31-W Insulation Employee Reviews

Not a good place of employment
Project Manager / Territory Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mason, TNJuly 31, 2018
Not a good place of employment, as long hours and short pay is the just the start of a horrible work environment and negative work area. I not recommend for anyone to work at this place.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
I was in sales with the Fort Worth location, only about 3-4 months, i had to relocate for family reasons. This location in years past had lots of negative reviews, mainly high turnover with bad management. Over the past year they have cleaned house and I believe must have changed the style in the way they run the day to day operations.
You get paid weekly (that's nice) plus you can make commission on top of that. You need to know basic math and the rest is common sense, where insulation would be put in a new home. After a week or so of training it's pretty easy to figure out.
I received a few builders handed to me but I was there to sell and give the customer an insulation package they were looking for. There is lots of business to be had in the DFW area but it won't come to you, you have to go get it. If you're lazy, this won't work for you. If you're a go getter you can make lots of money. Just like any sales job, the longer you work at it....building relationships and getting to know the industry, the more money you can make.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
hard work
Great place to work now that management has been changed.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXJune 21, 2018
After new management has been brought in it has been a great place to work. From the installers all the way to the finished product everyone is happy with 31W's performance. The future seems very bright here.
Pros
Flexible hours, supportive management, quality installers
Unstable Work Environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Haslet, TXMarch 6, 2018
As a Secretary job duties exceeded pay. Very Poor management and employees are not valued at all. There is no job security with this company. Company has high turnover rate.
Pros
Easy Commute to work
Cons
Poor Management
Lies
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMarch 2, 2018
They lie to you saying your going to make a grand a week just so they can get you hired. I got hired as a driver because I had no experience installing. One I was on board they just threw me out there to install with no one to teach me. Poor management and even poorer pay.
Pros
Cons
Manager, pay, hours
It was a learning experience
Insulation Installer (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCFebruary 7, 2018
It was a good job at first. When you first get a job you ignore a lot of things. After awhile you notice things that you were ignoring. I just felt like for all the hard work I put in it didn't mean anything to them. I trained a lot of people on the job. Everything is ok as long as you don't complain about your pay.
Pros
Free food sometimes close to where i live
Cons
Treated unfairly sometimes
dangerous. low pay
Installer (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCJanuary 16, 2018
nasty. dangerous. low pay considering the work. when times were the busy for the company, one was expected to work an unlimited amount of hours. i did however have great leadership between two managers.
Pros
managers
Cons
low pay. hard work. dangerous. and nasty
Poor Training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJanuary 15, 2018
Training poor,commission paid on Wholesale not retail,management poor . They have trust issues, lie to customers. They micromanage you and expect you to work 60 hr week
Pros
Cons
To many hrs not enough pay
No support from management
Server / Quotes (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2018
it was an insulation company and although I started out as an Assistant manager, then moved to manager after they fired the previous manager. There was really no support from the corporate side, nor the district manager. Micromanaged hourly. Where are you? What are you doing ?
Would be better if they hired the right people
31-W Insulation Co. Muti position (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNNovember 27, 2017
Not horrible if you like hard work. Its super stressful but also can be fun. You basicly take charge of whatever you do. One of the issues is they hire a lot of cons, drug addicts, and jerks. Management isnt the best but they are good people for the most part. Biggest issue is sometimes they dont pay you on time. Not bad but I wouldnt recommend if you have a social life or family.
Pros
Payday
Cons
Hours
The job was a nice one
Installer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2017
it was great the guys realy took time to explain things I found myself wanting to learn more. The managers are great guys I would trade um for the world ty.
Pros
good people
Cons
tough days
The bad reviews are (still) true
Installer (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 14, 2017
The bad reviews aren't even as bad as the fact that the branch manager admits it's all true. And from the very second they open their mouths the lies spew forth.
I risked alot, to learn a trade that would help me, and my family, grow. Instead, I worked long hours, sometimes not even seeing my kids for a week, leaving before they woke up and getting home after they were in bed. But then, some days there was absolutely nothing to do; go home, or do busy work at a warehouse two hours from my home. Pay shifted back and forth from $10/hr to piece rate that added up to wages less than wait staff pay minus the tips. Sure, once you're an experienced professional, you can knock out 8 jobs a day like the other pros...which are...4 people.
There's plenty of room for growth, you just have to manage to sustain the terrible days long enough for everyone else above you to quit or get fired.
Also...alot of driving. Like, 50% of my shift is wasted sitting in traffic going to site way outside of what should be my radius for my branch. I longed to get out and really learn the craft, but after sitting at the office waiting for work orders, and sitting through the driver, I'm feeling fatigued, and it's quite possibly already lunch time.
Training? Every person that trained me was sacked. Then I became a trainer because no one else could, and then was told everything I did was wrong. I was told they would retrain me, but at minimum wage. No thanks. And I'm sent to train with well seasoned pros that, while pretty nice guys, they ultimately just want to get the job done and not baby sit.
The sad
  more... thing is, it's not even hard work, just unsteady. And the piece rate pay makes no sense. My wife and I couldn't make sense of my paystubs filled with random numbers ranging from $95 to $3.50 per job. On one day I made $60 for 10 hours of work that included driving.
Driving is 50% of this job, if you're a driver, and the pay is way below par, especially when they seem to be so picky.
Pros
Company will pay for water and ice, after you turn in your own purchase receipt.
Cons
This company is a con.
Productive and fun place to work
Installer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2017
I learned a lot of strong useful things that I can take to other places. And Manegment was vary understanding and gave vary clear instructions on how to do the job right.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not enough hours
A good paying job
Insulation installer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 27, 2017
I learned how to hang insulation and spray. And also assisted in hanging garage doors. It was fun got to travel to different jobs sites. Management at time was very demeaning but have heard he is no longer in charge. But its been several years since working there.
Pros
Traveling and being home every night
Cons
Shop manager at time.
Worst job I every had in my life
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 25, 2017
Dirty office, installers coming in and out all day, foul language, very messy, I had to clean after them, this was a job a woman should never do, I did not enjoy anything about this job
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Very low pay and benefits
production
Installer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 27, 2017
Great job if you don't mind piece rate pay. 29999W2. Workers do go out of state, which means you may have to deal with filing out of state taxes. Drivers no extra pay, dock work no extra pay.
great job
Insulation Installer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 28, 2017
great place to work. temp positions are my only issue. No job security. I would recommend job for a person with not much responsibility. would be great if positions were permanent
no work/ life balance
location manager (Former Employee) –  Leander, TxFebruary 20, 2017
Difficult to find a work / life balance due to very long hours. Management was out of state and made communication difficult. Pay was pretty good. i was able to increase my knowledge in another aspect of commercial and residential building.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
very long hours
Oshkosh B'gosh
Accountant, Budget & Finance (Current Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNNovember 29, 2016
I really enjoyed my 10 years working for OGB. The company had a very strong ethic for honorable treatment of employees and vendors. They were a company that share a strong desire for training and team work. OGB was purchased by Carter's and the Distribution plant that I worked at was closed.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Inconsistant level of business that caused layoffs and hiring of temps.
wonderful company
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 26, 2016
This is a wonderful company to work for. You can choose to work 7-4 or 8-5. base pay is $10 an hour with performance based raises every 6 months up to $12.50. The manager is very flexible and understands people have families and may need to come in late or leave early.