360 Behavioral Health

360 Behavioral Health Employee Reviews for Behavioral Therapist

Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
Friendly office staff and supportive supervisors
As a student, having flexible work hours is very important. The admins are understanding of my school schedule and provide me with the best schedule. The company invested in my growth by inviting me to take the Board Certified Autism Technician exam free of charge! They offered in office training to prep me for the exam. I passed on my first attempt! My immediate supervisors are always available when I have questions or need support
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Morning hours available but can be limited
July 13, 2019
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your experience working with California Psychcare in Santa Maria. We strive to promote a friendly environment and culture that offers support, communication and growth. We are happy to hear you are finding the flexibility you need as a student and that you plan to continue to growth with us. We’re excited you are a part of the 360 Behavioral Health family and we thank you for all you do for our families!
Working with the clients is great
I love working with the clients. What I do not like is the inconsistency of the hours which leads to the inconsistency of pay. Also, break time is not really break time because you have to drive to the next session.
Pros
Helping families
Cons
Always driving
Expect to do all the work and be thrown under the bus
Everything started out okay but very quickly spiraled down after training. They immediately throw you to the wolves with very difficult and aggressive cases when you have zero related work experience. The only teammates you really have are your coworkers directly working with you on a specific case. Supervisors are supposed to help complete incident reports but that never happened and you spend hours of unpaid time filling out paperwork. The first chance a supervisor gets to blame you for something, they will to cover themselves. Supervisors will threaten you with write ups and the company taking legal action against you to get their way. HR doesn't contact you when incidents occur nor does anyone investigate what truly occurred. Only had one supervisor that actually cared and stood up for people in my position.
An absolute nightmare!
This is really long, but I urge you to read this if you are seriously considering working here. Don’t let the “high wages” fool you. I came into this job as a second form of income. During my interview, my schedule was open three times a week from the early morning to 6pm at night. The supervisor basically told me that they didn’t have morning shifts and that if I wanted the job, I’d have to free up my schedule. This forced me into the corner of quitting my stable job since CPC “paid more”. First of all, I didn’t feel properly traIned, nor was I paid for training. I was basically thrown into my first case with only 9 hours of shadowing as a background. Talk about unethical. On top of that, you only get minimum for shadowing and not your standard rate. Other ABA companies make sure you attend a PAID training before even shadowing and then you begin work. I felt totally unprepared working with some of the kiddos due to terrible supervision. At one point, I requested a session off due to a orientation for my master’s program. I let my program coordinator know a week in advance as well as the parents of my kiddo and the administration office. That the admin could make changes to my online schedule and my program coordinator could make other arrangements. The day of my orientation, I come out with three missed calls and a text from my coordinator. When I called her back, she was annoyed and scolded me for not communicating with her about missing my session. I didn’t realize it was my job to remind my program coordinator to be more organized and attentive. A few weeks later, a co-worker - more...
Pros
The kiddos’ improvement
Cons
Everything else
July 13, 2019
We are sorry you feel your experience with California Psychcare in Long Beach didn’t meet your needs or expectations. We know there are always opportunities for improvement in our organization, and we are passing your comments along to our center director and regional director so they can explore further with our Long Beach team. Thanks for taking time to share details of your experience with us. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Behavioral therapist
I can say that it’s a great job. supervisors are very helpful and understanding. They help you with your schedule, they communicated efficiently. I recommend the job. Too bad you have to travel far if you want more hours.
July 13, 2019
We are happy to hear you are having a great experience as a part of our California Psychcare - San Diego team! We value communication and know how important flexibility is for our team members. While we can provide flexible schedules, we know distance and travel time can sometimes be a challenge. We are always open to ideas from our teammates about how we can address challenges with travel better and would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Please send a confidential email to our employee relations team at employeerelations@360bhmail.com with any ideas you’d like to share.

Thank you for being a part of the 360 Behavioral Health family.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Very unorganized and unprofessional
I never got paid on time and the work place was very unprofessional. Every worker there knows there’s a lot of things you can get away with doing knowing you’re not supposed to do it
July 13, 2019
We strive to promote a culture that fosters integrity and service excellence, and we expect our teammates to uphold our company values - always. We are disheartened to hear your thoughts about your experience with us. We would appreciate the opportunity to better understand your comment about not being paid on time, as well as your other observations, and we invite you to provide additional feedback confidentially by emailing our employee relations team at employeerelations@360bhmail.com. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
Horrible management
I was excited to work here initially, because the business had great face value and I loved how they marketed and presented themselves to my university. Working here turned out to be stressful at times, because management would take forever to get back to you on emails and phone calls. The scheduling manager that is supposed to give you cases does not respond which does a disservice to the families that need ABA services. I have tried over and over to get a hold of someone and when someone responds, they never follow through. You can find a behavioral therapist job elsewhere that pays more and values you as a direct staff. Save your time and energy.
July 13, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share details about your experience with our San Diego office. Feedback is always valued and helps guide our efforts to become a better company. We know communication plays an important role in success with our employees and our families, and we are disheartened to hear that most of your dissatisfaction seems to stem from communication issues. We would appreciate the opportunity to better understand your specific situation and invite you to send a confidential email to our employee relations team at employeerelations@360bhmail.com with additional details.
Don't do it
Right after I graduated from college, I was interested in a behavioral therapist job because I'd done it before so when I got a call for an interview (which the person who called was extremely unprepared and unprofessional also but i wasn't about to be picky) and was hired on the spot for this company I was really excited. I have about 7-8 years experience with children and have worked with many on the autism spectrum before. I got my background check and fingerprints done and sent them ALL of my information as soon as possible so I could get started faster. They told me I would need to come in for an exam, okay easy, I know a lot about operant conditioning and reinforcement ABA strategies. I passed the exam with "flying colors". Then they said within a week they'd call for my orientation since I had all my paperwork in. 1 week and a half goes by and nothing, so i call them only for them to say they were waiting on my fingerprints to come back and then they'll call me within the next week. At this point, I'm bummed but i understand sometimes fingerprints can take up to 3 weeks which it had been about that at this point. Then another week goes by and still nothing, i decided to wait another half week and then called them. No answer. I emailed them and got a response from the receptionist who said she'd forward my email to the person who needs it. I never heard back from them and after 1 month of nothing, i found another job. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME with this place. All the 1 star reviews are on here for a reason. After almost 2-2.5 months they called me asking for me to call them - more...
Cons
management
July 13, 2019
We know once a candidate accepts a position with us, the candidate is usually excited and anxious to get started. We strive to move our candidates through on-boarding as quickly as possible, and to proactively communicate with them along the way so they always know where we they are at in the process.

