4Over, LLC
Happiness rating is 47 out of 100

4Over, LLC Employee Reviews

United States154 reviews

machineovertimeproblemworkerdepartmentadvancementbreakpoor

Fun place with a lot of good people. Fast paced environment. Sometimes a little stressful . Good benefits and pay. Quarterly bonuses.Clean air-conditioned work area

a new experience

I gain a lot of experience in working with machines which was new to me. very comfortable workplace with excelent and hard worker managers. good benefits for employees.

4Over, LLC insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

The worst company to work for

Stay away! The company is full of unqualified, inexperienced, stubborn, inconsiderate, "yes" people who work in silos because they don't want you to know how little they actually do/know. This family-owned business does not understand how to run a business nor how to locate and cultivate talent. They prefer instead to promote their friends and relatives. The amount of misinformation communicated internally and externally was ridiculous. HR is very unprofessional and unwelcoming. Management never wants your input, they want you to smile and agree with whatever new policy they have come up with.

Pros

Decent compensation and benefits package

Cons

Everything else, Incompetent management, lack of communication, unreasonable expectations, stressful work environment

Probably the best job I will ever have in my lifetime

I was let go in June due to COVID. Every day I woke up feeling great about working for this place. The Chicago facility was a small distribution hubs so there was only 6 people in the entire place. Each day our freight was trucked in sorted and loaded to be delivered. Deliveries were done by choice of the driver, Meaning there was no time restraints or order you had to do them in. Anytime there was an issue you could always call back to the office or somebody above the person in the office if needed. GREAT benefits.

Pros

Quarterly bonuses, holiday lunches, no dress code, no weekends.

Cons

Clandestine management, no advancement opportunities in facility

Management Is Utter Garbage.

I would advise anyone looking for a job to avoid this place. They will low ball you and do all they can to bend you to their will. You will not be treated fairly, if they tell you they'll do something for you they are lying. You will work the same job same position as someone else with the same amount of time and your pay will be vastly different. This is based off of who you know/ who you are related to. We need unions here badly! The culture is toxic here...and I mean TOXIC! Management does not respect their workers at all. Co workers treat each other horribly gossip horseplay etc all go on constantly. What this place needs in terms of management is less of them. Too many of them right now, all doing something different and distracting workers. It's hard to get my tasks done when I have 4 to 6 managers a day coming around all bothering me about the same thing. They act as if we don't have emails and phones...they have to come around in person? This shows a major lack of skill. It's 2020 time to learn how to use that computer on your desk, and craft an email. It wouldn't shock me if they can't read...I'm serious.Advice fire the current manager's or demote them. Hire new blood managers that will come in and work in a modern and less bias way. Less talk and more action guy's...All you do is sent emails about how we are gonna do this and do that. No one cares. You don't pay me enough to care. We don't give a single hoot about whatever corporate HR gimmick you've worked up to look as tho you can about the current issues at hand or people. Stop it. We know your lying. We just -

Pros

I can at least afford to not be homeless.

Cons

Management. Culture. Coworkers. The entire corporation.

At first bad management then got new management then built a very good team and then unfortunately covid-19 like other businesses slow down due to lack of business the facility closed down which was understandable if they open back up our facility I would totally go back to work for them good company

Pros

Very well structured

Cons

Sometimes certain departments didn't have the right lead person

productive

Really busy i learn a lot managment goodwork place culture educatethe hardest part nothing the most enjoyable people clean place good atention confortable half hr lunch

Pros

free lunches

Cons

health care

Not Bad

I worked there for about three years and due to COVID-19 I was let go. It wasn’t a bad place to work but the management doesn’t help by causing drama and picking favorites. They choose to not acknowledge problems nor help solve them. It is a laid back environment and as long as you do your work you’ll be left alone. That’s how a lot of people prefer it there.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

A lot of creeps, management picks favorites

Buena

Es una empresa con buena estructura y ofertas de seguro

communication

fast paste good energy good employees everything organized a lot of space good breaks they provide good gloves good ear plugs good holiday spirits good food machines

Toxic environment

Not a collaborative healthy work environment, more like a widow maker company. Executives did not respect our department and it was like the good old boys club.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

fun working place

fun working place team work encouraged you get to learn how to use different machines and other many skills that are applied there. great working environment

Owner is not very nice. Nepotism.

Easy job...so easy you get to do other people's work, without compensation. Need roller skates to move from one position to the other. I enjoyed my position. But they made it nearly impossible to finish MY job AND other work they dumped on you.

Pros

An income

Cons

If you're good at your job. You somehow wind up with other people's work, without compensation.

Press supervisor getting with all the female workers

Their were recent accusations towards a press dept supervisor (sperry st location) and even with all proof... The company did NOTHING about it... To make matters worse it was not just one female it was multiple females... How is such a great company going to risk their reputation for a supervisor getting with all their female employees???

A nightmare

This company is a sweatshop! They treat they're workers like slaves. They don't care about anything but they're numbers. They expect you to be there everyday 365 days they don't even have extra staff to cover your shift to keep the cost down of paying workers. They lie to you to string you along. Incompetent management. Prejudice and no confidentiality with employees what so ever. If you want to be on crazy meds work there!

good place

the management was good. 2nd shift manager helps alot of his workers. people was nice an awsome. hot is summer times but they did have air there. sometimes it was stressful but it still is a nice place

The worst

Dysfunctional and toxic with a dash of no one really cares. They give you a good speech of what they do and what you get as an employee but a lot of it just lies. Contradiction is daily here in both words and actions.

Working experience

I loved the pay,I worked 3rd shift and hated it,some of the co workers were mean, you get a lot of overtime if u you to work a lot go for it! They have great benefits but I wouldn't want to work here again! They over work 3rd shift they hardley saw there family, management is pretty nice though!

Not a bad place to work

Compensation for the press crews is fair, bindery workers are underpaid and often undertrained. If you are a professional bindery worker (i.e. cutter operator, stitcher or folder operator, etc.) don’t waste your time If you work as part of a press crew the compensation is fair, but be prepared to work long hours and lots of overtime. They run 3 shifts

Fast pace warehouse work.

There's a lot to learn, but management is very poor. There is favoritism in the work-place, mostly culturally one sided. No positive feedback, always negative and employees are grossly underpaid.

It was ok experience

Mon-Fri 8am-5pm 1 hour lunch. Weekends off. Overtime optional Benefits are good and fairly reasonable. 50,000 life insurance after your 90 days probation. Left because relocation. Depending on departments pay ranges from 15-22 an hr.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 4Over, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits