4over, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 10, 2018
The work is easy. The work environment however, is horrible. They favorite certain employees over everyone. The management is weak and you can tell they don’t know how to run the place by their actions or lack there of. They lie to you about how good this place is. They under pay you and they will overwork you. This is more of entry level print shop, if you have experience then don’t waste your time.
Pros
Non
Cons
Ok job if you need trainning, wouldnt recomend it to anyone with experience.
Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2018
Equipment is broken and wore out, have to train new people weekly. Managent is in way over their head one person tries to manage 34 people and do four jobs, fails consistently and blaims everyone else. Lots of promises are made none are kept. All in all if you want to learn a trade it's good place to start but if your a journeyman don't waste your skills, they will never appreciate your talent. It is the Mc Donalds of print.
Discrimination is the normal, and while they give you pto they never approve it and take it as much as possible. Been in printing 20 years and have never been so let down in a company that I put my all in.
Pros
Cons
Poor managment no room for growth, run down equipment.
There's no better workplace than 4Over, Inc.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 5, 2018
As long as u went in and did your job you had no worries; your shift was over before u knew it. Co workers there were team players; they never let a co-worker struggle; everyone helped everyone. There's no better workplace than 4Over, Inc.
Excellent interview and nice manager
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 8, 2018
Perfect interview with management excellent company to work. Good atmosphere applied her for delivery driver. Hope to work here again. Very flexible is you need any day off
Working shipping and receiving and pick up
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moonachie, NJApril 18, 2018
Am working shipping and receiving plus pick up window, scanning the label, check the weight, send the right person right time, make sure my job completely done the right way with a company police, working with my supervisor as a team ,learning a lot of stuff ,how to shipping and receiving,.working window customers they got there own items ,to make sure before they leaving must sign or print the name, I will do my best my customers happy ,if anything wrong, I call my supervisor to solve the problem,.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short break
Not a good company to work for - Very Dishonest
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UTMarch 12, 2018
If you are looking at working for this company, I would think again. The corporate office is a joke, they are unorganized and do not understand basic laws of HR. Your manager and corporate will tell you that they will be advancing you, but it will never happen. Then when you ask about it, they will set you up to be fired. A bit of advice if you do work there, act stupid. They do not like anyone who can think on their own or offer a way of doing things better. They think they know everything. If you have a degree, don't worry about using any of it here. They don't care what you bring to the table. Don't worry about dedicating yourself to this job, they will not appreciate anything extra that you bring to the table. The same rules do not apply to everyone. The employee handbook is only followed for some, while others get away with anything. You are always set up to have to lie to corporate to cover up what is really going on.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
The corporate office can not get on the same page
They suck
4over is not even 4th best, last over (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2018
Let's be honest, this is a sweat shop. They use and abuse. There are better places. They want you to try out for two weeks with no benefits. Bad conditions, hot no air, this is Phoenix. Bad pay, really bad pay.
Pros
Job
Cons
Worst place I have worked in years
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 1, 2018
As a packer you can expect less than $9 an hour. Standing at tables for long hours. Hands and fingers cut continuously, from paper with sharp edges.
Company is based in California, owned by Middle Eastern family. There is the mentality of females not being promoted, along with managers playing favoritism with male employees.

Drugs openly used, by both managers and some employees.

If you attempt to address the issue, your vehicle will be damaged. Mandatory overtime no excuses, they wait until time to leave then tell you that you can not leave.

So run don't walk away from this company.
very bad experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 25, 2017
this place was the sadest workplace that I ever worked for. the management treat you like a dog.. they have no respect for any employee and they do not meet the lowest standards for a normal work enviorment
Not a good work environment when equipment didn't work
Machine Operator cutter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2017
Wasn't happy with management
Broken equipment wouldn't get fixed properly

Great benefits
401k life insurance
Paid time off

Want to know more about 4over, Inc.?

Ask a question
Easy work with low pay
Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 4, 2017
Great if you like to work 6 to 7 days a week with additional over time during the week. Poorly managed company with very little insensitives. This company struggles with compensation to its employees.
Pros
Workers are nice
Cons
Management, low pay, favoritism and poor training
Printing company
Packaging / quality control (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHFebruary 25, 2017
Made flyers business cards. We packed them i checked quality and RF scanned all jobs for shipping. Very fast paced. Good company treat employees very well.
Just left, was driver
Delivery driver (van) (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAJune 24, 2016
Just left, was van driver. They had no back up if others were out. Was suppose to take the other guy's load. They run their business from video cams. 14.50hr. the load you paddle comes up from NJ every morning. They go thru drivers or trucking companies as well.
I also left with another driver. Do your studying before you take this one, we didn't. Your always on the phone to NJ, or Calf.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 25, 2016
Very unorganized. Orders are always late and it's hard to get information from other faculties on late orders. Management don't value employees.
Productive and fast-paced work place.
Machine Operator/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2015
I learned a lot working at 4Over. Operating a variety of different printing and cutting machines. The work kept me busy throughout the shift. It was never a dull moment and there was always something new to learn every day. My co-workers had great work ethic. They cared about the customer and that was my main motivation while working. Proving quality products and keeping the customer happy.
Pros
Respectable management, Gain-share Incentives.
Cons
None that I can think of.
not a great career move
machine operator (Former Employee) –  arlington, TexasAugust 3, 2015
This is a good place for younger ppl not supporting family. All the overtime you can handle, and with the wages, your gonna need it!! Managment doesn't disclose certain information critical to your employment (raises, PTO, ect). Their motto is getting the most out of workers for as less as possible. So like I said, not a great "career" move, but an "OK" job.
Pros
co workers are cool, work is fairly easy
Cons
wages are low, company has no morale in the work place
4Over Inc Review *Ohio Plant*
Operator I (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 25, 2015
Ok. First off this is my first manufacturing job. All my previous jobs were retail. And....well utterly unsatisfying. 4over Inc I had never once heard of when I applied. My starting wage was $10.00 an hour. I started as a Packer in the Cutting department. Basically in this position your required to make a lot of boxes and put stuff in them. Its simple. But it requires excellent memory and multi-tasking. I was moved to a machine(Cutter) which is basically a giant razor blade for cutting paper. After One-Year of successfully training and learning to operate this machine I was given a wage increase to $12. This job requires constant standing. And lifting consistently upwards of 20 to 100lbs on a regular basis. Women need not apply. Women are usually directed to "quality control" which has the same pay structure as cutters. Not sure why this is? But its how they do things. Also the Ohio Plant is currently running a 6 day a week schedule....so new hires can expect this. Nice because it equals constant Overtime $$$ and its annoying because your weekends are gone. This pretains mostly to the cutting department....other departments have different pay scales and hours.

The benefits are remarkably good. And cheap as long as your insuring only yourself....families it gets much more expensive very quickly. Also there are TONS of options and supplimental insurance. You also get the normal jazz all your major holidays are paid. Plus you get One floating holiday to use as you wish. Paid time off is slow to accrue in my opinion. But its there. The wages are not bad. I find them to be
  more... good. But I'm younger and not really supporting a family. Everybody is different.
The breaks are rough. Expect 2 ten minute breaks and a 30 minute unpaid lunch. Right as you sit down and get comfortable its right back to the floor. Also the management is a bit weird? Sometimes you score an amazing boss. Sometimes not. Also I've come to find keeping things to yourself is important....being in a large plant feels like high school all over again.
The BIGGEST thing for anyone considering this company is to be wary of missing work. I've seen a good many individuals fired for something as simple as missing work. This place is fairly understanding of emergency situations....that happens. But to much to soon will get you booted to the curb.

Overall? I'd say its not a bad place to work. Show up on time and its a wonderful place to work. Easy to stay under the radar and the work really isn't that hard. Its just enough to send you home tired. But not exhausted. Overtime opportunities are EVERYWHERE. Advancement is more difficult and really just depends on if you want to grow with the company or not. You can come in and stay what you are for as long as you want. To my knowledge no position has any "top out" pay cap. Or you can earn some college degrees and gain senority and bounce to different departments and you can move up. Its just more difficult then most places.
Pros
Paid Holidays. Paid Time Off. Good Benefits. Decent Wages.
Cons
Short Breaks. Hit or Miss Management. Strict Attendance Policy.
Unappreciated workplace!!
Binder (Former Employee) –  Arlington,TxFebruary 27, 2015
I worked in the Arlington facility in Texas. Mgmt was horrible. Most of the workers were Hispanics that were terrified of Mgmt due to scared they might lose their job. Workers were treated with no respect and you would be constantly micro-managed thru surveillance cameras. I have been in the business for over 25 years and this could probably be the worst place I have worked.
Pros
Cons
pay, mgmt, benefits and work environment
Wages Below Industry Standards!
Orig. Empl. of 1st 20 Hires (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 10, 2015
Management is disrespectful and abusive. There is no advancement opportunities in all the departments.

Plant managers keep getting fired by Global Plant Manager (3 in 3 years). Anybody see a problem here?

They have a bonus share program that is structured. By the time it is in your check taxes have taken 3/4... Leaving enough for McDonald's Happy Meal. It is ridiculous.

If you work OT on a week that there is a holiday or you took a vacation day, you will not be paid OT.... Just the regular rate.

No opportunities for women in management. Company is very man-top heavy.
Pros
??--- apart from good people I met, there is nothing positive
Cons
wages are barely above the poverty line
Stay away from this place!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJDecember 8, 2014
Revolving door. No loyalty to hard-working employees. Place is being run by dumb and dumber. No management at all. Like working in a Chinese sweat shop. Stay away from this place. No future for you here
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 4over, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4