24Hr HomeCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2018
Only complaint is they don't pay as much as their competitors, I wish they would do a base pay instead of the way they do it but besides that they are a great company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 4, 2018
This was a wonderful experience that provided me with the skill of not only customer Service but also compassion and respect for the elderly and their families
I like to work @ 24hr because they will make sure that you are comfortable.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2018
24hr cares is good company to they will go by your own Schedules and also make sure that your are comfortable with your clients and more overall their customers happy and comfortable with you.
Pros
Free training
Good for brand new caregivers or CNA
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 6, 2018
Job was great as far as flexibility between school and any other part time job you may have. The shifts were pretty short with hardly anything to do so definitely had to find things to do in order to kill time. Pay rate wasn't fair for all the distance in between
Pros
Flexible, friendly clients
Cons
Low compensation
scheduler playing favorites
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2018
I have been working with these agency on and off and it seems the schedulers are playing favorites, they pull you out of your on going assignment if they call you for short assignment and you refuse. If you work overnight, still they want you to work on emergency two short hours, call you while you are sleeping after you are worn out and if you refuse they would not give any assignment for several weeks. They will put you on 2 to 3 hour shift and you will drive for 50 miles back and forth. This agency is greedy, they don't consider how much is gas now a days. They put you on 2 and 4 hour shifts for several months if you are newly hired, they take advantage on you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
greedy agency, not recommended
Assisted accounting department with daily tasks.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 23, 2018
As a temporary employee my task was to assist the accounting department with daily tasks as needed. From billing and collecting to data entry. However, my main task was to assist the payroll coordinator with answering emails, inputting new hires information into the system and checking for accuracy in their Quickbooks. I definitely learned time management, organization, and accuracy to keep the books intact. The least enjoyable part of the job was that once I got their system down, the job didn't feel challenging. And the most enjoyable part of the job was the location of their corporate office. Definitely a lot of great places to have lunch.
Pros
Good work life balance, good environment inside their headquarters
Cons
Repetitive work, poor management
flexible job with your time
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Reason to leave:same paid from year 12/2015-2018. The time was flexible with people studying or having family.
Relaxed time with clients, not much things to do, just watch them preventing falling
horrible horrible horrible
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I applied for 24hr homecare & they called me & emailed me about the job. i went in for the interview, the interview was about a 2 hours. long story short, i passed the whole entire interview & i got the job. This job was Horrible at communication. they needed me to bring 3 refrences in. I did. about 2 weeks later, one if my friends told me they received a call from 24 hr homecare. but 24hr never contacted me letting me know they called my refrences & I HAD TO CALL THEM to ask if they had talked to my refrences. i forgot her name but she told me no. she hadn't talked to anyone. i was like wow are you serious. this job was horrible & mind you i got hired, so she kept telling me they can't go forward with the hiring process until they talk to my refrences. i do not recommend anyone to work at this job. the hiring process is ridiculous & the people there lack communication.
Easy going
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 19, 2017
Working with 24hrhomecare is easy going you pick your days and time you want to work.. They have an amazing staff ready to help you out or answer any questions or concerns..
variety of clients
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 15, 2017
I enjoy the clients I have worked for. Its been for 5 different families. My favorite was for a hospice patient who passed during my shift. I love doing this job
Assisting individuals with daily living
Caregiver Assist individuals (Current Employee) –  Encino, CANovember 13, 2017
Helpful in assisting senors in daily living by providing home care. Excellent career for providing much needed assistance of aging senors in age related illness and hindrance.
Pros
All most self employed
Cons
The gape in between jobs
Upbeat and supportive staff
Personal Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 8, 2017
24Hr Homecare is a great place to work. They provide lots of opportunities, support and perks for their employees. In addition, 24 Hr Homecare goes out of its way to provide appropriate training and certification(s) for its employees.
Good job for part-time
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2017
Hours are based on client need and how many hours allotted by assigned regional center. Very flexible hours and easy to submit time sheets to administration staff. Quick turnaround time on processing time sheets for payment.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Low pay
Alot of work if you want it
Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Encino, CASeptember 10, 2017
At the time when I was working here, the office always seemed over whelmed. not enough employees to handle to work load this also meant scheduling and miscommunications which sometimes effected patient care.
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245September 5, 2017
Not a bad work environment. Very friendly. Thought it would be flexible but not according to what was promised. Some days would be slow then it would stack up on certain hours of the day. They would bring lunch or breakfast at least every two weeks which was nice.
typical day.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Encino, CA 91316August 29, 2017
Your contact wth the office is minimal, you get a text of assignments and call in, if you get the assignment, you will get an email with client pertinent data. Go to client, perform your duties in a friendly competent manner. If everything works out, they may become a regular client. If you have doubts during your shift, there is always a way to contact the office for guidence for situations that are unforseen. There are many managers and there is not one particular person assigned to you, so make sure you call again to follow thru. You may have more than one client a day or not.
With change in personnel, change in level of customer service
Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 5, 2017
The company has changed considerably since I started working there. There has been a major turnover in management and personnel. I receive complaints from new and existing Clients regarding communication with the office and regarding other, newly hired caregivers that are not fit for the work or have poor attitudes.
Pros
Flexibility in choosing work
Cons
Low pay
Caregivers Not Valued
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 4, 2017
They pay caregivers less than half of what they charge the client. Offered benefits I never saw. They decreased wages thru course of employment. Caregivers are not appreciated.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low wages
Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 30, 2017
Typical day at work would be simple, but the thing about 24hr homecare is you don't work everyday. Most times its only for 2 hours and you only need to help someone shower, transportation or just commpanionship. A typical 12 hour shift is at night so you just stay awake and help them to restroom or if its during the day then its a usual case of they need help with everything or just want companionship.
What I learned Is to be more patient and be more caring towards others. I have learned new tricks to use for my future jobs.
My manager was my favorite out of all the places I have worked.
The hardest part of my job was watching my clients be helpless and it warmed my heart when I was the one able to help him/her get better or comfortable for the future.
My most enjoyable part of my job is talking to my patients and talking to them so they ae happy because nobody deserves to be sad. I also enjoyed helping people get done what they needed done that they couldn't do.
Good & fun place everyone is so cheerful their
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 31, 2017
Working for 24hr home care has brought in different children with disabilities into my life. I have learned sign language & how to talk to austic children
Pros
We got perks & 401k
Cons
No paid day off