3 Step Collections Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Outwardly Appealing, Incredibly Deceptive
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 13, 2018
As with any business, there are cogs, and there are those that guide the ship. I can certainly appreciate the line between paying too little and paying too much for a service rendered, however, the entire basis of the daily operations from this organization are highly calculated toward rewarding only maximum effort. If you have the skill set and motivation to earn a healthy wage at this company, you would still be wasting your talents - as many others would happily compensate you far more. Having been privy to most of the 'back end' of the company, I got the distinct impression money is tight, operations are run on a shoestring budget, and a failure of any caliber can result in termination. Nearly every position, including management, is expected to perform direct revenue generation. During my time there I was out of state for weeks at a time, with no time off, expected to drive 5 - 8 hours a day, train employees, work on reports, and still expected to foot my own salary via collections. If you enjoy high stress, the inability to have a conversation with anyone on the management team, and dictatorial sweeping changes that seem more based on mood than reality, not to mention lower than average wages (if they honestly pay you what they said they would at all), then this company is for you.
Pros
A few good people sadly work (trapped) here that make it somewhat enjoyable at times.
Cons
Nearly everything in relationship to a normal working environment.
Call center
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJanuary 28, 2018
Slow work day, learn minimum, management just start, (small business owners) Diverse, Hardest part, not enough management skills, Enjoyable part, coworkera
Great company
Customer Experience Collections Director (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 23, 2018
I have worked at 3 Step Collections over 10 years and have loved the environment, culture and people. This company has given me many training opportunities to advance my career, advance my knowledge in collection laws and lead wonderful team members.
Nice to work for a small company
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 21, 2017
This is a great company to work for, it's privately owned and you get a chance to grow with them! The owners are very hands on and work with us most of the time! I have been here for a long time and do not foresee leaving anytime soon.
Driver - Great Job
Field Representative - Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 17, 2017
I worked as a Field Representative (Driver) for nearly 2 years. The job is very enjoyable compared to many jobs. Helping people get their cable reconnected is always rewarding.

Of course this job isn't for everyone (you have to be able to take 'no'), but there are probably a lot of people who would enjoy it who might think otherwise. Customers are actually pretty friendly for the most part.

The pay is decent - certainly much better than minimum wage. You can take home $2,000 - $3,000 a month most months, though that might depend on what part of the country you work in.
Pros
Driving around, good customer base, good management
Cons
your trunk will be half full of cable boxes mid-way through the week
Productive working environment!!
Disco and collections. (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 15, 2017
I started about 3 months ago and I must say this is the best company I've worked for in a while as far as contractors. The staff is amazing from management to co workers. They are very helpful and if you are in need of anything they help you out no questions asked. Time off extra money for gas or anything they can help they do it. They work together to get answers or whatever the employee needs. They are a great team and I'm very happy that I get the chance to work with such wonderful people. Not just co workers but family. They treat you like family and especially if you travel out of town like I do they always make sure I have everything I need. They work hard for me and I work hard for them. The disconnect part is a piece of cake. The driving also and they pay you for gas. The sales rep you don't have to pitch anything just give them the right options and they will chose. It's a easy fun job and I enjoy working for them.

Midland- Genevive
Pros
Awesome work environment, great pay and benefits.
Cons
No company is perfect.
A temporary job
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJune 26, 2017
They dont care about empolyees only if you collect money for them it was 11.50 but there numbers drop because no one wants to pay comcast for over chargering them so the pay drop to 9.00 hr if you do take the job still look for another this should only be for temporarily
Fun work environment, and everyone is super friendly in the office.
Cable Disconnect Tech (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 2, 2017
Day goes by quickly and you're always on the go. Management is all very nice and understanding when it comes to life outside of work. Hardest part of the job is being able to sales pitch in order to get the money collection. Easy part is driving around and doing available disconnects.
Pros
Good work environment, good management, fun work environment
Cons
Use of own vehicle, reimbusment for gas could be more, and need to be good with sales pitch
Great for Career Advancement
Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 23, 2017
I've worked for the company for over 2 years and counting. I started off as your average CSR and worked my way up. It's nice working for a company that promotes from within. Everyone on the management team started off "at the bottom" and worked their way up. The people are friendly and good natured. The company participates in activities to give back to the community like back to school drives and food donations. They also have employee engagement outings. Full benefits for full time employees. Even the option to travel to different areas to work. It's awesome to work for a family owned business where they actual care about the individuals and you're not just a number.
Pros
Full Benefits, Paid Vacation, Flex Days, Commission in addition to hourly pay, Team commission
Overall a great company
Field Collector (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 19, 2017
I worked for similar companies in the past and this is a good one for this field. The management is really hands off if you're doing your job. The only issues come from the nature of the job itself. You get a high degree of freedom on your day, but your check can depend quite a bit on luck of the draw. Recovering equipment and collecting payments are how you're going to get big checks. If you stick with it and change up your contact times every day, those slow weeks should be fairly rare, but they happen. Also, don't be afraid to talk to the management. They're great people and will work with you if you have issues. They realize every city is a bit different so the same rules don't work everywhere. Your base compensations for things like fuel can be negotiable if you have reason.
Pros
Personal freedom, pay
Cons
using your own vehicle, commission work

Want to know more about 3 Step Collections?

Ask a question
It's ok
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMarch 3, 2017
Don't work here unless you have a strong sales personality and you have thick skin. Otherwise then that it's a great company to work for
One of the few companies where you get paid for what you do
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVFebruary 26, 2017
I have been employed with 3 Step Collections since September 2016. It has been a wonderful company to work for: medical insurance, retirement, and management is very understanding if you have to miss work due to illness or family illness or just need a day off to handle personal business. The commission structure is very obtainable and you actually get paid for everything you do. While working as a field representative I make between $700 - $1000 weekly. The company provides fuel and cell phone reimbursement. I would recommend this job to anyone who is tired of working for hourly pay and not being able to advance. The more you work here, the more you get paid. It's that simple.
Pros
Understanding, flexible, great pay
I wouldn't do it again
Collections Specialist (field) (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAFebruary 4, 2017
The people are nice and they e-mail and call you all day. You go into people's homes and take their cable equipment. There are biting dogs, roaches in the equipment that get into your car, and very rude people that tell you to get off their property and don't come back.
Cons
bad pay, wear and tear on car
Do not work here
Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 24, 2017
I was in a car wreck and they let me go even though I had a doctors note the management team sucks everything down to the building makes you want to die this place should be reported several times to the bbb do not work here they suck
Pros
Hour lunch
Should be shut down
Collector (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2016
Questionable and deceptive. Steal basically from people. Bad management. Treat employees like day care children.No cell phones while you're on the clock.
Cons
Nice Company to work for!!!
Field Collector (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLAugust 23, 2016
I am a Field Collector in the South Florida area and have been working there for almost two years. Very good company with plenty of work if you are ready to work and make money. Management as well as the owners of the company are very hands on and accessible all the time( Which is very nice and rare, meaning how often do you have contact with the Owners of any company) Company also offers a nice benefit package including Medical, Dental and Vision. The important thing about being successful with this kind of Collection work is to be self motivated as well as being able to work with little supervision, meaning if you aren't a go getter then you might not be a good fit. On the flip side if you are Hungry to work and strive to be successful you would be a great fit and I'd recommend giving it a try. As with any job if you are new to this line of work their is a learning curve so be patient and be open to learning and you will thank me later.
Pros
The more you work the more you make. Write your own Paycheck.
Cons
Being in South Florida it is quite Hot outside....
Work is what you make it, won't find a more supportive management team
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2016
This company has a lot of bad reviews...but I will say...i have also worked side by side with some not so great people. It is a typical call center. You will get what you put into it. There are some of us who make high numbers every month and we show up every month to do our best. Our management team is very supportive and they will do whatever they can to make us all better. Customer service, attendance and production are all important. If you don't care, you will not be successful. If you care, you can do well.
Pros
Potential growth, hard work is rewarded, 40 hour work week
Cons
Cubicle size, policy changes
Don't do it
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 6, 2016
Its all a joke. They don't care about you. You not going to make commission. You will receive little training. They will complain about every mistake is made. They will write you up for everything. They will find any reason to fire people. It's no positive review about this job. They lie and say $10 an hour. No it's will be $8.34. Don't argue with them. If you want part-time. No part time.
Worst company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 22, 2016
I was fired because they said my work performance wasn't good mind you I had only been working for them for five days (training) ... I hadn't even taken a call (call center job)... I was also told my appearance .... Um what about my appearance .... I couldn't even get a good explanation of my questions to why I was being fired.... I was told I wouldn't get one either just I was being let go.... I was early to work everyday never late from
Breaks ... This company is some bull... The hr head is rude and nasty... I wouldn't recommend this job to any one
Terrible place. Don't tell you the full job reaponsibilities
Flyer Distributor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2016
I was hired and told I would be putting flyers on doors if customers were nor home. It turns out the position was to knock on the door, attempt to get them to immediately contact the call center and pay the bill or make payment arrangements. They were not forth coming and didn't really tell me what the requirements of the job were. If I would have known the truth, I never would have accepted the position.
Pros
Cons
Many