2nd Swing Golf Employee Reviews

If you want a job that will consume your life, this is a great fit.
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaleNovember 25, 2018
I’m not a fan of a work environment that doesn’t allow you to grow. They put you in a box and expect you to stay there until your shift is over. Even if you’re helping people and doing a good job and making them money, that isn’t your box. General manager was good, but the others in management who were directly over you were not so good. Very unaccomidating to life outside of work. But those outside of management were absolutely solid. Great people to work with. It’s sad to say that we had more fun and got more done when our direct manager wasn’t there to micromanage us.
Pros
Discounts on golf equipment, always in the know with the industry, good business strategy.
Cons
Bad direct report managers, life consuming, no real job advancement.
Great Career Choice
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 5, 2017
They sky is the limit with 2nd Swing. If you love golf, enjoy customer interaction and have the willingness to learn 2nd Swing loves to hire from within.
Pros
benefits, pay, discounts bunch of free perks as well
Cons
your 8 hour day will go by fast
2nd Swing has been a great place to work
Ecommerce (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 21, 2017
I have been with 2nd Swing for over 15 years (6 with the original 2nd Swing, now in my 10th year since we have re-opened) and I will say that I have enjoyed my time working here.

I have personally held a number of roles in the company from starting as a cashier to managing the ecommerce department and everything in between. Management gives all employees ample opportunity to shine and those that excel are given many opportunities to grow within the company. By putting in hard work as an employee you are showing your investment in the company and the company will to invest in you.

We do have many seasonal employees, as a retailer in a specialty sport that is seasonal that is inevitable. Many of our leadership team started as seasonal employees and showed potential and grew into their current positions.

This is a fast paced, fast moving company that requires you to move quickly and adapt accordingly. It is a fun place to work and rewards those that work hard.
Great Place to Work - Awesome Company
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 21, 2017
2nd Swing is a great place to work with strong leadership and a great group of employees that combine to create a fantastic company culture.

If you have a desire to work in the golf industry this is the place to be.

Company leadership places a strong emphasis on the importance of work and life balance and the continually stresses a combination of hard work and having fun at work.
Pros
Really positive work environment and culture, Growing company with many career growth opportunities, Competitive pay and benefits
Great company, great people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 12, 2017
I love the vibe and culture of 2nd Swing. One of the better companies for which I have worked. Honest and straight-forward management with high-energy and fun co-workers.
Company went under after changing owners
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 1, 2016
This position could have been great only the company had a hostile takeover of ownership and then went under. I have learned much about business.
Broken promises and poor leadership
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 30, 2016
Management says one thing and doesn't ever follow up with it.

Turnover is high as there isn't much appreciation and compensation is terrible.
Pros
Can sometimes be a fun environment
Cons
Low pay, limited advancement, poor management, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 2nd Swing Golf. Our community is ready to answer.