3M

3M Employee Reviews for Technical Support Specialist

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,527 reviews

3M insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Fun Workplace

It is a very good place to gain work experience. You will support many types of programs from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Skype and Network access.

December 13, 2019
Hello,Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that overall you enjoy working for 3M and really appreciate you sharing your experience.

Unnecessarily stressful

Because there was not assurance that you would have a job there was no team environment. I learned how a work with Zebra Printers. Management was hard to read.

December 9, 2019
Hello, Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you felt as though working at 3M was unnecessarily stressful, and appreciate you sharing this feedback with us. We have passed this review on to HR in Monrovia.

Great people.

Excellent working environment and great management teams. Customer services, product applications support, technologies trainings were very thorough and fair

September 20, 2019
Hello,Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that overall you enjoy working for 3M and really appreciate your feedback.

Great place 15 years ago

I can't say what it's like now but I loved working there. Things started changing right after I started. The new CEO started cutting programs but the people working there were great. After two years they started voluntary lay-offs. I took it as I had other life changes happening.

Great benefits and good place to work.

I worked with 3M Monitoring for 5 years and 8 months. I loved working there as it was a great place, good co-workers, and you know that you were making a difference. I would say that they need more work in people skills and more.

Pros

benefits and making a difference in the world making a difference

Cons

Manegorial skills are lacking.

Global Company, good salary, good products, they need better focus on the work rather than personal issues.

The daily working hours are not respected. The manager always keep us hors in addition to our duty. Also, they tease us with our vacation and oblige us to take it out of our desired period. No appreciation. They ply politics with lobbies inside the company, The atmosphere of reporting officially and unofficially of any word you say to the manager is prevailing. The managers not telling the truth and even sometimes plan to fail an employee, instead of supporting him the game of surviving is played by everyone. Less focus on the sales results.

Pros

HR strong, good salary and compensations

Cons

unfair, salespeople take all the cresits, slow progression, no job secure, lobbies

Good place to start IT career

I start at service desk, then got promoted to dispatcher. It is really nice to work face-to-face with clients. As a dispatcher you can manage your work day yourself to successfully resolve all the issues.

Pros

good for experience

Cons

location rotation

Very good company

3M is a very good company. Glad I work for a great global company. They take good care of you and the culture is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K
1.4K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 3M.
Powered byComparably