It’s disappointing to hear that this didn’t seem to be your experience. We know there is always room for improvement in our organization, and we are passing your comments along to our Upland Center Director and Regional Director so they can investigate and implement any adjustments we need to make to avoid a similar situation in the future. Thanks for taking time to provide us with this feedback.
This was not a great place to work
This place was not a great place to advance or become an expert in the field. I had a difficult time getting my correct pay. Sometimes the pay would be late or incorrect.
Pros
The company made sure that all employees had their certificates.
Cons
Inconsistent pay.
Horible management
Supervisors where not supportive. Never showed up to session. At the beginning when I first started working supervisors where always on top of everything however everything changed. No support from uppee management. Admin always chainging policies and then aomehow would chang them back to the ild policy every month was a new chage. No room for development improve. They tried to help but would never follow througb
Horrible place to work if you like drama and being paid late sign up
Worse job ive ever worked at i had the opprotunity to work at three locations the Van Nuys office,Santa Clarita, and Bakersfield off out of all of them Bakersfield and Van nuys were the worse lack of communication never enough hours and always placed me on cases an hour away from my home i literally was working for gas money in hopes hours would improve but nope. When i asked for more hours or cases in my surrounding areas i would get the run around company is a complete waste of time all positive mental energy will be exhausted draining in every aspect
Pros
Training
Cons
Management, hours, organization, communication
It was okay
I appreciated how thorough the training was. I felt well prepared to work with children with Autism. However, I was not assigned a case and I was left in limbo. I was not clear on whether I was still employed, and I quietly left when I started attending Pepperdine University.
Pros
Very efficient training
Cons
I was not assigned a case immediately, and I ended up waiting for months
Great for Students Ready to Learn
This job is great for students as it’s part time. It’s also great for people to learn new skills as it’s an entry level job. You don’t need much to be hired and it’s a rewarding job. It’s not for everyone as you are working with children with autism and you might get bitten, scratched, hit, kicked, pulled, pushed etc. But if you’re willing to make a difference then I’d recommend it. Unfortunately, the pay isn’t the best. You’ll only work 4-5 hrs a day. There isn’t full time positions unless you want to be a superviosor (must have a masters degree in ABA).
Pros
Paid monthly trainings/lunch
Cons
Minimal hrs, no growth unless ABA masters degree
A Part-Time Filled with Great Learning Opportunities
Working as a behavioral therapist for California Psychcare, I learn something new almost every session. The supervisors I have worked with always make sure I feel supported and answer my questions when I need clarification. Watching the kids progress and master out of their programs is extremely rewarding.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Mostly part - time and unable to use supervisors as job references
Look Someplace else
Pros
Some of the families are GREAT! I love working with the kids! You can see advancement in them which is amazing to see! Cancellations at the door are paid. Its an okay job for someone who is a full time student.

Cons

They just got bought out, so it's suppose to be "better". HA! They are just pushing their former employees out. You are expected to drive everywhere (they never really told us about the amount of driving in the interview). You get NO support. Yet they expect you to know everything. If you think you are going to pay rent with this job GOOD LUCK! So many cancellations, and the company keeps hiring more people so …

Advice to Management

See what other ABA companies are doing! They provide tool bags and do everything on iPads! You make us spend our own money (which the pay is not worth it), on tools used for consumers.
Overall
The job is not bad. The management was stressful. I had to learn a lot of things on my own. Some supervisors are very supportive but everyone is stressed out.
Great job opportunity for undergrads
This job is ideal for undergraduate students who want to gain professional experience. This is a part-time job, so I would recommend it to those who do not have many bills to pay. I like the ongoing training and support from your supervisors if you encounter any issues or simply need more support in your cases. You typically spend two-three hours per case. The company offers flexible working hours, so you are able to work on the days that work best for you. However, most cases take place in the afternoon since the consumers are in school during the day.
Pros
experience
Cons
some parents
its alright
It can be stressful at times because communication is lacking and also not getting more hours to work is bad. i enjoy working with kids but i dont think the company helps to advance my career.
Bad Hours Bad Pay
It is hard getting hours to be full time and not enough pay for the services provided. Management does not know what they are doing. They are very lost and always ill prepared.
Great learning experience
Got hired with no experience. Company was very helpfull in teaching and training new employees. It was a great way to get started in my career. Very happy to have worked for them.
Slow with communication
There were times when I would get contacted to sign documents that were dated almost a month ago. Communication was slow and it made it difficult to understand the plan or the process.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at 360 Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6