3 Day Blinds
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

3 Day Blinds Pay & Benefits reviews

A lot of Cases that are not manageable and attendance is really strict. A lot of stress but over all a Good place to work. It's best if you live close to the work place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress
you spend your day driving and seeing clients . You use your own car own gas and they care less where they send you. You have to measure and sell blinds if you miss a measurement you get dinged on bonus and its very difficult to not get dinged for something. They use 3rd party installers who will do as little work as possible and if they have to do even a simple extra cut they ding you . You'll work everyday with this job always chasing customers and submitting orders. No base pay all commissions
Pros
some flexibility
Cons
you use your own car. No base pay. Very difficult to hit bonus levels
Not adequate training for the amount of product knowledge you need to have. Training department not what they say it was. They expect you to drive all over town when and not reimburse for all of the miles. Pay scale is deceiving.
prices are too high so designers have to discount heavily to sell and that comes out of commission. Too many demands and too many hours for the amount of pay especially in CA.
It used to be a good place to work for. Now, not so much. Management has gone downhill. The bonuses are unattainable. Sales reps are having a hard time making their mortgage and putting food on the table. The product is too expensive and clients are finding the same for way less even the same quality and warranty.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
Vacation time off is at their mercy and depends on how busy the season is which is always, so no vacation.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
3 Day Blinds promises more than what they deliver. They push you to work long hours, pressure to sell per day is unrelenting. Commissions are nonexistent due to the high price of their products. The only way you make money is through same day sales and a bonus structure. You have to discount their prices to get sales and that is why you can't make commissions. Very high turnover due to management on your back and they pay you nothing for the use of your car. The reimbursement rate is low. They demand you to have very high car insurance on your policy. It's not worth the amount you have to pay vs. what you get in return. Poor training prior to field work, they charge you for mistakes that aren't even yours. Bottom line is this company is terrible to work for if you want a life and to make money without selling your soul
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
long hours little pay
The Job offer on indeed does not match the onboard contact. 3 day blinds only want to pay 5% of the monthly net sales, when they offer 10% on initial job offer. No additional money for high performers No Bonus or spiffs. They just expect you to deal with 100% company issues and only pay you for what you sell. They need to pay a sallay of $750 plus 5-8% commission on a sale to be fair to Design Consultants.
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
I have learned incredible sales skills from our team and our manager. I wish that corporate would be willing to invest in their employees by way of a base salary.
If you're driven and make things happen you will go far in this job. You have to be self disciplined. They compensate you for mileage and you get commission plus monthly bonus. Sky's the limit.
3 Day Blinds is a great place to work. The management is fair, the culture is fun and everyone is super professional. Benefits are good and the other amenities are also great.
Being a Design Consultant for 3DB is a good career. Like anything else, if you put in the work you will reap the benefits. The company pays well for results. It takes time for people new to the industry to adapt but can be well worth it. It is a 40-70 hour a week job so (if you are working to make good money) be prepared to work hard.
it takes a bit to get the flow, but when you do, you can make real good money. Our CEO is very hands on and will listen to you. Flexable hours and great benefits
The job is never boring. Every customer has a different need, different taste and a different budget. Being out in the field rather than an office atmosphere. Requires discipline and structure and great time mgmt. skills. Your efforts and time are reflected in your compensation. Great mgrs. and trainers who always are there to help or answer any questions. Great training is provided.
3 Day Blinds is a great place to work, not only because it is fun, but because you are given all the tools to be 100% successful. You have a great training, a team of co-workers who are there to help. Meetings to help keep you up to date on trends and help in selling techniques. The pay is great and I can choose the hours I want to work for the most part. Benefits are also wonderful!
This job is for those who wish to work independently and who don't mind driving a lot. It is commission only with no base pay. Leads and appointments are supplied by the company
3Day Blinds is a very well established nationwide corporation offering the finest employee benefits package. Hard but satisfying work and fun too. Very fair, very ethical. Great teamwork and very supportive management. Best is working with homeowners, meeting new people and discovering new places everyday. Hardest, can be long hours.
Hello! If you are self-sufficient, organized, and desire to be challenged and excited with your workday - you will LOVE 3 Day Blinds. The 3 Day Blinds model for in-home consultative design/sales is forward thinking and unique and has room for all sorts of different personality types. I have found that I get all the benefits of what it is like to run your own business (scheduling freedom, great pay, individual expression) without the pitfalls of actually having to run a business (bookkeeping, staffing, etc.)
3 Day Blinds has a fun atmosphere, relaxed dress attire, teaches you a lot, and the coworkers are great! It's a fantastic place to start your career. They offer 401K, insurance, paid vacation, and a few paid sick days. They try to work with you on figuring out what you want your career path to be and then help you get there. I would recommend 3 Day Blinds to start your career because you will have fun while learning invaluable work experience.
I've been working for 3 Day Close to 3 years now and overall, I really enjoy working here. What sets 3 Day apart from my previous employers are the people. My team and manager are very knowledgeable and easy to approach. Cross functionally, the people I interact with are really friendly and helpful. I don't remember a time where I needed help on a project or had questions and they were not able to help me. Work life balance is good. Unless there is urgent project, my schedule is flexible. I feel that the upper management has been really pushing engagement and employee satisfaction. We have holiday parties, lunches, etc, which is always nice. As far as compensation goes, my experience is that it is fair. My rate has been at or above the market rate the last few years.
Compensation is tied to events that are many times out of a Designer's control and seem arbitrary. Mid management seems to be supportive, but the structure is flawed.The actual job is great, meeting customers and helping them design treatments, but the compensation is geared more to an aggressive sales person instead of career designer.
3 Day Blinds has been my most favorite company to ever work for. I love going to peoples home and helping them make their home beautiful. I usually go on three appointments per day. Most of my appointments are provided by 3 Day Blinds, but I also try to generate my own to help increase my bonus. I have learned a lot about sales and window treatments working here. I had one month of paid training and was also paid the next few months before I was put on straight commission. The customer care team, my district manager, and the other sales people are available resources if you need help. There is also health insurance and 401K available. What are you waiting for?