360 Behavioral Health Employee Reviews for Instructor

Featured review
360 Behavioral Health selected this as a representative review
Friendly office staff and supportive supervisors
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJune 6, 2019
As a student, having flexible work hours is very important. The admins are understanding of my school schedule and provide me with the best schedule. The company invested in my growth by inviting me to take the Board Certified Autism Technician exam free of charge! They offered in office training to prep me for the exam. I passed on my first attempt! My immediate supervisors are always available when I have questions or need support
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Morning hours available but can be limited
Productive work enviornment
Behavior Instructor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 9, 2015
Great people in the work place. Management is good but could be more on-top of things.
Also able to get in contact with co-workers and I've learned a lot on my own as well as through the numerous trainings held at the office.
Hardest part of the job is the field work of course and not knowing what the kiddos might be behaving that day and implementing the necessary blocking/ redirecting/ following through techniques as well as the patience needed.
Most enjoyable part of the job is building that one on one rapport with the client and helping assist them reaching their goals.
Useful tools to better develop my ABA skills
BEHAVIORAL INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 29, 2015
This job has been so helpful with my ability to work with families one on one. CPC has also helped give me the confidence to have even more creative ideas to apply when using ABA techniques.
Rewarding but demanding occupation
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mission ViejoJanuary 29, 2015
Being a behavioral instructor at California Psychcare surely comes with a load of pros and cons. To start, working with autistic and Down Syndrome children provides a very rewarding feeling and is most definitely a job that requires one to develop and maintain utmost patience.

A typical day at work consists of driving over to a client's house in order to conduct 2-3 hour sessions of ABA (applied behavior analysis). The goal is to teach the clients socially acceptable behavior and also practice behavior modification in order to eliminate socially inappropriate behavior.

In my 2-3 months here, I've learned how demanding this field of work is, and just how much it can provide one with gratefulness and appreciation for life. The work done here would not be possible without the collaboration of all employees under the constant supervision of management. It is a bit different than other industries, especially because although we do have coworkers, you do not ever see them, as the services provided are one to one with the client.

The hardest part of the job is having to be mobile and drive everywhere around Orange County from home to home. We are compensated for gas mileage, however, I would preferably have a job that requires no travel. Although it is very tedious and a bit of a hassle to drive from client to client, the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of the children and their families.
Pros
Altruistic values, rewarding to see changes in children's' lives
Cons
Mileage on my vehicle and not being able to work with coworkers
rewarding and interesting
Behavior Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2014
Very nice people to work with. It would be a great side job, but they don't offer enough hours to be full time.
Good
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 17, 2014
Good place to work especially if you want to further your studies in that field.
Heartbreaking Environment
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 20, 2013
I enjoyed with children and I was happy to have this chance to work with kids diagnosed with autism and share some part of my life with them.
challenging and rewarding area to work
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 24, 2013
the job itself is a great place to work at to impact the lives of autistic children. however the company that i worked for is fine but the high desert office was poorly managed were staff were not update for the childs programs and the supervisor had no qualification for thier position. the office had great potential to be the best in the high desert with its staff but its supervisor/case manageer was did not have the client best interest in mind. the most enjoybale part was working with the children and seeing progess. the hardest part was dealing with an incompetent supervisor/ case manager.
Pros
working with children
Cons
under qualified supervisors
Working with children with different levels of autism .
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 4, 2012
A day at work would be just a learning experience every day, because not only would I be working with children but each child had a different level of autism. Some children would be aggressive others wold be calm or quiet. In order to work with children with autism you would have to have great patients and be willing to help them get understand how life is outside their home . Management was not so great in my part when you would have to ask for more cases or hours. They would always tell you they would give you a call back or to talk to someone else and if you did they would transfer you to someone else. It would be a big circle. With working with your fellow co-workers you wouldn't really see them much because each one of us had different children and cases to work. The only time you would actual see your co-workers would be when you have meetings about the case and what we all need to work on to improve the child's skills, and when we would have holidays dinners or party's.
Pros
holiday dinners, work parties, pay, and children
Cons
cases, hours, and management