relaxed but still asks of you to output mentally, physically and emotionally when dealing with so many personalities and the wages don’t match the demand.
Unhappy team members
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 19, 2019
It's all about sales and the bottom line. They switch their club structure in many areas and eliminated my position which I had work hard to be promoted to over the 2 1/2 year period.Promoted all the Sales Managers to Asst GM but demoted the Operations. Really unfair place to work focusing on favoritism and the good old boy network. It's fine if you are going to college and need a fun job but other than that the path you take is chosen by GM's and DM's & HR depending upon where they need you. No full time excepti for GM's and AGM's. I went from full-time to barely part-time but hey I got the same pay except for my bonuses and the other 32 hours I used to get a month. Good luck
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Too many to list
Easy Job
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 18, 2019
On a day to day basis work was easy. It's boring when you have nothing to do. Ive been in this company for a year and worked at multiple locations. I must say the Ontario location is by far the worst one I've worked at. Management is trash and play favorites.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Pay isn't for someone who have bills to pay
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 17, 2019
I did work for 24 Hour fitness but it was thru Sitel. Both companies are alright to work for.
Higher management needed work while I was there however I believe the majority of those problems were handled.
24 Hour fitnesss
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 17, 2019
I Worked here when I was 16, and 17. I honestly do not know if they offered health benefits and PTO, it was just a fun job for me then. I enjoyed the environment and the staff very much. it was an easy job not a lot of money for all the tasks I was doing, but I enjoyed it. great teen job
Fast paced workplace. Have to be very physical to work in this field of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2019
The bi-weekly salary and work hours never matched to the amount of work put out by me so I asked for a raise after 5-6 months there and I was turned down. The result of being turned down a pay raise made me seek a higher education.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Short break, long work hours, No motivation
Energetic Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 13, 2019
A day filled with helping people meet their health and workout goals. What I have learned is the proper way to workout and what it takes to make your exercising goals a reality. Its a fun place to work because you get to meet a lot of interesting people who come to workout. The hardest part of my job is telling members when a piece of equipment is out of order but don't know exactly when it will get fixed. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know some of the members on a daily basis and helping them reach their goals.
Pros
Free Gym Membership with employment
Cons
No pay increases without going into management
Competitive Work environment with a productictive atmosphere
MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 12, 2019
There is a pressure to perform at a high level, yet it is comfortable to be surrounded by those who are competing/ working with you. Due to not being commission based, you don't view your other co-workers as competition, but more as a well rounded team.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Stressful at times
not the job i want
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOMarch 12, 2019
The job isn't bad but i was young so i didn't no much and i got bored to fast and i didn't see my self there that long. I've learn a lot through working with the people i met.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 24 Hour Fitness.

Powered by Comparably