360 Behavioral Health

360 Behavioral Health Employee Reviews for Instructor

Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
Friendly office staff and supportive supervisors
As a student, having flexible work hours is very important. The admins are understanding of my school schedule and provide me with the best schedule. The company invested in my growth by inviting me to take the Board Certified Autism Technician exam free of charge! They offered in office training to prep me for the exam. I passed on my first attempt! My immediate supervisors are always available when I have questions or need support
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Morning hours available but can be limited
Official response from 360 Behavioral Health
July 13, 2019
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your experience working with California Psychcare in Santa Maria. We strive to promote a friendly environment and culture that offers support, communication and growth. We are happy to hear you are finding the flexibility you need as a student and that you plan to continue to growth with us. We’re excited you are a part of the 360 Behavioral Health family and we thank you for all you do for our families!
Don’t apply unless you’re bored
The best part of this place are the kids! You grow a bond with some kids that it makes it hard to leave. I’ve come across some great families. BUT, management is horrible. There are some supervisors that refuse to call CPS or higher management if they don’t feel its “sufficient” yet they make you fill out a severe incident report so the company has proof it was written down! (Maybe one of the reasons they are constantly sued?)Very horrible line of communication but you are expected to answer your phone/emails at any hour of the day. Management can sometimes take days to answer an email/text or even return a phone call. The pay is also garbage. have
Fulfilling but not for everyone
I have worked with the company for about 4 years. I have both experience as an admin in the office and direct staff (behavior instructor/interventionist). My experience with the company has mainly been positive however, there are many ways the company can improve.

The first year I worked with the company I was frequently paid late. I often received my paycheck about 1-2 weeks late. The times I was paid on time, I was not paid my full hours worked and I would have to call payroll in order to receive my full paycheck. The company has improved in this aspect. However, when it comes to getting paid for sick time I often receive it late till this day. There was onetime it took them 4 months to pay me for a few days I was out sick. When I called payroll, they said my office never sent in my sick time form. Little did they know, the office had already forwarded me two emails they had sent payroll weeks earlier with my sick time form. Payroll makes a lot of mistakes and they are not held accountable. They blame office admins for their mistakes.

Admins in the office are overworked. This leads to admins often being disrespectful and rude to direct staff. Admins don’t always return phone calls or emails from direct staff. You have to constantly be trying to call and send emails to talk to the staffing coordinator. Sometimes the only way to get an admin to respond to an email is to CC the director or the QA.

It’s difficult to get hours and a steady schedule as a direct staff (BI). When I first started the first few months I worked about 3-5 hours per day but my hours were spread
 - more...
Pros
Seeing the growth in clients.
Cons
Benefits or lack there of.
Low team feeling and unity
They will try to take advantage of you and exploit you without appropriate remunerations. Very stressful work environment and very little to none support from staff.
Official response from 360 Behavioral Health
July 13, 2019
Thanks for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We know working as a Behavior Interventionist can be stressful and demanding, which is why we strive to provide a culture that offers support and communication and that fosters a team environment. We are disheartened you feel you didn’t receive the support you needed. Our goal is to proactively engage with our employees to be sure they have what they need, and we encourage our employees to reach out to their supervisor and/or center director for additional help or assistance any time.

We would appreciate the opportunity to better understand your concerns about appropriate renumeration. We invite you to send a confidential email to us at employeerelations@360bhmail.com with additional details. Your input can help us identify opportunities for improvement in our organization and can help guide our efforts.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Not Good
Honestly I came to this company because I was unemployed and did not know anything about ABA therapy or anything like that. I do love the clients, working with them and having build up that rapport but with supervisors administration and management that is what is making me quit. I understand that supervisors are overloaded but we Behavior Instructors need help especially those that just come in. I felt like the training was good and all. But then they just throw you in there I had 3 cases 2 with the same supervisor and the other case with a different one, the one with the same supervisor was weird she wouldn’t check up and come into the house which she has to at least 2x a month while my other supervisor came always checking how the client was going and what I was doing or what i needed help improving on which I love because I want to grow and advance but there is no advancement in this company. Only people that gossip, which are the supervisors they talk about being in this company for 12 years and I was happy but how everything’s is happening I do not understand how someone can stay for 12 years and not get frustrated. I felt my voice wasn’t being heard and had technical issues with emails. Frustrating but the actual job with client is what got me through but now I am searching for another company that will hear what I have to say and also be there for me with the support I need
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great staff, terrible hours
The pay is good and your team is great but the hours are pretty bad and if clients cancel on you there is no pay. Working with the families is great but can be very stressful. Not for everyone.
Great Learning experience
This was a great learning experience and opportunity to expand ABA knowledge. Opportunity for growth but not easily known to staff. Management was very supportive and helpful
Behavior instructor
Ok hiring management but the individual supervisors are sometimes over whelmed with their work load and people activities and families needs are often overlooked, they need more people to care
Good place for experience.
CPC is a great place to gain experience, especially after college. The only problem is the lack of support that the staff gives you. I’ve learned to just not ask questions anymore because the answer always is “oh the information is in your orientation binder” when in some cases it’s not. I don’t understand why they give you a hard time. The office girls are in the office for that reason! To help, I shouldn’t have to email 3 different people 3 times and call because no one gets back to you. It’s mostly a self taught job. I think that’s why so many people quit and CPC is always hiring, it’s because the lack of support and help from everyone! Supervisors, and office staff.
Pros
Experience and kiddos
Cons
Lack of support poor management
Made for someone who wants to pursue behavioral studies
This job is designed for a college student with little to no financial obligations. The turnover is awful. Benefits are available but only at 35 hours management at the Riverside site makes sure you stay under 30 hours by taking cases away for no real reason.

Company does not protect you against problem behaviors such as spitting biting and fighting.

It is just about impossible trying to get them to provide arm guards goggles and kneepads when you’re working with younger children.

Office staff quality control and some supervisors are unacceptably unprofessional.

Extra hours at work are only offered six hours a month.
Pros
It’s a form of income, no high requirements, can make your own schedual
Cons
Little pay, no raise, poor working conditions in some homes
Work hours
I just started working here, so far everything is great, there is room for growth, the program coordinators are great, staff is extremely helpful. They have a lot of cases but I'm trying to get some cases during the day. So far, I've only been assigned cases after 3 pm for example 6-8pm which may work for some, but it is doesn't fit with my current school schedule.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Daytime hours
Flexible hours, challenging/ rewarding, poor management
CPC is good for students needing flexible work hours. The admin office is understaffed and overworked. Behavioral instructors may have the option to extend and assist with office coverage, not at their regular instructor wage, but typically more than min. wage.

The supervisors are generally supportive to staff and the families they work with, but stuggle with balancing hours for visits and meeting due to the workload/ staffing.

Instructors work in-home and implement programs and behavior support plans. Milage and drive-time between sessions up to 1 hr is provided. Staff schedule is somewhat at the mercy of the familes in regards to cancellations. Staff only get paid if those cancellations are at the door (doesn't count if you got the call/text right before you left your house).
Pros
rewarding, flexibility, challenging, milage pay, technology allowance, sick days, personal time off (unpaid)
Cons
Understaffed, no paid vacation, difficult families (sometimes), HR not timely or efficient
Challenging but rewarding
Working directly with children with Autism is hard but gratifying. To see the progress that the children make possible because of you is amazing. I learned how to be a support to families with children who are special needs. Supervisors are prompt and resourceful.
Pros
Felxable hours
Cons
no benefits
Flexible, Friendly, and Collaborative
The company works well with your hours, specially for students. They provide many training to prepare you for what could happen during work and have supervisors who respond quick-- should you need any help.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Must drive to locations
Do not work here
They have a horrible management system, they lost all of my documentation and waited several weeks to contact me after I contacted them several times. They were rude during training, and made several people feel as stupid. The management does not care about their employees, and give little to no training. They are disorganized and scatter brained. The clients are the only good part about working here.
Great learning experience
I must say, I definitely enjoyed all the kiddos I worked with and their families. The hardest part of the job was having to leave the kids when we had to rotate and introduce a new therapist. It was also hard to have clients cancel ahead of time and not get paid for that session.
Can be very demanding
This job can be very stressful, dealing with the parents. Supervisors for the most part are helpful, but you also have those that are very bad. Can't do this job for much longer.
Best job I've ever had so far
What I loved most about working here was being able to apply your knowledge from school onto a work setting. There were definitely days that were very challenging, but the team you work with is always very supportive in helping instructors succeed. I feel that this job has improved my communication and leadership skills greatly.
Pros
great experience, work with awesome children and caring family/supervisor
Cons
not enough work hours, a lot of milage on car
Low pay for Grads
If you are going to call staff "therapist" you should pay better. Billing is far more important then client care or employees.
Pros
a job
Cons
low pay
Good experience but not for long term
I was excited to start working here, but honestly I've only been there one month and I hate it. Hours are VERY inconsistent. Families will cancel session and you don't get paid for that. It's like you wake up not truly knowing if you're going to work or not. I mean, the job is good for someone who wants a little side hours.
On the other hand, working with the children is rewarding. After you see how much they learn, it makes you happy.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Not enough hours
Very flexible place to work around your schedule
My positions requires me to do direct home services with the client so a typical day would be to prepare materials and check through their binder and write down notes and programs for that day. Then engage and interact with the client and use the opportunities or create opportunities to teach social and functional skills that are appropriate for their age.
The hardest part of the job would be figuring out how to motivate the client to want to learn a new skill without enabling them but through the support of the parents and supervisor, the overall job and tasks can be very enjoyable.
Pros
Paid mileage
Cons
When a client cancels you won't get paid.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at 360 Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6