24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Well equipped gym
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJune 8, 2018
Well equipped but poorly managed. Lack of communication between departments. Little to no customer focus except for sales opportunities. Equipment and facilities poorly maintained.
Kids Club was enjoyable
Kid's Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJune 6, 2018
Working for the company was great! I wish they offered room for advancement and guaranteed hours. Kids Club was a great work environment. Working in kids club allowed me to realize I love ed working with kids.
Company is good overall
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
My location in Arlington, TX was a great and vibrant place. While, it does focus on sales (understood), the management was supportive and helpful. The management in Arlington CARED about your personal growth, advancement, and life balance.

I did not find this in my NYC-SOHO location. The team at this location was disconnected and focused on their own personal gain. The growth aspect was non-existent and showed via the member base. Members were never engaged with the staff and it took effort for them to even trust a simple conversation about their (the members') day.
Overall good
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 6, 2018
Good start for being a personal trainer but not compensated enough. Management is great at my location but lacking a fitness manager to assign clients. Small location hard to get clients.
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
Compensation, benefits
It sucked.
Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 6, 2018
24 refuses to give raises and treats minimum wage employees like trash. I liked my direct managers and most of my co-workers, but the company is the WORST. Don't work here if you can help it.
Relax and friendly work place
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJune 6, 2018
Working at 24 was fun. I felt like i got a long really well with the staff. I really enjoyed being somewhere where i had regular customers visiting because then you can build a relationship with them and build friendships outside of work. I did feel like i was not utilized and that i felt as if they just kept me at the front greeting people and i wanted to be given more responsibility but wasn't. Its a nice place to work but to me it felt like a dead end job and i wanted more.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Dead end job
something different everyday
Service Representative, Group X instructor (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR 97201June 6, 2018
everyday
I clock in, then go straight to helping out customers.
I do pool checks, maintain the hygiene of facility and women's locker room.
I am also responsible for the register and keep track of all transactions and purchases.
I answer the phone and answer any questions regarding 24 hour club services and membership issues.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
short breaks, little pay
Room for growth
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 6, 2018
24 Hour fitness provides a lot of room to grow and move up within the company. The pay is not that great however, as a sales person there are commission opportunities. In management, there are bonus opportunities. You also receive a free membership to all locations, as well as any legal spouses or children over the age of 15.
great
Lead Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJune 6, 2018
working here was great! management was excellent! i only wish the pay was higher, but the atmosphere of the place was always pleasant. I worked in the kids club so that's always a treat if you love kids!
Fun place to work but really bad management and unfair scheduling
Front Desk Receptionist/Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 5, 2018
Fast-paced, unfair scheduling, and bad management
I had an injury that did not allow me to stand for my whole shift and they wouldn't allow me a chair.
They did not respect my medical note
Some of the managers were great but others were unfair and selfish.
Pros
Free Gym membership, employee discount
Cons
No much support from management, unfair scheduling
Part time work
Part time employment (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJune 5, 2018
the Kids Club was not kept well. Never vacuumed or cleaned. Allowed sick children to spend not more than 2 hours a day. Staff was unfriendly and disrespectful. Parents of children were not friendly. Not a fun place to work
Good part time job
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 5, 2018
I worked in the Kid's Club which was a nice pace for me, it would be chaotic, but during my time there the hours of the kids club were cut drastically, and the hours available to work became much more competitive.
Fun place to work at, lots of room for growth
Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAJune 5, 2018
Great experience, friendly people and fun place to be at. Patience it's a big part of the job. It's important to stay professional in every step of the way.
Pros
Free membership for the family
Cons
Health care
Could have been better
Front Desk Lead/Ast. Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 4, 2018
Given that I was a manager there, not enough meetings and support was initiated between all the managers of the gym. To be a strong team, you have to feel like you are a team.
very productive and exciting
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 1, 2018
I love Everything about 24 Hour Fitness, they are very welcoming, care for each and every customer. in additon they are most likely the best and most talked about gym in My Area.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks, Paced time
Okay
Persoanl Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 1, 2018
Overall, it was a decent place to work, I loved my fellow co-workers and loved my clients. Management was a little flaky after they changed every management position in my location I was working at.
Pros
co-workers, clients, free gym membership
Cons
long hours, poor managment
Positive work environment
Kid Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 1, 2018
extremely positive and motivating work environment. Perfect place to work to boost your self esteem. Friendly training and encouraging team members. Great place for networking as well.
Pros
free gym membership
Lack of management and empty promises
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 31, 2018
always harassed by customers and would get empty promises to customers about their concerns. Empty promises about job advancements. Cleanliness was always an issue. I would personally clean the bathrooms when there was contracted cleaning staff which would take me away from my job I was supposed to be doing. As an employee, I wouldn't even shower there after working out.
Good part-time job
Instructor/Trainer/Front Desk/Kids Club (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 31, 2018
24 Hour Fitness is good for extra money unless your management. If your employed as instructor you benefit guests & yourself you do your class & leav
Pros
No membership if employed
Cons
hard to get classes covered if you need time off
n/a
Assistant Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
No comment....Different locations were more laid back than others, but the overall result was that the company was more concerned about numbers than the trainers
Pros
Environment and Opportunity for rapid growth
Cons
Management and unreal expectations; Management at particular locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight