24 Hour Fitness
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews in Industry, CA

Industry, CA13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,262 reviews

Productive, fun, energetic environment when with the right people and management

24 Hour Fitness was a wonderful experience to gain, and it really upheld the standards of a clean working AND exercising environment. I really appreciated the many team-building activities like group workouts, picnics, mini award ceremonies, and branch-to-branch competitions. It really made the company feel like one solid unit rather than separate, alienated branches. 9/10 would recommend!

Great

Overall the work was fun but challenging. The hardest thing was having to grab your own clients off the floor and help the sales associates sell more units of training or club memberships. At the end of the day I gained more skills that helped me watch how the body moves and I was able to apply that to my professional goals of becoming a Physcial therapist assistant.

Sales Representative

I worked at 24 Hour fitness in City of Industry as a Sales Rep. My time there was a great learning experience. I greeted guest/members, assisted in sales and inquiries. The biggest job perk was the work relationship you build with co workers and gym members.

N/a

The job was very lax and the only thing I didn't care for was the slow pace environment It was not especially difficult. It just makes time to by very slowly

Bad Management

The people are great. You'll always have a team that feels like family. What's really bad is the management, there isn't any morals and it would feel bad working with a boss like that.

Pros

coworkers

Cons

management

Official response from 24 Hour Fitness

September 18, 2018
Thanks for reaching out and we hope you are happy with what you are currently doing. Sorry that you had concerns with your leadership while a team member. We are dedicated to ensuring our leadership team has the appropriate tools and resources to effectively lead their teams. We would love to hear more from you on how we can do better. Send us an email at Careers@24hourfit.com anytime. Thank you for the time you spent with 24 Hour Fitness.

Fun place to work friendly environment.

a typical day at work consist of making phone calls, gathering referrals, and setting up appointments. you are required to reach a certain number of sales in order to surpass your commission threshold. As an assistant sales manager your required to be your clubs top grosser, while being a leader knowing your business and creating a culture. the hardest part of the job for most is consistency because it is a grind day in and day out to hit not only your individual goal but your team goals. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the connections you make with your team seeing each individual grow in their own way .

Pros

making relations with members and clients and making the job fun in your own way.

Cons

some days can be repetitive and some days can be slow

Official response from 24 Hour Fitness

August 31, 2018
We are so happy that you are part of the team. Sounds like you have a great attitude toward your role and team. We know our members and teammates are what make us special! As a company we recognize the importance of the continued development of our team members and have created various programs to foster our employee’s career advancement. We hope that you are utilizing them yourself and with your team. This way we can all continue to reach our personal and professional goals! We would love to hear more from you on how we can do better, email us at Careers@24hourfit.com.

Fun learning experience

- Met a lot of really nice people- Great coworkers & management- Motivational vibes throughout the gym environment- Able to balance schedule between school & work

Pros

Free Membership, 24 Hours

Cons

N/a

Easy going job with few interactions.

A typical day at work was busy, I had a lot to complete in a short amount of time. I did not learn much at this job. My manager was very absent and did not stick to their word. However, my supervisor was very nice and helped me when I didn't know where certain items were located. The work place was usually very still because of the hours I worked, so I didn't have to many interactions with others. The hardest part of the job was going into this large room that was never lit and cleaning the bathrooms in there because it made me paranoid that someone was watching me from this dark room. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music of my choice.

Pros

I was able to listen to music while doing my job.

Cons

No breaks and I wear glasses so they would slip off my face multiple time while looking down.

24 hr was fun

Great place to work if your young and a student or just want the experience. Guest were always happy and motivating. Co workers were decent. Management was horrible. I stayed for the guests.

Pros

free membership

Cons

no growth

Good stepping stone

Anyone working at 24 Hours fitness knows this is most likely a stepping stone to either a private gym or another career. Very few turn this into a long term career, due to the environment, management structure, and general politics

Pros

Great stepping stone for those entering fitness industry

Cons

Management varies drastically

Fun for the young self starter

I enjoyed the ability to work with so many different people and personalities. I was able to express myself creatively as well as professionally. The hardest part of the job was the variable schedule and pay. The team effort and environment created a fun culture of diversity and fast paced work day.

Pros

Flexibility to continue education

Cons

Variable pay, odd hours

unique team dynamic

as a membership counselor you get the opportunity to meet many people, create connections with team members, and management provides excellent growth opportunities.

Always a productive and friendly environment

A typical day at 24 starts out the same for service reps, walk in, clock in, and sign into the register. Greet everyone and make sure everything is running efficiently. Restock, setup merchandise, and answer questions. The hardest part of the job would be correcting people with something wrong with their account because you are relying on someone else to help you and keep the member happy while they are waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job is looking after the kids and watching them interact with the other children.

Pros

build bonds and work without a uniform

Cons

not enough hours to give

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 24 Hour Fitness.
Powered byComparably