24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 2,145 reviews matching the search See all 2,153 reviews
24 Hour Fitness
Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 15, 2018
As a Kid's Club Attendant, you work all alone and pretty much only talk to the kids you're watching and the parents of the kids for a minute at a time while they're checking their kids in and out.
September 18, 2018

We are so happy that you are part of the team and thanks for providing your feedback! It's nice to see that you're enjoying your time as a 24 Hour Fitness Team Member. Providing a clean and well maintained club environment is one of our core values. We have established operational procedures to ensure our team and club members have a positive fitness experience. We would love to hear any additional feedback you have. We recommend reaching out to your Manger or HR Manager to discuss this situation. If you prefer to send us an email, however, we would love to hear more from you at Careers@24hourfit.com. Thank you for being a valued member of the team!

Energetic Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 14, 2018
-works well with good management
-high energy
-adapt pa
-patience working with angry members
-promotes healthy lifestyles
-promotes fitness
-selling inventory
-maintaining a clean facility
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Corporate
September 18, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and hope you're happy with what you are currently doing. We mare glad to see that you had a positive experience as a member of our team. Motivating and inspiring team members is one of our core values. We are focused on ensuring our team members have a positive work experience and are continuously exploring ways to improve our team member experience. Send us an email at Careers@24hourfit.com as we would love to hear more from you on how we can do better. Thank you again for reaching out.

Great Place
Customer Service Representative - Front Desk (Current Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 12, 2018
High energy and great place to work. If you are interested in advancing your career there, most of the management would be happy to help you along the way.
September 18, 2018

Thank you for reaching out and your continued dedication to the team! We pride ourselves in helping our team develop the tools needed to advance their career. The continued advancement of our team members is important to our company. Our learning and development programs are designed to assist our team members succeed in their current positions and prepare for future advancement. Please let us know more about your situation. We recommend reaching out to your Manger or HR Manager to discuss this situation. If you prefer to send us an email, however, we would love to hear more from you at Careers@24hourfit.com. Thanks again for reaching out and for being a part of the 24 Hour Fitness team!

24 hour
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
They were great for the two years that I was there they met my expectations as an employer and i received a raise each year. I enjoyed my time there the people were pleasant and the environement is always busy.
September 18, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and hope that you are happy with what you are doing. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time as a member of our team. We strive to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to succeed and grow. We are dedicated to providing the necessary tools and resources to assist employees with their development. We would love to hear more from you on how we can do better. Send us an email at Careers@24hourfit.com anytime. Thank you for the time you spent as a member of our team!

Bad Management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Industry, CASeptember 11, 2018
The people are great. You'll always have a team that feels like family. What's really bad is the management, there isn't any morals and it would feel bad working with a boss like that.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
September 18, 2018

Thanks for reaching out and we hope you are happy with what you are currently doing. Sorry that you had concerns with your leadership while a team member. We are dedicated to ensuring our leadership team has the appropriate tools and resources to effectively lead their teams. We would love to hear more from you on how we can do better. Send us an email at Careers@24hourfit.com anytime. Thank you for the time you spent with 24 Hour Fitness.

Stressful, Do Not Reccomend
Service Expert (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Easy to understand work, slow paced environment, terrible scheduling of hours, not enough advancement to move up in the company, low pay/ minimum wage,
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
30 min luch, min wage jobs
September 18, 2018

We value you and appreciate your feedback so thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear that you're not enjoying your time as a member of our team. We understand that pay and benefits is important to our team members and regularly review these areas to ensure competitiveness. Please let us know more about your situation. We recommend reaching out to your Manger or HR Manager to discuss this situation. If you prefer to send us an email, however, we would love to hear more from you at Careers@24hourfit.com. Thank you for your continued dedication to the team.

Amazing l
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 10, 2018
Loved the team at 24 hour ! The enviornment was great ! It was always fun building new relationships with the members and with the kids ! I just loved it
September 18, 2018

Thank you for reaching out and we hope you are happy with what you are currently doing. It's great o hear how much you enjoyed your time as a 24 Hour Fitness Team Member! We strive to provide a healthy, happy work environment that rewards our employee’s strengths and helps them achieve their full potential. This is an ongoing effort that we are committed to achieving. Please, send us an email at Careers@24hourfit.com with any additional feedback as we'd love to hear more from you. Thank you for the time you spent with the 24 Hour Team!

