24 Hour Fitness

Instructor16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,345 reviews
membershipgymclubtrainermemberworkoutfreesale

I was an instructor at 24H

I was an aerobics instructor at 24H and didn't always have the best GX Supervisor; some were more into themselves and their looks than they were doing their jobs, and they were gossipy and unprofessional with students.. Others, however, were very supportive in helping an instructor improve and gave it their all. I hope you get one of the good ones :)

Pros

discounts on merch and free gym membership

Cons

pay isn't great, get experience there, then go elsewhere to get what you are worth

There was a lot of animosity directed towards myself and some of my ultra enthused clientele from some of the other instructors.

All I can say is that of all of the times I have taught. My most exciting times were at 24 Hour Fitness. I even paid for and gave out incentive awards like t shirts,letters of achievement,trophies,letters of commendation. That was my thing. Watching and assisting others in their personal growth. It sounds weird in the selfishness of of life today. Yes. I know. But there were people who told me that they planned their whole week around taking my classes. That to me? Was golden!

Pros

No free lunches.

Cons

I can't speak for that.

24 Hour Fitness insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Good Part-time job. but the pay was low... New hires get paid way more that long-timers!

I worked for them for over 15 years. they made lots of compensation errors resulting in many class action law suites. New hires get paid way more that long-timers! Management was conceded and there were plenty of "favorites" that were in with the in crowd. Not what you know but who you know to be promoted.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Poor Pay and no advancement.

Minimum wage isn’t worth the work

24 Hour Fitness recently slashed all instructor and personal trainer salaries in HALF. I went from getting $25/hour to minimum wage ($12/hour). I don’t feel valued as an employee, and I would not recommend working here if you want to be paid your worth. You work hard and deserve to be paid accordingly.

Great atmosphere

Great atmosphere to be in, you’re constantly talking to potential clients getting to know them their goals their desires in the gym. You get really familiar with the equipment and how to use them to help benefit individuals

Group x instructor

I was with 24 for 10 years or so, loved it loved teaching and changing lives, I have a huge following, I gave up tons of opportunities to stay with company (loyal) I think the Policies need to change, I’m concerned and looking into challenging it, how can people who’ve been with company be let go for 2 write up with such huge gaps in between the times gotten em? Only 2 the entire time spent there, my loyalty and commitment to the job out ways the two mistakes. Most companies start over after 6 months. It just shows how they don’t value us and the only ones who get raises are the higher up.

Pros

Membership meet people

Cons

Operations manager shouldnt be looking over group x, should be fitness manger they know more about what we’re doing

Great experience

In my time with 24 Hour I had an overall great experience. In most cases as a Group X Instructor I received constant support from direct management. I would highly recommend this employer.

Official response from 24 Hour Fitness

February 9, 2019
Thank you for the time you spent with 24 Hour Fitness. Group X instructors are a special part of our business and the members love the classes. Happy to hear you had great support from management.

Fun

I taught 2 classes a week and did not have much interaction with any employees. The facility needed to be cleaned more often and updated, but working there was fine.

Ok Place

It is the most well kept place. It needs a lot of adjustment. Management is good, coworkers are good as well but the work place is dirty and needs a lot of cleaning .

24 hr fit

Love working for this company. Excellent management. Great company to work for. Definitely recommend. .........although the hiring process is pretty lengthy ....

Pros

Free gym membership for you and one family member

Work place

Make appointments, help people reach their fitness goals, and build trusting relationships. Manage approximately 30 individual clients Create and implement various fitness programs geared specifically for any given client's needs Facilitate two weekly, successful boot camps with 40-60 members in one of the top five 24 Hour Fitness clubs globally

Health and Fitness

24 Hour Fitness is dedicated to making sure it's members are provided with what they need to reach their goals. As a personal trainer, I worked with clients on a daily basis that were determined to reach their fitness goals. Every individual is unique and a custom plan is require for them. It is my job to assess and see when works best for you. Together we will get you where you want to be. There is a team of fitness experts that are ready and available at all times to answer any questions you have. The hardest part about my jobs is having to prove to my clients that they CAN do it. The most enjoyable part is watching them achieve it!

Pros

Healthy and positive work environment

Cons

Box gym, minimum room for growth, scheduling - work hours are not ideal for my life style

Great place to teach

Every week, I have the amazing and rare opportunity to inspire action in 70+ people at one time, in one hour. As a Kickboxing Instructor, I am happily responsible for creating, designing and preparing fun, energizing and highly beneficial routines, suitable for ages 14 to 75. I deeply love and crave the energy created in a group environment. My co-workers are very kind and supportive and I've learned and continue to learn so much about compassion, patience, teamwork and love...in very cheesy terms!

nice place to work as an instructor

The pay is far, the co workers are awesome. Upper management could use some work. Seems as if they tend to play favorites to the instructors. Being as I am not one of them, I have been often overlooked as to being able to pick up classes of my own, even though I am more than qualified, seeing how I have been an instructor for 14 years!

Pros

great! Because we do get a free membership

Cons

could have less expensive health care

Developed many life time friends.

24 hour fitness was a great place to work. I learned a lot from other trainers and from management. A typical work day involved coaching clients one on one in obtaining maximum fitness results. This type of interaction with clients allowed me to become acquainted with many different types of people with many different ethnic and fitness backgrounds. Several of the major challenges that my job includes are, dealing with clients that may have disabilities, personal problems that may affect their ability to work out effectively, the requirement that my shift was split. My coworkers and I helped each other with designing a workout plan for our clients that helped them achieve their individual fitness goals. We often bounced ideas off of each other to enhance our routines and get the maximum benefit in each workout. Obviously, the most enjoyable part of my job was when my clients were able to achieve their fitness goals and enjoyed their workout to the maximum.

Pros

free membership, continuing education, and helping others to achieve their own fitness goals.

Cons

split shift, not enough emphasis on the clients overall welfare.

I love my job

I work in a fun environment. The people are happy to be working there, and it shows.I'm very lucky to work there.

Pros

i can work and work out at the same time.

Cons

would likr to have more work time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 24 Hour Fitness.
Powered byComparably

Compare 24 Hour Fitness with

Career recommendations for Instructor

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • 24 Hour Fitness
  • Instructor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?