360 Behavioral Health Employee Reviews in Mission Viejo, CA

Featured review
360 Behavioral Health selected this as a representative review
Friendly office staff and supportive supervisors
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJune 6, 2019
As a student, having flexible work hours is very important. The admins are understanding of my school schedule and provide me with the best schedule. The company invested in my growth by inviting me to take the Board Certified Autism Technician exam free of charge! They offered in office training to prep me for the exam. I passed on my first attempt! My immediate supervisors are always available when I have questions or need support
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Morning hours available but can be limited
Look Someplace else
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CADecember 3, 2018
Pros
Some of the families are GREAT! I love working with the kids! You can see advancement in them which is amazing to see! Cancellations at the door are paid. Its an okay job for someone who is a full time student.
Cons
They just got bought out, so it's suppose to be "better". HA! They are just pushing their former employees out. You are expected to drive everywhere (they never really told us about the amount of driving in the interview). You get NO support. Yet they expect you to know everything. If you think you are going to pay rent with this job GOOD LUCK! So many cancellations, and the company keeps hiring more people so …
Advice to Management
See what other ABA companies are doing! They provide tool bags and do everything on iPads! You make us spend our own money (which the pay is not worth it), on tools used for consumers.
Overall
Behavioral Therapist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 4, 2018
The job is not bad. The management was stressful. I had to learn a lot of things on my own. Some supervisors are very supportive but everyone is stressed out.
Flexible Fun Workplace for Students
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 10, 2018
This company was well maintained with access to additional working materials as a Behavioral Therapist, monthly meetings that provided you with abundance of information if you are new in the field, and provided with great support from the team. The hardest part of the job is gaining full time hours within the field, most cases that are needing to be filled are afternoon hours. Great for part-time work for undergraduate students trying to get experience in the field of behavioral health.
good work while in school
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 20, 2018
i was a behavioral therapist and was going to school at the same time. the job was easy especially for someone who is still in school. it was an enjoyable experiene
great superviors
respite worker (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 20, 2018
Supervisors are very caring and very helpful. Great place to work. They treat you with tons of understanding and concern. Any kind of support you need they will provide it.
Dont Apply
Program Coordinator and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Worst place i ever worked. I feel bad for families that utilize their service. They do not compensate fairly for mileage and expect too much from the college kids that they hire to conduct services (most of which just do it for a job).
Pros
None: provided lunch one day, $1 tacos from jack in the box
Cons
Amazing work. Poor training.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CADecember 4, 2017
Great experience working w/kids and adults w/developmental delays. Flexible schedules for students who have second jobs or only want to work under 20 hours per week. Potential advancement for grad students.

Poor management. Poor communication. Lack of support or proper ongoing training. Risk of going under 30 hours per week due to services provided in home and families may cancel at a moments notice.
Pros
Flexibility for undergrad students. Potential advancement for grad students.
Cons
Constant risk of losing hours. Poor proper training.
Great Learning Experience
BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 15, 2017
- Learned a lot about Autism and related disorders
- Most enjoyable part is seeing the kiddos progress
- Most fun part was the creative freedom
- Supervisors were great
- Worst part were sometimes the family or kiddos are difficult
- more than 25% travel required
Pros
free food at meetings, paid meetings
Cons
lots of travel (although you can sometimes be compensated for milage)
Beginners Job
ABA Parental Consultant/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 3, 2017
Good starting point job, you learn alot but the chances of growing are small escpecially with new changes. Often good employee leave because of low compensation rates.
Pros
Good Director, Learn alot
Cons
Poor ABA skills as a company
Great place to work especially for college students or people needing flexibility
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company as it allowed me much needed flexibility to enjoy my family. The management was amazing and I had great mentors as I was new to this field. The hardest part was the driving and the timesheets/mileage recording being on paper rather than electronic. The job itself is extremely fulfilling yet requires the utmost patience
Pros
flexibility, great management
Cons
Driving, paper timesheets
Great work experience
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 29, 2016
This job is a very rewarding experience. When I first started I did feel a bit overwhelmed however because I felt that the training really did not prepare me for some of the things I first experienced. I would advise people to maybe look into outside resources before jumping into this career path.

The job can be very stressful at times coming home with a massive migraine because your client was quick enough to grab you by your hair and yank your neck too fast. (They provide training for specific cases where this could happen, but I did not receive this training until maybe 4 months of working there).

Coworkers; Almost seems non-existent. You are provided with supervisors and a second staff for each case, however some cases the supervisors were hardly ever present. There were those rare cases where a supervisor was there pretty weekly which was very helpful in keeping up to date with one another. Otherwise expect to work without much coworkers during your workday.

I'd say the hardest part of the job was the inconsistency of some families with their schedule. Some families will cancel without much notice. You can be on 3-4 cases at a time but you have to cross your fingers that the families are willing to be consistent with the services. Some weeks you can put in 20 hours and the next week you'd put in only 8 because of cancellations. This may not be the case for everyone, but it was definitely something that I experienced.
Pros
Flexibility, rewarding experience
Cons
inconsistency, lack of staff support, too much driving
Best interest of the student's at heart
Behavior Respite Direct Staff (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 15, 2015
Typically fun shifts with an incredibly flexible schedule. The management really cares for each employee and goes above and beyond to service the consumers and the employees.
Only good as a stepping stone, not as a career site.
Behavioral Instructor/Direct Staff (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 27, 2015
This is a job great for exposure to populations with special needs and is hence a wholesome starting point for those interested in careers in psychology and related fields. Theory and evidence-based practices are paramount to success. Initial assignments and scheduling are really flexible in accordance with one's availability. Once schedules become stable and more routine, one will inevitably build bonds and relations with clients and their families—understandably so since one would be with them in their home almost every day for months or even years. Progress is observable over time, changing lives of entire families who become touchingly grateful, leaving one with a sense of fulfillment. That's about all I found to be great about this job.

[For the uninitiated trying to research this company, this job, or this field, while with CPC you will work with individuals with behavioral diagnoses (i.e., autism spectrum disorders, Down's syndrome, cerebral palsy, etc.). The company takes on all referrals, so technical diagnoses of clients may also be on the fringes of that classification, and ages of clients range widely. Due to the nature of these population, there is always a chance that you may encounter or even be assigned to a case with aggression of varying degrees and frequencies—keep in mind that these families seek services for a reason.]

This company may offer a wage higher than what fresh undergraduates may usually get or expect, depending on completed level of academic degree and performance on competency tests through training, and that's great to start, but there
  more... are subsequently very few opportunities for that to grow through one's tenure with CPC. Per the handbook/protocol, one can earn up to two raises of 1-4% each raise, and direct staff become eligible for each raise after officially logging arbitrary milestones of service hours, the second of which is incredibly unreasonably high considering that the company often only schedules direct staff 15-20 hours a week, maybe in the mid to high 20s if you're really good and preferred by supervisors, but hardly ever 30+ unless they really can't find willing or suitable staff for certain cases. I should highlight here that this is a for-profit company.

Unless you're hired as a supervisor straight away, you do not get benefits. Employees must meet one of two criteria in order to be eligible for benefits, and each criterion spans a couple months and involves a minimum number of hours worked—which is hardly in the employee's control. Employees can work extra hours in the office aside from their contracted session hours with a compensation rate of the prevailing minimum wage, but in my experiences, these hours don't count toward eligibility for full time. I was denied by HR, and support from a supervisor and my senior admin was unfortunately fruitless. Again, a for-profit company.

Supervisors are hit or miss. They are the ones in charge of your client cases and corresponding reports, development of client programs, specialized training and guidance, etc. Some supervisors are simply incompetent at parts of their job. With some cases, often the "tougher" ones, supervisors may decide to cater to what would make things easier for the parent/family rather than building functional skills in the client to tackle issues at the foundation. Personally, I didn't like this because it never managed problematic behaviors or put them on extinction; in fact, on one of my cases, this approach actually created more opportunities for extreme behavior and maladaptive fixations to be reinforced (this is not what you want if you work in this field). Supervisors are required to fulfill a certain number of hours per week (in Orange County) of supervising you in the field, but that's become increasingly difficult over time. At the start, they surely do that regularly because you're a new hire, but if they acknowledge that you're really good at the job and get good reports from the parents/caretakers, they'll stop coming. This can easily be attributed to a reallocation of necessity and priority as other new hires come in, scheduled cases (supervisors oversee dozens—way too many—scattered all throughout OC) start to conflict in time/location, etc. Positively, however, the supervisors I worked with (majority of them during my tenure as a direct staff) are responsive when contacted. (Tip: Learn your supervisor's/supervisors' preferred mode of contact, be it email, phone call, or text message.)

The company's HR department (based in CPC's head office in Van Nuys) is nearly completely unresponsive. They never answer phone calls, even from local department heads or senior administrators. I have never received calls back from voicemails. They answer emails sometimes; if and when they do, they are often delayed. The payroll department is clearly understaffed considering how much they have to process for all offices combined every couple of weeks. Employees submit their own time sheets to payroll every pay period, and vast majority do so via email, but if the meager and mismanaged email system has issues (it's happened frequently), expect that check to get to you maybe a week or week and a half later than it should have. Speaking of the email system, the IT department also seems understaffed and/or underfunded. Email servers often have technical bugs and do not have a perpetual authorized security certificate (this leads to issues with mobile device syncing often), and company system servers are underperforming.

A bit of almost unspoken honesty: This is a lonely job. Direct staff work alone in the field with the client, and maybe the family pending their voluntary participation, and supervisors are the only people from the company whom you see outside the office. Maybe you'll get a visit from the quality assurance rep (usually a surprise visit), or someone from the county or other overseeing/contracting agency (another surprise visit), or the case's parent consultant (who technically works with only the parent(s)/guardian(s) and thus can schedule their visits non-contingent on your client's presence) or other direct staff freshly hired if you're good and trusted enough to have shadows on your cases, but most of the time and for most people, these don't happen. If you go to monthly "mandatory" staff meetings, it would be one of your only opportunities to get to know others in your position.

Those meetings are basically lectures on theory and practices, a form of regular re-training. Most staff leave immediately, some stay to gather materials and forms they need. Sometimes office staff prepare coffee, rarely do they prepare or offer snacks or confections. Most staff don't attend due to having classes or even other jobs during the same time, but usually maybe a classroom full of people show up.

I'm glad that I held my job for all that I've learned and experienced, for the families I've met and who have touched my life, for the few people I've met within the company who were actually down to earth, competent, cool, and critical, but I'm also glad I left. It's not a place to stay too long unless you already planned to have a lifelong career in behavioral psychology.
Rewarding but demanding occupation
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mission ViejoJanuary 29, 2015
Being a behavioral instructor at California Psychcare surely comes with a load of pros and cons. To start, working with autistic and Down Syndrome children provides a very rewarding feeling and is most definitely a job that requires one to develop and maintain utmost patience.

A typical day at work consists of driving over to a client's house in order to conduct 2-3 hour sessions of ABA (applied behavior analysis). The goal is to teach the clients socially acceptable behavior and also practice behavior modification in order to eliminate socially inappropriate behavior.

In my 2-3 months here, I've learned how demanding this field of work is, and just how much it can provide one with gratefulness and appreciation for life. The work done here would not be possible without the collaboration of all employees under the constant supervision of management. It is a bit different than other industries, especially because although we do have coworkers, you do not ever see them, as the services provided are one to one with the client.

The hardest part of the job is having to be mobile and drive everywhere around Orange County from home to home. We are compensated for gas mileage, however, I would preferably have a job that requires no travel. Although it is very tedious and a bit of a hassle to drive from client to client, the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of the children and their families.
Pros
Altruistic values, rewarding to see changes in children's' lives
Cons
Mileage on my vehicle and not being able to work with coworkers
Great learning experience
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 4, 2014
This was my first career job. The directors were great mentors, educators, and supporters for all the staff. Great management and open communication.
Worst Job Ever
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Riverside/Mission ViejoApril 7, 2013
The pay is terrible across the board. Supervisors have no support from upper management. Therapists receive poor training and upper management never listen or attempt to resolve real concerns until they experience it themselves, at which point it is too late to make a difference. None of the employees receive respect and there is a lot of favoritism with 1 particular culture/race. The only thing that matters is the numbers. It is obvious that this company is greedy! Heaven forbid if you ask for a raise! If you are doing a great job, they make things impossible to get one and give one excuse after another. The office team is nasty! There is a lot of gossip among them and the managers. Even the so called "nice ones" have hidden agendas and are manipulative. Anyone with any kind of minimal authority tries to put you down. Its a terrible work environment overall. The clinical upper management also does a lot of unethical things, like writting people up left and right, not steering supervisors or therapists in the right direction, send people to work without any proper training. The worst is if you ever speak up, you get told how you are wrong and incompetent to the point where you feel like you have no value as a human being. It is also difficult to get enough hours to work and if you do end up getting a salaried position..they work you to the bone!
Pros
gain experience from coming across nasty situations
Cons
benefits package is a joke, terrible benefits, management is scatterbrained, base everything on punishment, terrible company atmosphere, too much gossip
Evidenced Based Treatment with Burnout Employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Poor compensation, overall. Management says they "appreciate" you and they are grateful of all your hard work. That reeks of fake and is just a precursor to them thinking on how they can squeeze more work from you. If you're on salary, they expect you to fulfill an unrealistic amount of work, ranging from overbooking you with cases, administrative work (yes-- sometimes you're precious time is wasted scanning a handful of documents in front of a scanner) and sitting through meetings. Half of the meeting is about your productivity. You will be graded on your productivity bimonthly to the point of burnout. All the while you are expected to meet all your 'billable hours'. Realistically, you end up working for more than 40 hours a week. Yes, you get paid for less. The company earns more, however; as technically, you are doing what three people are supposed to do-- two people, if you're lucky.

On the positive side, CPC has a wealth of resources in ABA and treatments plans are grounded on the most up-to-date and proven methodologies of our science. If you are looking for a place to start ABA, CPC can teach you a lot. Treat this as a revolving door kind of deal. The turnover is high at CPC and there are valid reasons why.
Pros
good place to start with aba
Cons
travel time and in-office non-clinical work is paid at minimum wage, two-day training for new therapists is unpaid.