360 Behavioral Health Employee Reviews for Behavioral Specialist

Featured review
360 Behavioral Health selected this as a representative review
Friendly office staff and supportive supervisors
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJune 6, 2019
As a student, having flexible work hours is very important. The admins are understanding of my school schedule and provide me with the best schedule. The company invested in my growth by inviting me to take the Board Certified Autism Technician exam free of charge! They offered in office training to prep me for the exam. I passed on my first attempt! My immediate supervisors are always available when I have questions or need support
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Morning hours available but can be limited
Multitasking job trying to diminish a child's bad behaviors, and improve his/her good behaviors.
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 8, 2019
- A typical day working for 360 Behavioral Health included working in the home setting for a two hour period per session.
- I learned how to multitask and be assertive with children who fell on the autistic spectrum.
- Management is great at 360 Behavioral Health. The office manager or staffing coordinator always emails us when we need to submit our time sheets so that we will get paid on time. Everyone is professional.
- The workplace culture varied from home to home, but was good overall.
- The hardest part of the job was whenever a parent had a complaint.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in a child's life and seeing his/her bad behaviors diminish. I also had great joy when the parents thanked me for working with their children.
Experience to work with clients
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 25, 2019
It was fun. The feeling you get watching your client grow with you can never be replaced by anything. The office moved around a lot though, but it stays around Covina area.
Pros
free food occasionally
Cons
Must be over 20+ hours to be considered full time
Good place to work for if your a college student or if your going into the ABA field.
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 28, 2019
Overall good company. As a college student its very flexible and the pay is better than working at a fast-food place. The work isn't so physical but rather more mental.
Experience working in the field
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 19, 2019
The company is a good place to start to get experience however you will not receive many cases and the pay is low. Hours worked depend on the number of cases you have. Management is all over the place with high turnover.
Official response from 360 Behavioral Health
August 9, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We believe the Behavior Interventionist role is the perfect entry level position for anyone interested in pursuing a career in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. We do our best to be up front during the interview and hiring process so that we set realistic expectations about hours, schedule, number of cases, pay, etc. We encourage you to inquire with your Supervisor about getting additional cases added to your schedule if your availability allows. Thanks for being an integral part of 360 Behavioral Health and for all you for our families!

Hate to admit it..Dont work here
Behaviorist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 7, 2019
I quickly jumped into this job out of college, very excited to have a job. During my training I had one staff tell me how unorganized and unsupportive our supervisors were. Being new, I though "no, it can't be that bad". I am barley 4 months into the job and I am quitting. I LOVE the families I work for....but there is no support. I reach out to supervisors and do not get a response. My concerns are about the kids and they will say okay we will meet next week...does not happen. A month later I reach out again and my supervisor tells me I never sent him messages...I still have All of the messages. Next thing I know, I am off the case. So many shady little things. It's a first good job to gain some experience. I was really close to starting my graduate degree so I can get promoted, but you will see the name this company carries and I don't want that. I don't want the families to see me how they see our supervisors. I want to be in a company that has growth and puts the kids first. Some of our staff don't care enough about the kids and just see it as a job. Also, they will lie and say they are paying you more for a degree but it's a lie, they're not. I don't usually write reviews but I needed to for this. Very disappointed.
Pros
The families
Cons
The supervisors, the pay, the hours, the lack of benefits
Good starting point. Not a long term commitment
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 10, 2019
Others may have different experience but I’ve noticed a large amount of stress and complications with hours, pay, and benefits. It’s easy to feel alone and drive long length for cases that are 2 hours long. A good starting point but difficult to make a living as a BI.
Pros
Making a difference in children’s lives
Cons
Stress from caseloads
Terrible place to work
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Payroll for various pay periods are always incorrect, company has awarded bonuses for referring new hires and I never received my bonus after being in touch with 5 different people about it.
Cons
No breaks
unfair wages
BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 10, 2019
someone who was hired after me and I trained was offered more money and didn't have a background in child development or child care
manager asked me out several times
Professional Environment with lack of hours and or spport
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 3, 2018
Upon new to the company it will appear very promising. They surround you with educated people who seem serious about their craft (ABA)t. However, when you are given clients, you realize that not all supervisors are created equal. Management is very judgmental, and they promise you positions they have no intention of giving you. When they find out you get along with families and that you are skilled in ABA, they will leave you alone for long periods of time. No encouragement or support. On one case I didn't have a supervisor for four months. I must admit one supervisor there helped me learn ABA and I was able to get a full-time job with great benefits somewhere else because of it. This Company is excellent if you already have a full-time position. But please don't deceive yourself thinking IBH alone will provide you and your family what it needs.
Pros
Work independently; high wage
Cons
Not enough hours, poor support, gossip
Awesome starting job into ABA Therapy
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 14, 2018
I loved my case load and the job. It is a great job if you have a passion for autistic children. You meet many great people and learn so much. Recommended.
Flexible Hours
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJuly 10, 2018
This is a good position for those that need flexibility in their schedule who has benefits from another source of profession. It can be challenging at times but the reward of seeing kids overcome their mental learning disabilities are priceless.
Pros
Seeing kids overcome Mental Learning Disabilites
Cons
Not enough cases which leads to low hours and no incentive package
Behavioral Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CA 93401January 24, 2018
A typical day at work included working with children implementing care plans for special needs children. Worked closely with management to ensure plans were working correctly to change and correct behaviors. The hardest part of the job was the traveling long distances to get to the next client.
Pros
Paid mileage
Cons
traveling long distances
Great company
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CADecember 12, 2017
It is a great company although it does need a little more organization. There are too many points of contact and it is hard to communicate with the correct people.
Very fast work environment
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 28, 2017
I worked with people with mental illnesses. It was fun learning about new people, however, it did get stressful at times. I enjoyed my time with the company.
Great company, not enough hours.
Applied Behavioral Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 22, 2017
I would start by driving to the consumers house. Then, I would impliment programs until the end of session. When session is finished, I write a short report on how the day went. I then graph the findings.
Good part time job for college students and single parents
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 7, 2017
Able to make own schedule. Report to the clients home, school, ect. Worked with autistic children on improving their social skill and behavior. Maintained a very detailed and consistent scheduled with clients.
Pros
Working with children, fun outings at the part, or hokey games ect. Played games and builting rapport with entire family.
Cons
Some of the children were very unpredictable and could become violent or aggressive.
Rewarding job working with children with special needs
APPLIED BEHAVIORAL ANALYSIS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 29, 2017
Through the use of Applied Behavior Analysis, those who have a love and patience for working with children with autism, help to shape a child to become more independent. It's the perfect balance of aiding in decreasing maladaptive behaviors and increasing socially acceptable behavior.
Pros
flexibility, mileage compensation, great staff
Cons
hours are subject to change based on families/ staff availability
rewarding job
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2017
Love working with the children, being able to assist them in their success is very rewarding. It gets difficult sometimes, but it is well worth it. The pay is decent for a starter job as well
A Behavior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 7, 2017
overall a great place to work . It a part-time
the hours per month you work always change some times
they are less then they primise you . that the only bad thing
Great work experience
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 29, 2016
This job is a very rewarding experience. When I first started I did feel a bit overwhelmed however because I felt that the training really did not prepare me for some of the things I first experienced. I would advise people to maybe look into outside resources before jumping into this career path.

The job can be very stressful at times coming home with a massive migraine because your client was quick enough to grab you by your hair and yank your neck too fast. (They provide training for specific cases where this could happen, but I did not receive this training until maybe 4 months of working there).

Coworkers; Almost seems non-existent. You are provided with supervisors and a second staff for each case, however some cases the supervisors were hardly ever present. There were those rare cases where a supervisor was there pretty weekly which was very helpful in keeping up to date with one another. Otherwise expect to work without much coworkers during your workday.

I'd say the hardest part of the job was the inconsistency of some families with their schedule. Some families will cancel without much notice. You can be on 3-4 cases at a time but you have to cross your fingers that the families are willing to be consistent with the services. Some weeks you can put in 20 hours and the next week you'd put in only 8 because of cancellations. This may not be the case for everyone, but it was definitely something that I experienced.
Pros
Flexibility, rewarding experience
Cons
inconsistency, lack of staff support, too much driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 360 Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.