24 Hour Fitness
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Working as a Customer Service Representative at 24 Hour Fitness: Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative530 reviews

Found 530 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,225 reviews

24 Hour Fitness insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Simple job made difficult by very poor management.

Working as a Service Representative isn't difficult. The management of 24 Hour Fitness make it a stressful environment for no logic reasoning. They seem to have a misguided approach to how they carry themselves and interact with members. Treating a gym similar to a car dealership more than what you would think of from a gym.

Pros

Simple job

Cons

Stressful management.

Fun workplace

If you’re looking for a fun part time job with the benefit of a free gym membership, have at it! The coworkers are always great and the customers are fun! Management is different at every location. Some bad some good, the personal trainers are always a blast to talk to

Pros

Free gym membership fun coworkers

Cons

Short hours and pay

Okay

If you want a free gym membership, work here! There is really nothing else to offer. People that work here are always leaving, unless you are a manager.

Pros

Membership

Cons

Pay, benefits, Hr, managers, hours, no work-life balance.

Not the best

This is good as a first job for someone young, just needing a little extra money. For the labor/requirements of the job position, the money isn’t worth it.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Low pay, have to stand for entire shift - can’t be seated

Great Place to Work

Loved my time here at 24. Once your in the company you can move around as you wish picking up shifts at other clubs and such so a part time job can turn full time easy. Perfect place for a youngster. You will make a lot of friends and hook up with girls easily. Free membership— I got jacked working here! I started doing graveyard and eventually moved into service/sales. I used to sell the heck out of the supplements and became kind of a local celebrity lol. I worked at so many 24’s. Orange, Buena Park, Yorba Linda, Whittier, Santa Fe Springs. Needless to say I got around. Such a chill vibe/work environment. Only down side is the pay.

Pros

Chicks, Free Membership/ Get Jacked!

Cons

Pay

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Fun people to work with and a chance to work up the latter if you like to

Worked with a lot of fun people, however the management was poor and so was the training and directions. The directions would change daily and you could never do right.

Pros

Fun people, paid sick days and vacation days after working there for awhile

Cons

Poor upper management, very corporate culture

It's Okay

As my first job, it was okay but it is not a place to try and advance in the company unfortunately. There was also micromanagement at the location I worked at since they wanted us front desk representatives to sell supplements but there was a supplement store next to us with better prices so we often didn't make sales.

Pros

Good to talk to gym members and coworkers on the same shift.

Cons

Short/no breaks

ggood place

this place is good to work if you wanna see how a gym is ran with no experience. very sales oriented. no pay raise as front desk associate and it was minimum wage so that sucked.

Mundane tasks, unnecessary complications, and strict management made for a low value work experience.

You'd think it'd be fun working at a gym, well, not 24! There was never a non-dull moment working behind the counter, whether it was checking in a slow flow of guests, picking up towels, or navigating the complex account system, I can't ever remember enjoying work. The system they use to check people in could easily be automated, but when there is a problem, it's so convoluted that it seems it was designed to suck the life force out of users. In my opinion, much of the behind the scenes stuff seemed very unethical, and I wouldn't ever want to be a member at this gym unless money was not an issue at all. But if it's not an issue, there are many better options anyways, so there's really no reason to go to 24. Most members didn't realize this until a problem popped up in their account, then I had to be the one to mitigate. It was a battle on both fronts, one with a frustrated member, and the other with an outdated and poorly designed computer system. On another note, the management was pretty strict, but probably under the corporate thumb. It's unfortunate they've brought large chain business tactics to the gym environment, because a gym is meant to be upbeat, exciting, lighthearted, and just overall fun. You can get that with privately owned or smaller gyms where they're not prioritizing profits ahead of their employees and customers quality of life. In conclusion, this job is fit for a very small amount of people; those who are very patient and willing to do boring, repetitive tasks all day, and get paid minimum wage with a small perk of free gym membership, those kinds of -

Pros

Free gym access, slightly discounted store items

Cons

Everything else

Local management great but corporate could do better

Experiences differ gym to gym but local management is great. Pay isn’t great but they work with availability. Sales are the priority most of the time

Management is a mess

although I enjoyed my time as a representative, management was terrible. They would either over hire or under hire, ignore time schedules, and were hardly there when we needed them most. I was promised a promotion and was gone for a week, when I returned the promotion was given to someone else.

Pros

staff, free membership

Cons

management

Good energy

It was a fun place to work for part time work with short shifts. If you need more than I don’t think it’s a good place to try and make into a career.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Hard to make into full time job

Normal Entry Level Job

Theres not all too much to say, I was at the front desk for 24 hour fitness for a year and 7 months. It was pretty much the same everyday, say Hi when people walk in. Help with memberships, etc.

Pros

Easy Job, Nice co workers

Cons

Rude and entitled members

Fun place to work

Great for college students or anyone who needs a good work/life balance I was on the night shift and it was very easy work just check ins and walk arounds

Pros

Flexible schedule free membership

Benefits

Overall Good Experience

It was fun working at 24 hour fitness. I enjoyed my time there. Doesn't pay very well unless you want to be in managment. Also they were always understaffed. People quit often.

Pros

The employees and the members were fun to talk to

Cons

Doesn't pay well and was always understaffed

It was ok

Fun place to work. But it was definitely full of drama and a lot of inappropriate conduct between several of the employees that made others uncomfortable. Communication wasnt the best between front desk, membership counselors, kids club or trainers. High turnover rate for pretty much every department.

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

No benefits and pay is very low

Boring

Not the best job in the world. Just sitting around and folding towels all day. Thats literally all you do. At least you get a free membership. It is minimum wage.

Fun workplace to learn and grow

I loved the people that I worked with. Coming into work was always fun and exciting. The pay was not great but there was room for advancement. I would recommend this job.

Pros

Fun co-workers

Cons

bad hours and low pay

Meh

As with anywhere, you are a part of The Machine. The location I was at was constantly understaffed. Staff members constantly missed shifts and the management was lackluster. The job itself was not bad.

Pros

Free time

Cons

No full time except for management.

I loved working at 24 - Service Rep/ Lead

It is a very healthy environment in the sense that you are amongst people focused on wellness. I learned so much about eating well and an abundance of new workouts. People were very encouraging, staff and guests alike. Regarding work, my shifts always flew by. There was never a dull moment but, of course, things are what you make them. Building rapport with guests made the mundane tasks that needed to be performed that much more enjoyable.

Pros

Employee discount on products, chatting with a diverse range of people, coworkers were generally fabulous.

Cons

Became less about the customer and more about the sales... other than that, I loved everything about working for 24.

The free membership

I've been employed by 24 Hour Fitness for almost 3 years now. I would have to say that a lot has changed. This can be a very successful business if they only took care of staff and members.

Pros

free membership

Cons

healthcare is expensive, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare 24 Hour Fitness with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US