I loved the gym, So I thought it would be a good place to work
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
The gym is nice and working with people is always good. I was able to workout for free on my off days and times. And I got to know my community. I didnt see that there was much growth in the company and the pay is subpar.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for the time you spent with 24 Hour Fitness. As a company we are focused on ensuring our team members have a positive work experience and continuously look for ways to improve our work environment. We love to hear how being at work made you feel part of your community, that is awesome! We are sorry you did not see that there was growth for you within the company. The continued advancement of our team members is important to our company. Our learning and development programs are designed to assist our team members succeed in their current positions and prepare for future advancement. If you would like to share additional feedback of your time spent working at 24 Hour Fitness please email Careers@24hourfit.com.

Fun work place if you enjoy working with kids.
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Fun work place, however you are left alone in the kids club. Not much interaction with other employees except for when you clock in and out. If you enjoy working with kids then it is a fun job.
Pros
flexible scheduling, working alone
Cons
limited hours, little interaction with other employees.
September 10, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and the time spent working for 24 Hour Fitness. Nice to hear you found 24 Hour a fun place to work. Not having much interaction with your fellow team members can be hard and we appreciate you mentioning this as it directly correlates to us wanting to ensure team members have a positive work experience. This is an area we can look to improve and we appreciate your feedback or suggestions to make it better. Please email Careers@24hourfit.com.

The work of 2 people for minimum wage, we expect top performance!
Sales Advisor/Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kew Gardens, NYSeptember 8, 2018
Its fun to work at a gym when the flow is right, unfortunately the corporate aspect of this job ruins the philosophy behind this field. Being understaffed means having to cover for others and wearing multiple hats (service team, and even studio class instructor, management as well), the micromanagement can be overbearing especially considering how unrealistic the sales goals can be at times. Overall the company, I believe, is to concerned with numbers and meeting quotas, so much so that it has undermined the quality of service it offers as well as employee moral. Too much hard selling YUCK!
Pros
Free gym acess and great networking opportunities
Cons
Short breaks super micromanagement poor compensation favoritism poor communication hard selling
September 10, 2018

We value you and appreciate your feedback of how we can do better as a company. We understand how frustrating it can be when you are understaffed and the additional work that falls on the team members, thank you for your dedication and continuing to strive to ensure a great experience for our members. We strive to offer competitive pay that rewards our employees and encourages them to perform at their best. We are committed to providing an environment of growth and success for our employees. The company provides a number of programs designed to help employees reach their career goals. We recommend reaching out to your Manger or HR Manager to discuss this situation. If you prefer to send us an email, however, we would love to hear more from you at Careers@24hourfit.com.

Want to know more about 24 Hour Fitness?

Ask a question
Working in a gym promotes a very fun healthy lifestyle.
Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 7, 2018
A typical day at work would normally start with a cup of coffee in the break room. Later most likely stocking or unpacking boxes with new merchandise. End the day by double checking everything was checked in and unpacked and then clock out. I learned a lot about fitness and I met a lot of really cool people from different walks of life, I also learned different views on life. Management was awesome very easy going while still enforcing a productive work environment. The hardest art of the job was honestly not being paid enough, overall its a great job. But it is a job where you'll have to move up as quickly as possible. The atmosphere is the best part of the job, promotes healthy eating and a healthy overall lifestyle.
Pros
Flexible with your schedule.
Cons
They do not pay well.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for the time you spent with 24 Hour Fitness. Sounds like your days went really fast and we appreciate getting a view into your day to day. We are focused on ensuring our team members have a positive work experience and continuously look for ways to improve our work environment. We would love to hear more from you on how we can do better, please email Careers@24hourfit.com.

Hi
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2018
Great place to work I couldn’t be more excited than to help people find a gym membership that helps them achieve their goals it’s an amazing place to be so happy Yes
September 10, 2018

We are so happy that you are part of the team and appreciate your dedication. We strive to provide a healthy, happy work environment that rewards our employee’s strengths and helps them achieve their full potential. This is an ongoing effort that we are committed to achieving. We would love to hear more from you on what is working great and how we can do better, please email Careers@24hourfit.com.

The Harvard of the gym world.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Work hard and produce and all eyes will be on you. Advancement is hard due to the constant turnover rate in all positions, company hires majority of external candidates to fill managing roles due to lack of training and development by management.
Pros
If you work hard they pay well
Cons
No work life balance
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your continued dedication to the team. The continued advancement of our team members is important to our company. Our learning and development programs are designed to assist our team members succeed in their current positions and prepare for future advancement. We recommend reaching out to your Manger or HR Manager to discuss this situation. If you prefer to send us an email, however, we would love to hear more from you at Careers@24hourfit.com.

Fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Gym members were fun to see everyday losing weight and reaching their goals. The best part of working here is when you wanted to work out you simply clocked out and changed clothes and you were ready to go!!
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
high turn over for club manager
September 10, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and the time that was spent working for 24 Hour Fitness. It is great to see our members reaching the goals they have set and knowing that you are a part of the journey! Plus you are correct who doesn't love being able to just change clothes and work out, no excuse to miss that workout. We would love to hear more about your time and ways we can improve, please email Careers@24hourfit.com.

Intro to Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Castle Hills, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Its a very good place to help build your foundations in sales, team members are very good at letting you learn from mistakes and not necessarily being "baptized by fire."
You really do feel like you are more then just an employee working there.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your continued dedication to the team. We strive to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to succeed and grow. We are dedicated to providing the necessary tools and resources to assist employees with their development.

Everything was good except for pay and management
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 4, 2018
I’m not going to lie, I genuinely enjoyed working there. Until my hours started getting cut to accommodate new people that were coming in... I’m all for people getting hired but I didn’t think it was fair that I was there for over a year and my hours suddlent started getting cut because they hired new people. The managers make it seem like you have to follow every single rule or else you’ll get terminated but when you want to enforce the rules and enforcing the rules could potentially lose them money, they forget that there were ever any rules to follow. Working with the kids was great, and that’s what made it really hard to leave but getting paid $7.25 didn’t seem like good pay, especially since your job had to do with watching over children from 6 months old to 12. It’s a good job for a high school student but not for someone who has bills to pay.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Low pay
September 10, 2018

Thank you for the time you spent with 24 Hour Fitness. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working at the club. Plus your role is so important to ensure our members with children can have a stress free workout. Providing a safe, professional working environment is very important to us. We care about the well-being of our employees. If you can provide us with more details in terms of losing hours and the lack of rule enforcement, we will look into the issue. Please email us at Careers@24hourfit.com.

Great working staff
Lead Service representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 4, 2018
The staff I worked with were great everyone really worked to make everyone that walked into the gym great, and happy. The corp. managers needed to get better numbers and sales. Went through 2 different General managers and 2 different asst. Mangers and it went down here from there.
Pros
Great staff, made people feel great for coming in.
Cons
No benefits
September 10, 2018

Thank you for the time you spent with 24 Hour Fitness and taking the time to send us your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the turnover you experienced at the GM and assistant manager level. We are committed to providing an environment of growth and success for our employees. We provide a number of programs designed to help employees reach their career goals. As we believe in fostering and engaging a friendly work environment. Our employees’ ability to work happy is critical to our success. Plus it makes a great environment for our members as well. If you can provide us with more detail on the turnover you went through it will allow us to deep dive the issue, please email us at Careers@24hourfit.com.

Good beginner trainer job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 3, 2018
Need to be willing to spend a lot of time there in order to be successful. Low pay. Good opportunity and experience for those seeking a career as a trainer
Pros
They hand you clients at times
September 4, 2018

Thank you for reaching out and we hope you are happy with what you are currently doing. We understand that pay and benefits is important to our team members and regularly review these areas to ensure competitiveness. We would love to hear more from you on how we can do better. Send us an email at Careers@24hourfit.com with any further feedback you may have. Thank you for the time you spent with 24 Hour Fitness.

Strict
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CASeptember 2, 2018
Rude manager . The coworkers were nice. The kids were funny but the job was too strict on safety. The rules deterred me from doing my job and creating a fun environment for the children
Pros
People
Cons
Manager
September 4, 2018

Thank you for reaching out regarding your time as a 24 Hour Fitness team member. Sorry that you felt there were to many guidelines when it came to safety. Providing a safe, professional working environment is very important to us. We have established operational procedures to ensure our team and club members have a positive fitness experience. If you can provide us with more details, we will look into these issues. Send us an email at Careers@24hourfit.com anytime. Thank you for reaching out.

Nice place
Front Desk Representative/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 31, 2018
This Particular job is honestly on point, respectful, and if you just need to make money this is the job, youll honestly have a good interaction with regular laid back type of job.
Pros
easy
Cons
sometimes you got to deal with the nude and weird questions
September 4, 2018

Thanks for reaching out, we appreciate your feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time as a 24 Hour Fitness team member. Providing a clean and well maintained club environment is one of our core values. We have established operational procedures to ensure our team and club members have a positive fitness experience. Send us an email at Careers@24hourfit.com with any additional feedback you may have. Thank you for the time you spent with 24 Hour Fitness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

5.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss